Thread: Blockbuster for Tavares

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Blockbuster for Tavares

The deal has escalated from a goalie for Tavares to Lundqvist for Bryzgalov + Tavares. Now the deal I'm thinking about proposing is this (he wants a D and a G)

My: Lundqvist + Boyle

for

His: Bryzgalov + Tavares + Penner

What do you think? Am I getting ripped off offering this up or is this a good deal for me?

+REP and Thanks in advance!
    Yahoo 1 Year Leagues:
    G, A, PIM, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G, 4Bn, 1IR

Dobber Sports Demi-God

This translates to Boyle for Penner? Well depends on if you see Penner being studly or not - sample size is a little small for my liking - could be a good call but I think Boyle might be shopped for something more sure at LW.

Dobber Sports Genius

Safe and sure is Lundy & Boyle.

Lundy's value is artificially low at the moment. He's doing great, just isn't the flavour of the moment. Foundation piece for MANY years to come.

Boyle will become most valuable as we go down the stretch drive. Those guys worrying about his age, will be more concerned with his productivity. There's still lots of good mileage left on him.

for

Bryzgalov is the flavour of the month. Good chance he's the real McCoy. A year from now, no one will second guess him anymore, and I think the Phoenix is rising. All those puppies are being seasoned properly now.

Tavares. What is he? Oh, he can't skate. Well, I think if he sucks the joint out, he'll be an 80 pointer. He's the OHL all time career leader for goals. Wow. I'd have never guessed that, until I read it. He did it at a time that was not high water mark for run and gun. YEP HE'S FOR REAL.

Penner. Shoeless put it well refering to 'sample size'. In September I watched him bi-passed 250 times. Now he's a for sure stud to build franchises around? Normally I like to see it for 1-1/2 years, before I believe it. Sometimes I'll take chances on a shorter window than that. Calder Trophy, is one of the elements I like, when taking a short cut on my assessment. Guess who's got S. Mason!!! Penner looks pretty good right now. There are reasons to believe that he may have turned a corner. Hmmmm. My jury is out.

So, Tavares/Bryz or Lundy and then decide on the other part... I'll gamble and go Tavares/Bryz. Sure is a great argument to be made for Lundy though!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Yeah that is my concern. He is a great player for our categories. He shoots, gets goals, and is entering his prime. Hard to say though. Anyone else have some input?

ed- Thanks JHM! Very nice analysis. I like the Tavares/Bryz part better but he wants a D to add in which is the dilemma here. Boyle or Penner? I'd take Boyle but if I have to add it in to get Tavares/Bryz is it worth it? I almost say YES.
    Last edited by Veritas0Aequitas; December 23, 2009 at 7:39 PM.
    Yahoo 1 Year Leagues:
    G, A, PIM, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G, 4Bn, 1IR