Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Filatov

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Filatov

3 goals - 2 assists - 2 games for CSKA.

Sorry Hitchcock but I just don't get it.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    3 goals - 2 assists - 2 games for CSKA.

Sorry Hitchcock but I just don't get it.
    You're not alone!

I...am your father.

It's because it's a man's game over there, while over here...um...wait a minute...
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Guru

priceless guys.

Dobber Sports Pro

Hey UW, I might have a cardboard box and a few other tidbits for Filatov!
    Ultimate Fantasy Hockey League - 2nd Place
    Teams: 12
    Players: G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG,FW,HIT

Goalies: GS,W,L,GAA,SA,SV,SV%,SHO
    Pro(23) Keep(17)
    3C - Toews/Spezza/Rask/Backlund/Dubinsky(LW)
    3LW -Palat/Abdelkader(RW)/Henrique(C)/Soderberg(C)
    3RW - Simmonds/Smith(C)/Little(C)/Jenner(C)/Stafford
    6D - Doughty/Ekman-Larsson/Chara/Braun/Klingberg/Stone/Theodore
    2G - Hellybuyck/Lehner
    IR - Wisniewski/Perreault(C)/Savard/Pavelec
    Farm(10)
    C - Dvorak(LW)
    LW -Lindberg(C)
    RW -
    D - Pulock/Gustafsson
    G - Darling/Hutchinson/Condon/Ullmark//Johnson/Raanta

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

its because his name is nikita. his parents should have named him Ken. Ken Filatov would have made the blue jackets for sure.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Lesson learned

is that from now on Cbj is not allowed to draft / trade for high end offensive prospects. They will destroy them or run them out of the league.

Seriously, why draft those guys anyways?? You might as well draft checkers, 3rd liners...damit!
    10 team keeper league, points.

C: Crosby, Backstrom, Grabovski, Turris
    L: Neal, Moulson, Ladd, Silfverberg
    R: Voracek, Malkin, Giroux, Hemsky, Frolik
    D: Letang, JJ, Wideman, Gonchar, Timonen, Franson, Wisniewski
    G: Luongo, Nabokov, Thomas
    Keep 10 players+2 rookies, Start 3C+3LW+3R+6D+2G

Jimpa - RIP.

Dobber Sports Expert

I really don't think that Hitchkock destroys offensive players. Maybe Nash would do better with better linemates, but it's not because of Hitchcock. I"m certain backchecking and learning to block shots has not much to do with offensive. You look at Nash, he's a lot better under Hitchkock, a more complete player and the points will come soon.

As of Filatov. He just needs to become stronger. In Columbus, he wasn't getting the ice time because he didn't deserve it. The BLue Jackets shoul dreally only play him next year if he can get onto the top 6. Otherwise, he won't get much ice time or good linemates.

BTW, what's with all the Filatov rumors. Let me say one thing. Filatov will not be traded.

Dobber Sports Pro

Are the Blue Jackets not forced to keep him. I mean the sentiment is that they destroy young talented players, or at least that Hitchcock can. Just for their image as a decent place to get drafted and play, do they not have to try to make this work?

They have him cheap for the next couple of years. Maybe he comes back stronger and improved? Maybe Hitchcock likes his game better now that he actually has gotten a chance to play?

And isn't the league hoping that this arrangement will improve realtions with the KHL so young Europeans and Russians can use it as a developmental league? Unless of course they offer him $5 million a year....who knows?

This story might get far more interesting or like Hitchcocks style, be boring as hell.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Rad64 View Post
    Hey UW, I might have a cardboard box and a few other tidbits for Filatov!
    my sense of humour called - it would like to punch you in ear.

edit: come to think of it, i could use some new hockey socks though... red. haha
    Last edited by ultrawhiteness; November 23, 2009 at 8:20 PM.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

The NHL needs to be concerned about revenue - how in hell could it ever be right to take two young potential studs in Radulov and Filatov off NHL ice and put them in Russia. Play them and win 7-6 instead of losing 3-2. I just think this is dumb business.

Oh please let me pay $50 to go watch the Chimera grind.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    The NHL needs to be concerned about revenue - how in hell could it ever be right to take two young potential studs in Radulov and Filatov off NHL ice and put them in Russia. Play them and win 7-6 instead of losing 3-2. I just think this is dumb business.

Oh please let me pay $50 to go watch the Chimera grind.
    AMEN.

Problem: too many dinosaurs run hockey.

Problem 2: too many dinosaurs that are fans of grinders and dirty play and defense run hockey.

Problem 3: Goalies are whiners now, also too much pressure is put on them. GAA under 2.5 should be considered a miracle, not top 10 goalies in the league.

I agree with shoeless bigtime here....Scoring = good marketing. Talent, offense. Not neutral zone trap, fights and shot blocks. Some are valuable skills, but don't sell the game.

The NHL would be better with Rads and Filatov than without...

Look at the NHL in the 80s....glorious
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Guru

can't argue with the theory, but wins probably sell more tickets than watching your team lose 6-4.

Dobber Sports Master

2-1 and 1-0 wins bore fans if they are trap games. If there were chances and the goalies played out of their minds, then maybe they sell, but if not, they snooze...I assure you.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by TML View Post
    I really don't think that Hitchkock destroys offensive players. Maybe Nash would do better with better linemates, but it's not because of Hitchcock. I"m certain backchecking and learning to block shots has not much to do with offensive. You look at Nash, he's a lot better under Hitchkock, a more complete player and the points will come soon.

As of Filatov. He just needs to become stronger. In Columbus, he wasn't getting the ice time because he didn't deserve it. The BLue Jackets shoul dreally only play him next year if he can get onto the top 6. Otherwise, he won't get much ice time or good linemates.

BTW, what's with all the Filatov rumors. Let me say one thing. Filatov will not be traded.
    Well said TML. Hitchcock made a few players better too in Phily.

This is a winwin situation. Filatov wasnt ready for the NHL. How many are at that age?