Thread: Critique: New Web Site for NHL Injuries

Dobber Sports Newbie

Red face Critique: New Web Site for NHL Injuries

I am always trying to dig up the stories behind the injuries and I need more that just an injury list. Solution? Create a website of your own.

I have created a site with just the injury news with a website name inspired by Dobber's "Band Aid Boys". I am looking for advice and a critique.

Check it out at:
    http://bandaidboys.blogspot.com/

Thanks in advance,

Scott

Administrator

It's a neat idea, if you can break some news that would be great!

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Initiate

maybe have any easy search list by name or team, so you can easily find a player that may not be tops on the list, although to tell you the truth, this forum and the injury section is great, updates very quickly and from a number of sources, its really all i need, but good luck.
    16 GMs with 15 Keepers, Pts only, Top 9F,4D,1G count
    2020 & 2013 UFHL Champion

McDavid/Draisatl/Scheifele/Malkin/Marchand/
    Hall/Voracek/Nugent-Hopkins/Bergeron/Giroux

Hedman/Hamilton/Doughty/Ellis/Nurse

Grubauer

Dobber Sports Ace

It's a great idea, but the injury section on Dobber is enough for me. The collaboration by users to share information on here is AMAZING.

Good luck!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by wpggrown View Post
    It's a great idea, but the injury section on Dobber is enough for me. The collaboration by users to share information on here is AMAZING.

Good luck!
    yeah I agree, you have a good idea to be sure but I'm regularly amazed by the job folks on here do of getting the lowdown on these injuries and the real straight dope on the seriousness (is that a word?) of them. I think maybe what would be most beneficial would be to identify the best sources of quality info for each team and aggregate them all onto one page. Like right now you're just aggregating content from fantasysp.com which I already read so theres not much value add

Dobber Sports Pro

great website very handy and up to date.

Great Job
    Year 18 keeper pool. 10 GM roto pool. Keep 2 Centers, 3 Wings,3 Defence,1 Goalie,1 extra. and Prospects up to 5 years after drafted if not activated.
    G, A ,PPG, PPA, Shots, Hits, Blocks, SHP,W, GAA, Sv%, SO ( goals and assist are worth 1.5 points) (shp worth .5)

Centers: S Aho, J.T Miller

Wings: M.Tkachuk, A.Svechnikov, Fiala, Giroux

Defence: Josi,Makar,Chychrun

Goalie: Georgiev

(IR)

Farm: Byfield, Byram, Mercer, Lundkvist Frost, Boldy, Comtois, Fabbro, Nemec , Barlow, Carlsson, Dvorsky,

2015 & 2016 BPKL CHAMPS!

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    yeah I agree, you have a good idea to be sure but I'm regularly amazed by the job folks on here do of getting the lowdown on these injuries and the real straight dope on the seriousness (is that a word?) of them. I think maybe what would be most beneficial would be to identify the best sources of quality info for each team and aggregate them all onto one page. Like right now you're just aggregating content from fantasysp.com which I already read so theres not much value add
    I echo Mcgoo's sentiments. It would really be useful to have a single resource that posts all of the best sources (or simply all the sources) with regards to injuries, as I am not really aware of ALL of them. If not, your website essentially replaces the injury section of the forum, as others have said. I'd love to see a site that links me to various injury info sites though. It would be kind of like those travel agency sites, where in this, you could enter your playaer and it would scour all the listed sites to give you a single page with every clipping from those other pages. Too much work? Feasible? Would you put all those other sites out of business by removing hits lol? I dunno. Just brainstorming here, but I'd love a site that could do that.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

^doesn't take too much effort. Just find what you consider to be the best sources and subscribe to their feeds.