Thread: rinne or hiller

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default rinne or hiller

should i trade rinne for hiller?

Dobber Sports Ace

If you could get away with it, I would...I like Hiller's prospects a lot better for this season than Rinne. Hiller has fantastic skills...
    8 Team Roto League (1-year)
    Cats: G A +/- PIMs PPP SHP SOG SH% HIT BLK GAA SV% SVS W SO
    F: Ovechkin, Stamkos, Giroux, Perry, Tavares, Eriksson, Benn, Jagr, Heatley, Alfredsson, Roy, Hanzal
    D: Phaneuf, Del Zotto, Kulikov, I. White, Goligoski, Niskanen
    G: M. Smith, Emery
    BN: C. Stewart, J. Staal, Read, Brouwer, Ward, Hedberg, Pavelec, Bachman
    IR: Letang, Giordano

The King of Diatribes

I think it depends on a few other aspects of your team and league, but on the surface I think it's a good deal.

Reason being - Hiller is getting into a rhythm quicker since he's playing more consistently, Rinne is not. That could be a major factor as the season continues to move along.

Also - Predators' defense is notorious for being pourous in the first half of the season...then they tighten up in the second half. Might be good to get Hiller now and try to stay competitive while you can ... but again that depends on where you are at right now with the rest of your league and everything.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

thanks for the responses...
    it is a keeper league, and they are both signed to the 3 year deals for the same money. i am in the middle of the pack right now as far as standings go. huet is my other goalie, and i have elliot and clemmensen as backups. also, once a player/goalie is moved out of the starting lineup, they can't be put back in with out clearing waivers, or the get traded.

The King of Diatribes

Well since you already have another good young goalie in Brian Elliott, I would think you have a little bit of a buffer zone here. Elliott is a very good young goalie and has great focus for someone who doesn't play a lot. He had a mini-breakout in the second half of last season and had a major overhaul of the style that worked well for him with the Wisconsin Badgers, making him a much more valuable commodity for the Senators. Leclaire is one of the most injury-prone goalies out there right now, so Elliott's stock could skyrocket at any time.

I think Rinne will have a lot more ups and downs this season compared to last year, which has to be expected considering just how unbelievable he played down the stretch for the Predators. Long term, however, I love Rinne's potential and think he will turn into an elite #1 goalie ... but it might not come with the Predators. Nashville has a lot of good young goalies in their system, including Chet Pickard, Anders Lindback and more.

To be honest, with Elliott on your team and Rinne only expected to struggle this season (sophomore jinx) I would probably just stand pat with Rinne and show some patience and ride out his low points this season. Hope that helps!!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

That does help very much thank you... it is now looking like i might have a chance to do rinne+ for steve mason. i also probably should have mentioned that goalies only count wins(2) and shutouts(5).
    Keeper League , points only, drop 5 at seasons end
    G- f.andersen, hellybuyck
    F- huberdeau, Malkin, guentzel, rust, dach, caufield, tarasenko, Thompson, necas, p. Kane, barzal, scheifele