Thread: Ville Leino?

Dobber Sports Novice

Angry Ville Leino?

I've seen one game of this guy (I'm not a huge Detroit fan) and he didn't look very good at all. He has 10 shots on goal in 7 games so far. He's getting a bunch of PP time, and I thought with Franzen out I'd see a little more from him.

Please talk me out of dropping this guy. I mean he's 26 already.. or should I continue to be patient?

What do you see his ceiling as being? How long until that number?

I'm already pretty loaded with young talent/sleepers.. I'm considering dropping him for Penner who won't be a FA for long.

Dobber Sports Novice

Hmm.. my team in signature not showing up?

Dobber Sports Immortal

I think you need to wait just a little longer. Detroit clearly is not clicking on all cylinders. But with Franzen out of the lineup, Leino moves into the top 6. That either means playing with Filppula (who has been their best player), Datsyuk or Zetterberg (if Babcock decides to split them up). Although this is reflective of how bad their D has been....in 3 of their 4 losses, they have had two goal leads. So once they starting playing tighter hockey, Leino should see his numbers increase....especially with Filppula who has just been awesome.

Dobber Sports Star

dont drop him yet, sit him to see if he works out for a little while

Dobber Sports Recruit

Hang on, be patient. I've watched Leino play and he has skills. He's 26 but in Detroit, due to their depth they keep players in Grand Rapids longer and they learn the system. Right now Datsyuk is hurt and Z isn't doing much....yet. He will be getting top 6 ice time and PP time. Just wait, you won't be sorry.