Thread: What would you do here?

Dobber Sports Pro

Default What would you do here?

Hey guys, so I have two goalie situations I need your opinions on (I posted this in the wrong thread before - sorry!):

Goalie situation #1:
    My goalies: Lundqvist, Rinne, Ellis
    Noteworthy FA goalies: Niemi, Nitty, Gustavsson
    - I am wondering if you guys think I should pick up one of these FA's. If so, would you drop Ellis/Rinne or drop a forward/d on my team and add one of them as a 4th goalie? Gustavsson has just been dropped so I was thinking of whether or not it's worth it to use my #1 waiver on him and stash him on my IR. Would love to know your opinions. Thanks.

Goalie situation #2:
    My goalies: Lundqvist, Luongo
    Noteworthy FA goalie: Bryzgalov
    - So the whole purpose of me drafting two bonafide #1's in Luongo and Lundqvist was so I could roll with 2 goalies all year, and thus, have more forwards/d to help me in the scoring cats since I wouldn't need 3 goalies. BUT, Bryzgalov is off to such a hot start and I am really surprised noone has scooped him up yet. I know my goalies are really solid here, but do you think I should pick up Bryz still? Originally I was thinking of dropping Burns for Jovanovski to upgrade my D but now I'm leaning towards Bryz. In my pool (see sig) you can only keep 1 goalie so I was thinking of unloading Lundy or Luongo for a stud forward/d eventually. Not sure if I'm pumpin Bryz' tires too much for his fast start but maybe adding Bryz here will allow me to do that. OR...should I just keep the extra forward/d and only roll with my 2 #1's? Thanks. Really appreciate it.
    12 teams h-to-h partial keeper league. Daily line-up changes.
    End of the year u keep 1C, 2W, 2D, 1G
    Categories: G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FW, W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    Lineup: 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G, 5Bench, 2IR

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

1) drop a D if you want but i'd stay put. Gustavsson is overrated.

2) drop burns for bryz

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Depends.
    1) This one really depends on your team and league scoring. If Wins are the major goalie cat, Ellis & Rinne are gonna kill you. Then again there is nothing on the waiver wire that'll be a significant upgrade. So unless what you are dropping is pure fat (a player that is just extra), I don't think it's worth it and would save your waiver pickup for a safer move.

2) In a ten team league, Having Luongo, Lundy and Bryz will really help. In Lundy & Luongo, you have two of the top goalies in the league. Before the end of the year, you need to trade one of them to upgrade one of your positions. Specifically, I'd look to upgrade on wing or D. i.e. Cammaleri + Lundy/Luongo for Kane and a pick. (Is it me, or do you only have 4 D in a league where you must dress 4 d? It seems like dropping Burns is not an option. And I think you need at least another D)
    10 Team Keeper (keep 15)
    G,A,+/-, Playoffs
    F: Crosby, Malkin, Parise, Giroux, Vanek, JVR, Pavelski, Clowe, Neal, Havlat, Roy, Frolik, Hodgson, Perron, Parse, Bertuzzin, Knuble, Bourque, Read
    D: Green, Boyle, Letang, White, Gragnani, Greene, Michalek
    G: Miller,Howard, Reimer, Emery

The King of Diatribes

Hey thanks for posting man.

#1. The situation with Rinne/Ellis is EERILY similar to last year. The Preds' defense was HORRIBLE and was injury-ridden and it seems to be happening again, making the goalie performances very hard to decipher. Both Ellis and Rinne have been "streaky" in my opinion and the entire team will have a much more consistent and solid second half of the season. That's when Rinne broke out, so just watch to see how the Predators defense performs and how many shots they are allowing. More proof of Ellis' potential was in that game against the Capitals. Down 2-0 early and stopped the bleeding right then and there until the shootout. Not a bad game at all. Personally I would keep them both and be very cautious when you start them. Go with home games, winning streaks, strong personal records, things like that.

Gustavsson is NOT overrated, he's just on a horrible team. So from a fantasy perspective, he may not be valuable until he's able to find a comfort level and get some help from his teammates. I would say he's going to be a much more valuable goalie in the second half of the season. The Leafs will have to start competing sooner or later, and if you watched the two games Gustavsson played in, you saw his high compete level and some flashes of brilliance.

#2. You can never have too much of a good thing when it comes to goalies. If he's just sitting there, snag him ASAP!!!!! Then you can use one of your goalies as trade bait, or just roll with three elite goalies. Not a bad thing to have =) Depends on how much your goalie stats count and how much you need them. But if he's just sitting there, you'll regret not taking a chance to grab him!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I think its premature to label Gustavsson as anything... he has played only two games so far in the NHL. Could he become the next Lundqvist? Sure he could, but for every Lundqvist there are 50 guys who flop or just turn in to average 'tenders.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified