Thread: Is Penner for real?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Is Penner for real?

So far he's looked really good this year. Two more goals tonight. Is he a changed man under Quinn?
    12 Teams Keeper, Weekly H2H, Daily Starts (3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G)
    Skaters: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW, HIT
    Goalies: GS, W, L, GAA, SA, SV, SV%, SHO

C - Tavares, Scheifle, Trocheck, Granlund
    LW - BTkachuk, Stamkos, Kurashev, Mittelstadt
    RW - MTkachuk, Miller, Pavelski, Tolvanen, Zetterlund
    D - Dahlin, Josi, Hamilton, Fox, Nurse, Montour, Manson
    G - Sorokin, Saros, Ullmark

FARM:
    RW - Michkov
    LW - Voronkov
    C - Foerster
    D - Hutson, Nikishin
    G - Schmid, Daws, Commesso, Portillo, Prosvetov

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I think he is for real - not saying he is going to be a fantasy stud but I think a very good option for a 3rd LW at this point. The young talent on that Oilers team is starting to mature around Hemsky, Horcoff and Penner which should take pressure off each of them and likely allow them to perform better with the added depth to play with.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hockeypoolfanatic View Post
    So far he's looked really good this year. Two more goals tonight. Is he a changed man under Quinn?
    depends what you mean by 'for real'? Will he continue to play well and be a worthy of a fantasy starter? Sure, no question that he'll play a fairly prominent role on any team due to his size alone. But will he maintain this breakneck scoring pace? Not a chance in hell. If he gets you 60 pts and as many PIM this year you should be pleased as punch, so if you have any suitors come calling for his services, its a pretty good time to sell high

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I think there's alot to be said here about coaches's faves. Early into this season it's very obvious Quinn really likes Penner. Unless he does something to blow the trust the coach has in him, I see Penner having a solid year. Let's not forget the Oilers are somewhat small at forward, and Penner is massive! On the flip side, Gagner seems like he is not a fave of Quinn's. Playing with 4th liners most of the time and 2nd PP duty at best. I really like Gagner's heart though. He's dropped the gloves , thrown big hits, trying just about everything to impress the coach.
    (1) 15 Team Keeper G , A, OTG =1 / W=2 OTL=1 SO=4
    Count Top 10 Fwds 4 Ds 2 Gs Protect 15
    Fwds: Marleau, Kopitar,Scheifele, Carter, Plekanec, Stamkos,Backstrom, J Jokinen, E Kane, Pavelski, Granlund, Jenner, Killorn, Terevainen, Frattin
    Ds:Enstrom, Markov, Green, Gardiner, Ry Murphy, Krug, Trouba
    Gs: Bernier, Rask,Bishop, J Gibson
    (2) 16 Team Keeper Pts only Count top 10 Fwds 4 ds 2Gs Protect 15
    Fwds:Zetterberg, P Kane, Benn, Ryan, Henrique, Ennis,Tlusty,Neal, Sharp, Conacher, Grabovski, Whitney, Bickell, Hemsky,Cole
    Ds: Letang, Brodie, Karlsson, Larsson, Trouba,Barberio
    Gs:Fasth, Allen, Lehner, Fleury,Thomas

Dobber Sports Pro

Dick Tracy makes a good point, Quinn loves size but unfortunately for the OIL, Penner's there only big guy who can score, so he's gonna continue to see a lot of minutes. Its funny to think last year everybody hated Penner cause he was the weak link on the Oilers top line, now everybody in oil country is hoping to see Penner on the top line to get Hemsky and Horcoff going. The difference a new coach can make...also Penner's in the best shape of his career.
    I think he can get 30goals, 50+points.
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer