Thread: Pick two (goals = 1 assists = 1)

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Pick two (goals = 1 assists = 1)

Straight forward.

I am deciding between two of:

Brind'Amour (on my team)
    Wheeler
    Filatov
    Okposo (concussion)
    Comrie
    Sturm (on my team)
    Ladd
    Hagman
    Kulemin

I have Brindy on my team now but regret the pick, and can use two moves before the season starts.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'm not one to offer up advice to the experts, but it seems to me that I would easily take okposo with his concussion and post concussion syndroms over a brindy that will be hurt soon enough... tavares and him could make some serious moves, and you won't have to deal with the -50 that they finish in the isle. I think that comrie had a really strong preseason, and being back in his hometown might help him out a lot.... but sturm is lining up with savard and lucic right now... sooooo....I know you're not supposed to make picks based on linemates..but I have to pick sturm for now with a movement possible later hopefully...good trade bait if he does click early...(assuming this is not the league with no trades allowed)
    Limited Keeper ROTO pool, 10 teams. start full line up
    keep 2C 2L 2R 3D 1G (keepers in caps)
    G A P +/- PIM PPG PPA PPP SOG GWG
    GS W L GAA SV SV% SHO
    no max games, must have minimum 6 Dmen on roster

E. STAAL, H SEDIN, Lehtera, stepan, vermette (lw)
    D SEDIN, SHARP (c), semin (rw), doan (rw), Johansson (c)
    BACKES (c) KESLER (c), eberle, clowe (lw), grabovski (c,lw)
    SUTER, PHANEUF, GOLIGOSKI, shattenkirk, markov, boychuk, enstrom
    SCHNEIDER, bishop, S. mason, reimer, berra

Dobber Sports Padawan

You're the expert but I'll try:

I would take

Comrie and Filatov.

Dobber Sports Initiate

In my draft last night I took O'Sullivan as my last pick. I know its preseason but I'm hoping and predicting that the chemistry he and Comrie have worked up will carry over. Both guys are seriously due for some improvement and they know it has to be now. I think Comrie's ego after bouncing around from team to team in relative obscurity after unceremoniously leaving Edmonton is somewhat humbled and he know's he has to produce and he's comeback to where he got to big for himself in the first place. I like Comrie this year...bit of a gamble, but one that I'm taking.

I'd also take Brindy...I'm probably not as well versed on the possibilities of Okposo and Filatov as yourself though.
    F: McDavid, Kucherov, Eichel, Gaudreau, M Tkachuk, E Lindholm, Rob Thomas, Hischier
    D: S Jones, Werenski, DeAngelo, Hamilton
    G: Husso, Raanta

*** ONE YEAR - POINTS ONLY *** skaters: 1pt/G, 1pt/A. goalies: 2pt/win, 2pt/SO *** 12 teams
    MUST HAVE -- 8F, 4D, 2G --- (******Can only swap at same position, F, D, G ********)
    10 ACQUISITIONS TOTAL ON THE YEAR (**I've used NINE of them - ONE LEFT**) *** NO BENCH - NO IR - NO TRADES BETWEEN MEMBERS ***

Administrator

That's a minefield of uncertainty and injury liability that you have to try and pick your way through. Odds are no matter who you pick it's gonna blow up in your face. As it stands I like the two you picked. They don't really have much of an upside but I figure them both for 50-60 points easily.

Filatov is the one guy who stands out as the big gamble here. Liken him to saying f*ck it and running full bore through that minefield without fear of consequence.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I'd go snatch up Filatov. I think he'll be very surprising this year.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Hmmm...

I just don't see Brindy getting more than 45-50 at the very most. On his last legs. Although I thought this 2 years ago when he had 70 or whatever. Sturm I may hold on to for a few weeks. He has 60 pt potential with a wizard like Savard.

Okposo's concussion scares me a bit. I really like Wheeler as well. Filatov... I think another year until he is a viable fantasy threat.

Love the feedback. Always good to get multiple opinions..
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by angus View Post
    Hmmm...

I just don't see Brindy getting more than 45-50 at the very most. On his last legs. Although I thought this 2 years ago when he had 70 or whatever. Sturm I may hold on to for a few weeks. He has 60 pt potential with a wizard like Savard.

Okposo's concussion scares me a bit. I really like Wheeler as well. Filatov... I think another year until he is a viable fantasy threat.

Love the feedback. Always good to get multiple opinions..
    That's who I was going to suggest. Wheeler really improved his offseason training, and he's in a contract year. One injury and he could stick in the top 6, but it's a gamble.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Bleck - tough choices - Sturm would stay for me - I am then pulled between Okposo and Comrie, but with Gagner and Horcoff sitting in front of him, I don't think Comrie makes the wisest choice. Sorry not as big a fan of Wheeler here.