Thread: 2 guys 1 spot, then pick 1 from 6, simple!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default 2 guys 1 spot, then pick 1 from 6, simple!

Firstly, one year league, standard points.
    Secondly, the two guys one spot, Roy vs Getzlaf. Roy has massive upside (hello preseason), but Getzlaf, is this the big one, the year he breaks out considerably. Who do you go this year?

Also need to pick a RW out of this bunch: Doan, Kovalev, Stempniak, Zherdev, Radulov and Dumont. I reckon it\'s pretty subjective, but I\'m hoping I\'m missing an obvious candidate who beats the other 5. Feedback, as always, would be helpful.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re:2 guys 1 spot, then pick 1 from 6, simple!

Why do you have to choose from Roy and Getzlaf... They should both have good seasons, I would take Roy because he should get the majority of PP time in Buffalo and he is centering Vanek and Afinogenov, that just looks too good to pass up.

From the other group I think it is a pretty easy choice for me. I would want Dumont from that group, Kovalev could have a good season but he is always in the doghouse with his club and plays much like Zherdev. Doan has been pretty consistent his whole career but I don\'t see much offense coming out of phoenix this year. I would grab Dumont for now and keep a close eye on Radulov for later in the season. Hope this helps you!
    12 Team Keeper Points League - Keep 5
    G(2), A(1), +/-(1), PIM(.25), PPG(1), SHG(4), GWG(2), W(5), L(-2), SHO(10)

C: Malkin, Duchene, Ribeiro
    W: Nash, Parise, Hemsky, Skinner, Stalberg, Penner
    D: Whitney, Zidlicky, Liles, McBain
    G: Halak, Rinne
    BN: Bieksa, Eberle, Brassard, Mueller, DiPietro, Conklin

Dobber Sports Expert

I\'m inclined to agree with Sharpie...Roy by a hair over Getzlaf. I like Buffalo\'s offense better than Anaheim\'s this year.

There is a bunch of 60ish point players in the second group. I think Dumont is the safest pick of the group...Radulov is the sleeper.
    10 Team [keep 10 + 4 prospects]
    Scoring F=1[g/a]; D=2[g], 1[a]; G=2[w], -1[L], 1[OT], 2[SO] Top 12 F, 6 D, 2 G count

Forwards
    Crosby, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Wheeler, Byfuglien, Hornqvist, Simmonds, Ladd, Zuccarello, Ribeiro, Desharnais, Semin, MacArthur, Moulson, Purcell, Soderberg, Dupuis
    Defense
    Keith, Goligoski, Carlson, Krug, Trouba, Streit, Pouliot, Ceci, Nurse, Martinez
    Goalie
    Fleury/Price/Rask

typo88

I would go with getzlaf, just cause its his third year (traditional break out season), and hes jsut an all round talented guy. for NOW i would grab dumont, however stempniak deserves some consideration, as murray really likes this kid, and seems to be grooming him for something big. Keep an eye on radulov though, i think he is going t have a big year, so it would be wise to pick him up later on. Hope this helps.