Thread: One more for the road

Dobber Sports Ace

Default One more for the road

one more thread for the road...My draft is coming up and a GM and I joking spoke of a blockbuster deal... My sedin twins and a 1st(11th overall) for kane, price and his 3rd (24th overall)...so jk jk jk, but im up against the cap and this is serious relief!! albeit just for one season cuz both those guys get paid nxt yr!!! and now im really thinking of pushing at it...not sure how serious he was, but what do u guys think??? should I push for it? What do you see for Kane and Price in the future...The twins are as consistent as it gets!!!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I think it's a good value trade if it takes the heat off you cap wise. You are getting younger for sure and if Price plays up to spec then I think only the downgrade in pick is the payment you are making to get young and get cap relief - not so bad. Could cost you production in the short term but maybe not.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Depends on what your team looks like, but you are a getting two all stars. Both Kane and Price will be ELITE for years to come....if this is a keeper league I would jump all over it.
    12 team Keeper Head to Head: (10 Keepers)
    G,A,P,+/-,PPP,GWG,PIM,W,SV%,GAA,SO

Duchene - C,
    Marleau, Benn, Ovy - LW
    Eberle,P.Kane, - RW
    Green, Yandle - D
    Price, Rinne - G

Dobber Sports Master

Let's not forget Kane is due for a pay day next season and will get the same or even more than the sedins. Sedins are consistent and Kane is not an upgrade. Price is cheap right now at the cost of sedin i guess depends on your goalie situation. U are also giving up 1st and the harder to fill lw.

Don't make a trade due to cap relief cause the sedins are signed at a great price. Only make the trade if it makes sense for your team outside of the cap situation
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino

The Magnificent One

Quote Originally Posted by Crazynuck View Post
    Let's not forget Kane is due for a pay day next season and will get the same or even more than the sedins. Sedins are consistent and Kane is not an upgrade. Price is cheap right now at the cost of sedin i guess depends on your goalie situation. U are also giving up 1st and the harder to fill lw.

Don't make a trade due to cap relief cause the sedins are signed at a great price. Only make the trade if it makes sense for your team outside of the cap situation
    well put. i second this thought. you are up against the cap but are you over? like you said kane will get paid prbably around 6mil if not more (thinking he takes a lower salary to stay in chicago - but if not we could see upwards to 8mil a year teams will pay it)
    and price MTL wants him long term. i would look for a 4 -5 mil deal for a long time. maybe more but thats only if he is STELLAR this season.

so yes you free up cap now but will be in a similar situation next season. if you can use the trade like crazynuck said then do it. if you have 3 other stud goalies dont. if this lets you replace your current goalie with price then ship the other goalie and his contract out then yes do it.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi