Thread: Parise Trade

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Parise Trade

Heading into the second year of our 14 team keeper league where we protect five keepers Team and cats in sig below. Right now, my keepers will be savard, kovalchuk, parise, phaneuf, and luongo. I have some players like weber and gonchar that I really don't want to let go, but that's a topic for another thread.

Before the draft, I'd like to add another center to my keepers. I figure that I can get full value from parise now, and one of the teams in my league has Carter, lecavelier, and toews, all three of which I'd be happy to have on my roster. I was thinking about putting together one of these trade offers to him in the offseason:

1) parise and 2nd round pick for toews and 1st
    2) parise and 2nd round pick for lecavelier and 3rd
    3) parise and 2nd round pick for Carter and 1st

what do you think of these offers? Am I aiming too high/low? Lecavelier is the one that I really want, but will he bounce back enough to justify losing parise? Any thoughts or advice will be much appreciated. Thanks.
    Last edited by OnlineIdentity; July 26, 2009 at 3:42 AM.
    Yahoo Rotisserie Keeper League

14 Teams, 6 keepers, G, A, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHP, GWG, FW, W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    C- E. Staal, B. Richards, Kadri, Lecavalier, B. Sutter
    W- Parise, Downie, Galchenyuk, Eriksson, Perron, Neil, Atkinson
    D- Chara, Enstrom, Ehrhoff, Fowler, McDonagh
    G- Rask, B. Elliott

Dobber Sports Padawan

id keep Parise. it looks like there are going to be a lot of centers available in your draft so id keep him.

Dobber Sports Stud

Okay i would take Weber instead of Savard. Not a lot of D-men like Weber out there. And like you stated above that guy has toews lecav and carter and there is no way hes gonna keep them all correct? so you basically would be able to get one of them in the draft.
    12 teams H2H Yahoo
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG... W SV%

2C 2LW 2RW 4D 1utility 2g 3bench

Crosby Berglund
    Hartnell Perron
    Wheeler Vrbata
    Karlsson, Giordano, Green, Krug
    Ryan Miller, Fleury

Nyquist, Ennis, Soderberg, Hemsky

Letang IR

Dobber Sports Wizard

Another vote right here to keep Parise. And to add some food for thought, it makes sense you would have a tough time letting go of Gonchar. It seems his value has lowered, but he's going to be a top 5 Dman for 3 more years.

With Weber and Gonchar on the board, you have a tough choice in keeping SAvard over one of them and I wouldn't feel right influencing you without knowing enough about your league and how the rest of the GMs value Dmen. I just think people should be taking a harder look at where they are valuing Gonchar (Note: I'm saying this generally, not to you specifically onlineidentity).

Anyways, welcome to the site. Good luck with your decision.

Cheers.

With only 5 keepers you really have some tough decisions to make. I think overall, if you could grab Carter, he'd be worth it as he contributes in so many cats; however, if I'm the other side of the trade, I don't think I'd do this unless it was Toews or I was very weak on the wing.

You may be able to get Lecavalier, but I would ask for a 1st rounder instead. His season was not that great last year, so he'd likely be a buy-low candidate. I wouldn't trade Parise for Toews as I think Parise value is better in your league.

As for your keepers, if you get Carter or Lecavalier, I'd be tempted to not keep Savard. I'd also be very interested in how many goalies you start. If it is 2, in a 14 GM league, elite goalies are gold. I'd be very tempted to keep Luongo and Ward... Ward I see becoming a better and better fantasy asset as the years go by.

There are some really good cases for keeping another stud D, but with only 5 protected on each team, there will be a lot of very good D available in the re-entry draft.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Sorry, should have been a bit clearer in that we're only allowed to keep a maximum of one goalie at th end of the season. Will post other manager's team in the morning as right now i'm on my mobile. Been thinking about what you guys are saying and also been in contact with the other manager. Thinking of offering ward and parise for lecavelier and a first now (12th overall), changing my fifth keeper from savard to gonchar, and then hope to snag back either or both savard and weber or a winger if there's a good one there, along with a goalie with my first three picks, 12th, 14th, and 15tg overall. Sorry about the terrible spelling. Thoughts?
    Yahoo Rotisserie Keeper League

14 Teams, 6 keepers, G, A, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHP, GWG, FW, W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    C- E. Staal, B. Richards, Kadri, Lecavalier, B. Sutter
    W- Parise, Downie, Galchenyuk, Eriksson, Perron, Neil, Atkinson
    D- Chara, Enstrom, Ehrhoff, Fowler, McDonagh
    G- Rask, B. Elliott

The Magnificent One

i know how hard it is to let go of guys like weber gonchar and the likes.. but dont be fooled in these type of pools dmen are less kept and easier to draft than elite 90 point players.

i would stick with the keepers you have and go from there.
    what i might think about doing is offering up gonchar, weber, ward.. guys you arent keeping that others might for better draft picks or more draft picks so you have more picks in the first couple rounds.

another option to do would be to aim for the big 3. if you have so many limited keepers maybe the team with malkin needs a goalie and ward is huge. you could always offer up ward, weber, and savard for a crosby or malkin that is if there teams need better keepers than what they have.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by newper114 View Post
    i know how hard it is to let go of guys like weber gonchar and the likes.. but dont be fooled in these type of pools dmen are less kept and easier to draft than elite 90 point players.

i would stick with the keepers you have and go from there.
    what i might think about doing is offering up gonchar, weber, ward.. guys you arent keeping that others might for better draft picks or more draft picks so you have more picks in the first couple rounds.

another option to do would be to aim for the big 3. if you have so many limited keepers maybe the team with malkin needs a goalie and ward is huge. you could always offer up ward, weber, and savard for a crosby or malkin that is if there teams need better keepers than what they have.
    I like this line of thinking. Try someone who has one of the big boys with the above trade or something similar. I know Phaneuf is in line for a big season with Jbo there now, but I would not be abject to starting a keeper season with two of Phaneuf/Weber/Gonchar/Kronwall if it's only keep 5. Even if Kronwall doesn't hold the immediate value of the others, I like his game long-term in the D.
    Tweet @ Me brah!
    10 team Auction Keeper-Year 7, No FAs, Points only, Weekly Lineups
    C-Backstrom, Stepan, Desharnais
    W-Ovie, Pacioretty, Kadri, Nyquist, Granlund, Schwartz
    D- Chara, Wideman, Kronwall, Phaneuf
    G-Varlamov
    Bench: Schenn, MSmith, Yakupov, Hartnell, Gionta, Williams, Carle
    Farm: Barkov, Kucherov, Monahan, Trouba, Klimchuk, Poirier, Nieto, Toffoli, Dumba, Gormley, GReinhart, BSmith, Aberg
    Proud owner of entire first round in KPL 2015 prospect draft

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by newper114 View Post

this is a good idea, take a look at the guys who own Malkin/Ovie/Crosby and see if what you could offer them in trade would be better than what they already have for keepers...

for instance, something like:

Ward/Gonchar/Kovalchuk

you basically dump 3 quality guys you cant keep and you snag a #1...I would very aggressively seek out this kind of deal, in your league quality rules of quantity