Thread: Howard

The Magnificent One

Default Howard

Hey goalieguild whats the deal with howard?

Is he a full time starter in the NHL or just a backup? do we see him being detroit's or someone elses future?
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

The King of Diatribes

I would go through some of the other Howard threads in here to see my extensive response.

Howard is not a prospect worth keeping or wasting your time with. He has fantasy value this year as Osgood's backup, so he is the exact same as Ty Conklin.

But Osgood will be more consistent this year than he was last year and Howard is not as experienced or as consistent as Conklin was.

Detroit is giving Howard the chance he deserves, but I think they see much more long-term potential in Daniel Larsson. I admire the Red Wings for pushing their goalies through the system in a timely fashion by giving Howard a chance to be an NHL backup while Osgood is still under contract.

Decent fantasy value this year, hardly worth anything in keeper leagues. That's my blunt personal opinion on the kid.

Reminds me a lot of the situation Ben Bishop is in. Once they leave the comfort of the NCAA, their game becomes terribly inconsistent.