Thread: Jonathan Bernier

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Jonathan Bernier

When will this guy get his shot at starting for the Kings?

Dobber Sports Stud

He will this year if he has a monster camp but more realistically i think next year and starter in 2. And thats when he will reap the benefits of a fully developed LA Kings.
    12 teams H2H Yahoo
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG... W SV%

2C 2LW 2RW 4D 1utility 2g 3bench

Crosby Berglund
    Hartnell Perron
    Wheeler Vrbata
    Karlsson, Giordano, Green, Krug
    Ryan Miller, Fleury

Nyquist, Ennis, Soderberg, Hemsky

Letang IR

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Gotta agree with RNS again - pretty much how I see it going down for him. I have on the farm in one of my keepers and planning for him to replace Turco in 2 seasons.

Dobber Sports Stud

I like what Quick has done in L.A. He and Ersberg will continue this year. Bernier is #3 on their depth chart. Personally I think he is a year away, from backing up Quick.

The King of Diatribes

I think everyone in the organization knows (even Quick and Ersberg) that Bernier could easily be the starter this season if he wanted to be and had a solid camp. Everyone knows he is the future in LA and that future is quickly approaching.

But as Ricknashucks pointed out, two years is when the Kings will be more developed and better suited for him to step in as the starter.

Plus, it makes managerial sense to let Quick and Ersberg battle it out in an effort to raise their trade value. They both know that their future is probably not in LA, unless they are content to be a backup to Bernier. But I think both Quick and Ersberg know they have the abilities to be a starter somewhere in the league.

Therefore I see Bernier being the starter in the 2010-11 season and a definite Calder Trophy candidate. How the Kings have developed Bernier is exactly what you want to see from NHL teams. They bring him up at least once to give him a taste of action, they don't hang him out to dry and they give him at least two seasons of plenty of AHL action.

Good show, Ron Hextall!

I'm thinking this is the exact reasoning behind NOT signing Marty Biron. Let Quick and Ersberg duke it out to raise both of their value while Bernier gets one more solid season in Manchester. Either Quick goes or Ersberg goes, or they both go and the Kings bring in a solid veteran backup presence to work with Bernier.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

As a Bernier owner I must agree with everyone else - he is a year or two away....
    Team:
    Eichel, Panarin, Tavares,
    Werenski
    Markstrom
    Stats:
    G,A,+-,PPG,PPA,SHG.SHA,SOG,PIM,GA,W,SV,SO,SHOW,SHOL

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I agree with popular opinion here, 1-2 years out, but worth the wait if you have a position to squat on him...the D core being build in LA is awesome!
    2011/12 Capped Keeper League Team((F)=Franchised@1/2 salary: 9F/3D/2G+spares

F-P.Kane(F)/C.Giroux(F)/M.Duchene(F)
    D-Green
    G-R.Luongo
    FREE ROOKIES:J.Eberle/N.Filatov/O.Ekman-Larsson/J.Bernier/C.Schneider

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I am no goalie expert, but I think Quick is going to be a very good starter.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

The King of Diatribes

Angus,

You are right. I also feel like he's going to perform very well.

The Olympics is a main source for inspiration for him to come out of training camp on fire. I won't be surprised to see him start the first five games for the Kings.