Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hudler

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Hudler

So what's this guy going to do this year? seems to me with Samuellson and Hossa gone that he has increased TOI coming. Will the production also increase?

Administrator

I'm thinking he clears 70. He is such a point scoring machine so I anticipate a nice jump with the increased role. I don't think 75-80 is too much of a stretch either.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Padawan

I agree with eric, though it depends on what happens if/when he goes to arbitration. A big award will force the Wings to make a big decision. Assuming he stays though, he should get consistent even strength minutes with one of Datsyuk or Zetts, and quality PP minutes as well. It wouldn't shock me to see him approach a point a game.

Hmmm... maybe I should go after him.

The Airborne Attack
    (GFHL - 14 Team Keeper League 2016 Champions)

F: McDavid, Laine, Monahan, Simmonds, van Riemsdyk, Granlund, Schwartz, Kreider, Oshie, Trochek, Bjugstad
    D: Ekman Larsson, Carlson, Ristolainen, Parayko, Skjei, Ekblad, McNabb
    G: Price, Rinne, Halak, Montoya

Farm: Dvorak, Kaprizov, Ritchie, Rattie, Chabot, Carrick, Johns, Hutton, Sorokin

Dobber Sports Sage

Agreed with the others. He should jump in to that top 6 role, though Filppula could get there before him. I don't think Hudler is utilized properly as a third liner, so odds of him in a top 6 role are pretty good. I've put my money on him, I recommend you do too! 70+ sounds good to me. If the minutes are there, he'll hit it. I don't see Det having any issues with his arbitration decision either. Between 3.5-4 million is what I see and if Detroit doesn't find this worth it than they would be crazy. I think they know what they got when they drafted this guy.
    10tm Dynasty Lg - $96M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C: Barkov, Eichel, McDavid
    RW: P. Kane, Okposo
    LW: E. Kane, Couture
    D: Subban, Byfuglien, Faulk, Vatanen, Morgan Reilly
    G: Schneider, Gibson/Andersen
    UTIL: Kuznetsov, Kadri, Little, Stone

Farm
    D: J. Schultz, Sekera, Hanifin, Hamonic
    F: Spooner, Silfverberg, Konecny, Roussell
    G: F. Andersen/Gibson, Mason, Ward, Anderson

Prospect:
    F - D Strome, Burakovsky, Raantanen, Bjorkstrand
    D - Ryan Murphy

Dobber Sports Giant

Nah, he won't clear 30 pts, so you're better trading him to me. I'll take this pain off of your back! HAHAHAHA!

Seriously, elevatemysoul got a good point about arbritation. Sometimes a player can never be the same after this. But yeah, I don't have any issues saying he'll probably end up in low 70s, if not probably around 65.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

i hope he gets awarded 4-5mil so detroit has to trade him

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Chicleteur View Post
    Nah, he won't clear 30 pts, so you're better trading him to me. I'll take this pain off of your back! HAHAHAHA!

Seriously, elevatemysoul got a good point about arbritation. Sometimes a player can never be the same after this. But yeah, I don't have any issues saying he'll probably end up in low 70s, if not probably around 65.
    You joke my man! - why do you think I posted this? I needed everyone to tell you how wonderful Hudler is, before I sent you the trade offer.

Isn't Mad magazine's Spy vs Spy your favorite cartoon?

Dobber Sports Superstar

Here's hoping for a big breakthrough season, have held onto for 3 years.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    You joke my man! - why do you think I posted this? I needed everyone to tell you how wonderful Hudler is, before I sent you the trade offer.

Isn't Mad magazine's Spy vs Spy your favorite cartoon?
    HAHAHA! I you see I know you this well!

Oh god you brought god memories talking about this cartoon! Probably not my favorite, but a good one for sure!

Dobber Sports Sage

Hudler is overrated. He might see a jump...but to 60-63 points. His 90 point upside that people boast about on here is not realistic. Neither is 80. Neither is 75.

Dobber Sports Genius

I'm not sure that anyone has gone to arbitration with the Wings in some time. If he received a contract that didn't fit into their 'structure', you have to wonder that he might find himself packed up and sent out of town. The Wings seem to get everyone to tow the company line.

Now, on the assumption they sign a nice little contract that makes all parties happy, you would have to think 60 points is safe and wonder for more. You would have to think that his TOI & PP TOI would increase. Biggest flaw in all of that, is that this is a guy that has physical limitations and is a poor skater by NHL standards. Thus, when they decide he's not the type of material you need to win championship (in leadership roles) I wouldn't be too shocked. Is he a bit Boyes-ish?

The major potential fly in the ointment is of course Leino. Perhaps we over rate that. He didn't play regularly in the NHL this year and signed for $800,000 as a UFA. We should assume that if he was a God of hockey that he might have found a bit more cash. Filppula and The Mule, will get more prominence as well. That one of the grinding kids (Helm, Abdelkader) shot ahead, shouldn't dazzle us. Finally, not sure if there is one out there, but the wings have been known to find a spot for a quality vet looking for a last hurrah.

Still, I would think, 60 points is pretty safe.

I think that Hudler is well on his way to developing up to a PPG player. If not in Det, than he'll be a top 6 player elsewhere.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by playmaker26 View Post
    Hudler is overrated. He might see a jump...but to 60-63 points. His 90 point upside that people boast about on here is not realistic. Neither is 80. Neither is 75.
    Is this a gut feeling?? Have you watched him play? Where does this thought process come from???

I'm truly curious....I find it hard not to believe that a guy who plays on the third line, 2nd unit PP, and averages 13-14 minutes a game and posts 57 points can't be considered as a potential PPG player....Getting the chance at playing with Dats or Zett, or on a 2nd line behind them, at the very least is reason enough to believe that a talented, skilled winger can fill the net.
    10tm Dynasty Lg - $96M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C: Barkov, Eichel, McDavid
    RW: P. Kane, Okposo
    LW: E. Kane, Couture
    D: Subban, Byfuglien, Faulk, Vatanen, Morgan Reilly
    G: Schneider, Gibson/Andersen
    UTIL: Kuznetsov, Kadri, Little, Stone

Farm
    D: J. Schultz, Sekera, Hanifin, Hamonic
    F: Spooner, Silfverberg, Konecny, Roussell
    G: F. Andersen/Gibson, Mason, Ward, Anderson

Prospect:
    F - D Strome, Burakovsky, Raantanen, Bjorkstrand
    D - Ryan Murphy

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by ridinryan44 View Post
    Is this a gut feeling?? Have you watched him play? Where does this thought process come from???

I'm truly curious....I find it hard not to believe that a guy who plays on the third line, 2nd unit PP, and averages 13-14 minutes a game and posts 57 points can't be considered as a potential PPG player....Getting the chance at playing with Dats or Zett, or on a 2nd line behind them, at the very least is reason enough to believe that a talented, skilled winger can fill the net.
    He won't be on the top PP unit. He will be playing 16 minutes at the most probably. People are touting him as a PPG guy but Hossa didn't even have 80 points last year on one of the big lines.

No forward over 50 points in 2007-08 other than Datsyuk and Zetterberg.
    No forward over 55 in 2006-07.

I'm just not really high on him.

Dobber Sports Ace

I have to agree with playmaker as for his projection for next year, on another team or situation he could be close to a ppg but Detroit does scoring by committee and that will limit his value in fantasy circles (compared to his hype).

I think he will have around 65 points next year but if one of the other top 6 guys gets injured then he could break the ppg but it is highly unlikely.

guys ahve to remember that only 17 players in the whole league broke 80 points last year, so unless they reduce the goalie pads or something drastic, there is only going to be around 20 guys every year that break that mark.