Thread: Kane, MPS or Hodgson

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Kane, MPS or Hodgson

Hey guys,

the prospect draft of my dynasty league starts monday and i have the 4th pick. Our scoring is simple with 1 goal worth 1 and 1 assist worth 0.5. Positions are simple too with forwards forward and defence defence.

Any player drafted by an nhl club who has played 10 games or less is eligible but the majority of top end prospects from the previous years were already picked up in our inaugural draft at the beginning of the year.

Anyways, i have the 4th overall pick and i assume Tavares and Duchene will go 1 and 2. I have no idea who goes 3 but these 3 are all on a level for me and at least 2 will be available here. Obviously there is a premium on goal scorers but is Kane\'s goalscoring upside worth a pick over the other two here?

Thanks in advance!

Dobber Sports Stud

Hodgson is the most likely, of the three mentioned, to start this year. I would go with Hodgson if you are wanting production sooner than later. Long term I would probably go MPS.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I think I like Hodgson here. Hodgson has the goal same scoring potential as Kane and MSP. Assists are only worth half as much so say if MSP gets 12 more assists and the same amount of goals it is really only 6 points. Hodgson is ready now and will start producing now. The others you have to wait on.

I would rank them:
    Hodgson
    MSP
    Kane

But if all your care about is 3 years from now:
    MSP
    Hodgson
    Kane

Kane\'s PIM don\'t help him out here as your league is only goals and assists. I see MSP and Hodgson way ahead of him in just a goals and assists league.