Thread: Soderberg

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Soderberg

Is this guy coming over this year or what?
    He seems like a shoe-in, so what\'s going on?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Soderberg

loves playing in Sweden.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Soderberg

I think he is supposed to come over this year and challenge for a NHL roster spot but I am not positive. Just a thought but what if he comes over to training camp and is cut.. does he go to the AHL or is there a good chance he just goes back to Sweden?

Administrator

Default Soderberg

I thought he said every year it would be NHL or Sweden. No AHL. I\'m not optimistic for his future in Boston, they have such a deep team and will probably favor guys in their own system that paid their dues and have experience with call-ups.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Soderberg

angus wrote:
    loves playing in Sweden.
    yup. don\'t really expect him to come over anymore.

Dobber Sports Novice

Thumbs up Soderberg comeing in September

Taken from the Boston Herald:

According to Stephen Harris of the Boston Herald, Carl Soderberg will be in training camp in September. Here is the text from his article:

While Swedish winger Carl Soderberg is not at this week’s development camp, Chiarelli said the organization probably has convinced the reluctant 23-year-old to come to training camp in September and try to make the team.

“It’s been communicated to him that there could be a chance for him to play (for the Bruins), with (Phil) Kessel and (David) Krejci both possibly not being ready at the start of the season,” Chiarelli said. “It’s a chance for him to come over and do something.”

The GM said Soderberg, who has been unwilling to play for Providence, might be OK with a brief stint with the AHL team if he felt he was close to making the parent club. . . .

Spindly Russian defenseman Yuri Alexandrov, the Bruins’ second-round pick in 2006, is getting his first taste of the organization this week. He will return to Russia this season but is likely to be signed by the B’s in the future.