Thread: Brett Maclean PHO and Mayorov CLB

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Brett Maclean PHO and Mayorov CLB

When do these guys get a shot at an NHL game? This year? Next?
    10 Team Salary Cap Keeper League-protect up to 15
    Total of points and +/-; position vs. position (ie. my 2 Centres vs. his 2 Centres)
    C -Crosby, Ribeiro, Strome, Granlund
    LW -Neal, Nyquist, Johansson, TBD
    RW -Coyle, Eberle, TBD, TBD
    D -Streit, Phaneuf, Green, Keith, Letang, TBD
    G -S. Mason, TBD

Dobber Sports Ninja

Maclean is closer then Mayorov I would think but neither guy is likely playing any games in the NHL this season.

Dobber Sports Ace

Funny, I own both these guys in my 10-team roto keeper, both are in my minors. From all I hear about Maclean, he\'s progressing ahead of anything the Yotes were hoping for. Not sure when that means he gets some time with the big club, hoping soon. Promising though. As for Mayorov, have no fresh info on him now.
    HHG - Amish Flyers
    10 team roto keeper (keep 17) w/50-man minors
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SOG,H,Blk,P2D,SktPts;W,GAA,SV%
    6-Time League Champ
    Active
    F: Barkov/Gaudreau/Guentzel/Tarasenko/Laine/Point/Teravainen/Norris/Bratt/BSchenn/Schmaltz/Ek
    D: Hughes/Weegar/Trouba/Klingberg/Pionk/Ghost/Spurgeon
    G: Jarry/Kuemper/Husso/Ullmark
    Minors
    F: Robertson/Hintz/Lafreniere/Batherson/Farabee/Jeannot/Frost/Tomasino/Garland/Holtz/Sillinger/Johnston/McMichael/Podkolzin/Maccelli/Beck/Brisson
    D: Nemec/Lundkvist/Zellweger/Rathbone/POJoseph/Hutson/Fehervary
    G: Swayman/Wallstedt/Brossoit/Fedotov/Prosvetov/Vejmelka/Prosvetov

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Well both these boys are above average, mid-level, prospects, and both are close!

Phx has alotta forwards to out preform to make thier roster, but that also means its wide open in camp. MacLean could easily steal a spot outta camp and be on the roster the full year... or he could melt in the Minors and battle for 1st call up... (latter is most likely)... But if you have him and can hold him as next year will be his jump year in which Phx rids them selves of Mid Level contracts and goes with mid developed youth...

Projected lines in perfect world for 10/11:
    Doan - Lombardi - Mueller
    Porter - Turris - Upshall
    Dawes - Hanzal - Boedker
    MacLean - Prucha - Lisin
    Fedorek, Tikhonov, Fiddler, Kolarik, Staal fighting for extra man

Maksim is a better situation but needs a little more work on him... Right now he\'s odd man out... 2-3 injuries and he should be called up.. but in after this year when 3 or 4 UFAs leave town that should give Mayorov a good top 3 line position on the roster with some fun linemates...

Expect call-ups for both this year but nothing too big... If you got them, hold them. If you can get them without hurting ur roster, go for it... (again thats if the lg is deep and it doesnt affect how you play this year or next)
    Current Roster:

F: H Sedin, Plekanec, Perry, Cammalleri, Oshie, Stepan, Anisimov, Kunitz, Justin Williams, Little, Baertchi, Huberdeau, Eberle, Rattie, Hoffman, Holland, Horvat, Dano, Dal Colle, Kerdiles

D: Boumeester, Green, Carlson, Del Zotto, Myers, Alzner, M Staal, Pouliot, Gormley, Mueller

G: Varlamov, Mrazek, Niemi, Vasilevski, Ramo, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Ace

Thanks guys. I own neither and both are available as entry players in my league (minor spot, no effect on roster). Once they play a game they are no longer avialable for entry picks and I would love to bench them in the minors for a couple of years.

Who would you take of the two? I think my first pick is going to be Jamie Benn (I pick too low in my draft to get any of the good forwards or D and I don\'t take entry goalies, they taketoo long ot develop).
    10 Team Salary Cap Keeper League-protect up to 15
    Total of points and +/-; position vs. position (ie. my 2 Centres vs. his 2 Centres)
    C -Crosby, Ribeiro, Strome, Granlund
    LW -Neal, Nyquist, Johansson, TBD
    RW -Coyle, Eberle, TBD, TBD
    D -Streit, Phaneuf, Green, Keith, Letang, TBD
    G -S. Mason, TBD

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Mayorov...

Brighter upside and will get a better chance that MacLean will...

Personally as a player and what he brings I like MacLean... but strictly Fantasy, take Mayorov...

I\'m an AHL season ticket holder so I do see a shit load of prospects... And being from Toronto I got to see alot of Mayorov since he\'s in our division... but I also saw Maclean enough times too cause hes in our Conferance...
    Current Roster:

F: H Sedin, Plekanec, Perry, Cammalleri, Oshie, Stepan, Anisimov, Kunitz, Justin Williams, Little, Baertchi, Huberdeau, Eberle, Rattie, Hoffman, Holland, Horvat, Dano, Dal Colle, Kerdiles

D: Boumeester, Green, Carlson, Del Zotto, Myers, Alzner, M Staal, Pouliot, Gormley, Mueller

G: Varlamov, Mrazek, Niemi, Vasilevski, Ramo, Hellebuyck