Thread: Dmitri Kugryshev

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Dmitri Kugryshev

What\'s the deal with this guy? Dobber\'s prospect guide indicates that he\'ll be good for 75+ points as a right winger in washington :huh: (a team that doesn\'t have any great young rw prospects).

In the year of the draft, he actually outscored Nikita Filatov (while only playing a few more games = 6) than Filatov did at that level.

How is it that they seem to be pretty comparable in skill level (they were on the same team and put up almost identical numbers), and he\'s in the more offensive minded system that is washington... and his upside is 75+ while filatov\'s is 110+ ?

:huh:

is there something i\'m missing? because even with the knuble signing, there\'s a gaping hole on that right side in D.C. that it\'s not really looking like fehr will be stepping into very soon...

I mean as a russain, i\'d imagine that Kugryshev would have tremendous chemistry with either semin or ovechkin in the long run... is 75+ really his \"upside?\"

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Dmitri Kugryshev

Numbers aren\'t everything. His skillset could be hard to translate to the pro game, etc.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Dmitri Kugryshev

good post Lanky. Am interested to hear people\'s take. Seems like a great prospect to nab.

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Dmitri Kugryshev

I picked him up on Dobber and Angus\' advice, stashed him in my minor leagues. Hoping for big stuff if he could find some chemistry with Ovie and Backstrom. Could be huge, or a huge bust.
    HHG - Amish Flyers
    10 team roto keeper (keep 17) w/50-man minors
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SOG,H,Blk,P2D,SktPts;W,GAA,SV%
    6-Time League Champ
    Active
    F: Barkov/Gaudreau/Guentzel/Tarasenko/Laine/Point/Teravainen/Norris/Bratt/BSchenn/Schmaltz/Ek
    D: Hughes/Weegar/Trouba/Klingberg/Pionk/Ghost/Spurgeon
    G: Jarry/Kuemper/Husso/Ullmark
    Minors
    F: Robertson/Hintz/Lafreniere/Batherson/Farabee/Jeannot/Frost/Tomasino/Garland/Holtz/Sillinger/Johnston/McMichael/Podkolzin/Maccelli/Beck/Brisson
    D: Nemec/Lundkvist/Zellweger/Rathbone/POJoseph/Hutson/Fehervary
    G: Swayman/Wallstedt/Brossoit/Fedotov/Prosvetov/Vejmelka/Prosvetov

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Dmitri Kugryshev

sentium wrote:
    Numbers aren\'t everything. His skillset could be hard to translate to the pro game, etc.
    From 2008 Prospects report:
    A gritty winger with a slick, deceptive stride and shifty moves, Kugryshev outscored teammate Nikita Filatov on CSKA\'s farm club, leading the team in goals, assists and points. Relentless on the attack, the winger visibly delights in out-thinking and out-timing opponents. A quick release and hard wrist shot are a handful on their own, but Kugryshev forces his opponents to respect the pass as he excels at sending and receiving pucks in mid-flight on either the fore or backhand. Kugryshev is a risk to never come over due to a multi-million dollar Russian contract offer. Nevertheless he\'s one to watch closely, even if you don\'t draft him this year.
    I mean as far as i can tell... the only knock on him is that he might not come over... which he did. last year. He played in the Q.

I mean based on the above... it sounds like his skill set is that of an NHL or major league player... I just don\'t know...

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Dmitri Kugryshev

Ovechkin-Backstrom-Seemin
    Knuble-Laich-Fleichman
    (Clark, Bradley, Steickel, Fehr, Aucoin, Bourque)
    Seems like he could beat someone out for top 9 and bet he gets to a top 6 within a yr.
    BUT, will he ever see PP1 with Ovy-Backstrom-Seemin-Knuble-Green? They play like 1:45 of every 2 min. minor!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Dmitri Kugryshev

You mean Bugg\'s advice - I\'ve never even heard of the guy!
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified