Thread: Golisgosik,Bogosian

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Golisgosik,Bogosian

Hey what are the upsides to them guys. Here is my team Carter,backstrum,Kane,Tavares,Gagne,Roy Erik Jhonson,Drew Doughty,R.Blake,Neider, Leclair

H2H league 10 keeper would u trade Blake or Neider for one of them and a nice pick or wait.. Cheers!
    H2H, 12 Gm'z, 12 keeper,5 Farm,8 reserve's A,G,DG,Hat.T,GWG,PPA,PPG,SHG,SHOG,SO,W, D'z 2 points for goal one for assits. Plus PPA PPG for defence. Dress 9 F 5D 1 G.

J.Tavares,C.Giroux,A.Kopitar,E.Staal,R.Getzlaf,P.K essel,J Neal,B.Burns

S.Weber,E.Karlsson,J.Gardnier,M.Streit
    Marc-Andre Fleury

Farm: T.Toffoli,N.Bjugstad,D.Hamilton,C.Ceci,D.Pouliot

Keepers Set for
    Updated Nov 2 2013

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I would definitely trade someone like Blake or Niedermayer to get Bogosian and a pick.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Ace

Bogosian is the guy to target here, let someone else take the chance on Golisgosik who needs things to go his way to get a break ie fisrt line PP time as he is behind Gonchar and Letang, Bogosian will make his own way.

I also agree that Blake is the guy you should try and move niedermeyer will have more value for you this year.
    14 team keeper league (keep 15 plus 3 prospects)
    19 active, 8 bench, 2 prospects less than 40 NHL games. Play h2h with postions 3c, 3lw, 3rw, (3 felx forwards) 5d, 2g

C-E.Stall, Plekanac,Thorton, Turris, Little
    LW_Elias, Heatley (RW), Pacioretty
    RW-Erat
    D-Keith, Yandle, OEL, Giordano
    G- Rinne, Nabakov

(Farm) Beau Bennett, Jaden Schwartz

Follow me on Twitter @HardyintheWack

(draft in process)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Another vote for trading Blake for Bogosian +. That would be a great deal! I thought that I did well getting the 7th overall pick for Blake. If I were the other guy I would definitely not be doing this deal, even if I were looking to win next year. Maybe for Niedermayer... and even then not with the pick.

Also, as a Goligoski owner, I completely agree with previous poster that it would be preferable to get Bogo over Goli. Do we even know for sure if Blake is playing next season? I haven\'t heard much (or any) news about that.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thanks for the fast reply guys, The thing is I might be able to get both. My team is very young and Bogosian is a FA in our league! yup thats right.. so I`m trying to grab him in the early stages 3rd or so. Golisgski has signed a 3 year deal with the pens so he should be playing with gonchar on the PP. As for Blake SJ is really trying to sign him to a contract so he should be playing. My D would look like this, EJ,DD,Goligoski,Bogosian,Neider. Can I still compete next season with my D so young. Cheers
    H2H, 12 Gm'z, 12 keeper,5 Farm,8 reserve's A,G,DG,Hat.T,GWG,PPA,PPG,SHG,SHOG,SO,W, D'z 2 points for goal one for assits. Plus PPA PPG for defence. Dress 9 F 5D 1 G.

J.Tavares,C.Giroux,A.Kopitar,E.Staal,R.Getzlaf,P.K essel,J Neal,B.Burns

S.Weber,E.Karlsson,J.Gardnier,M.Streit
    Marc-Andre Fleury

Farm: T.Toffoli,N.Bjugstad,D.Hamilton,C.Ceci,D.Pouliot

Keepers Set for
    Updated Nov 2 2013

Dobber Sports Apprentice

EJ, DD and Nieds should serve you well in terms of competing next year. You might not have the top d corps, but it should at least be competitive, and will be feared in years to come.

Don\'t get too ahead of yourself in terms of short-term expectations for Goligoski though. I don\'t see that Pittsburgh PP unit being anything other than Letang-Gonch. They have good chemistry, which they have developed over the past couple of years. I think it takes Goligoski at least one full season (more likley two) to become a mainstay on the top PP unit.

Dobber Sports Icon

I\'d go with Bogosian too.

I\'m curious why he\'s so low on Dobber\'s D-men list, below guys like Tyutin, Zidlicky, Enstrom, etc...with the numbers he put up last year you\'d think he\'d be at least in the top 20, about equal with Doughty.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Goligoski all the way here for me. Sure Bogo has less in his way right now but can he say he can be on a pp with Crosby and Malkin? Nope. Goligoski has seriously sick upside and he showed flashes of it last year. Letang has period\'s where his confidence is iffy and his decision making isn\'t the best, because of this look for Goligoski to be used in the same way that Whitney was on the Pit PP, just on a part-time basis...until Gonch leaves...

...THEN LOOK OUT!

I like Bogosian a lot, but Goligoski has the higher ceiling and the better situation...potentially.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

The potential in Pittsburgh is not a bad argument (though a PP with Kovalchuk, Little and Enstrom is terrible either). I\'ve just been burnt too many times picking players based on their \"situation\".

In the long run, when picking between two up and comers, I think it is better to take the player with more talent as opposed to basing the decision on current situations. In five years, those situations could look entirely different.

The counter-argument might be to cite someone like Rick Nash or Ales Hemsky... all the talent in the world but limited opportunities based on their teams.

I\'m interested to hear others\' opinions on how much consideration one should give to prospects\' potential linemates versus raw talent.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Bogosian has Enstrom and Hainsey in front of him, it\'s not like they\'ve just tossed him the keys to the top PP either.
    Tweet @ Me brah!
    10 team Auction Keeper-Year 7, No FAs, Points only, Weekly Lineups
    C-Backstrom, Stepan, Desharnais
    W-Ovie, Pacioretty, Kadri, Nyquist, Granlund, Schwartz
    D- Chara, Wideman, Kronwall, Phaneuf
    G-Varlamov
    Bench: Schenn, MSmith, Yakupov, Hartnell, Gionta, Williams, Carle
    Farm: Barkov, Kucherov, Monahan, Trouba, Klimchuk, Poirier, Nieto, Toffoli, Dumba, Gormley, GReinhart, BSmith, Aberg
    Proud owner of entire first round in KPL 2015 prospect draft

Dobber Sports Ace

Couple of things to consider here

1) All this talk about crosby and Malkin thus more scoring opportunities, do guys realize that Pitt scored exactly 7 more goals than Atlanta alst year, not as great as one would think on paper is it?

2) Zach has the size to play in the NHL ie. get a more fair chance than Gols does at his slight size (if his PP game isn\'t going his value dramatically decreases).

3) Zach shoots right and has Hainsey blocking him, hardly a stud, where Gols has Gonchar blocking him, bit of a difference in terms of playing time.

4) Zach is much younger while Gols need to perfrom right now or he might get marginailzed.

I admit with Pitts signing Gols for that 3 year term at decent money, there is a strong arguemnt that he will get decent playing time.

Bottom line is that I think Zach is the safer and better bet for the long term ie 3 plus years from now and a pretty decent bet to outperform Gols as early as this year with the points listed above.

Of course an injury to Gonchar would make Gols value shoot through the roof but we can say that for alot of players can\'t we?
    14 team keeper league (keep 15 plus 3 prospects)
    19 active, 8 bench, 2 prospects less than 40 NHL games. Play h2h with postions 3c, 3lw, 3rw, (3 felx forwards) 5d, 2g

C-E.Stall, Plekanac,Thorton, Turris, Little
    LW_Elias, Heatley (RW), Pacioretty
    RW-Erat
    D-Keith, Yandle, OEL, Giordano
    G- Rinne, Nabakov

(Farm) Beau Bennett, Jaden Schwartz

Follow me on Twitter @HardyintheWack

(draft in process)

Dobber Sports Sage

Hardyvan123 wrote:

1) All this talk about crosby and Malkin thus more scoring opportunities, do guys realize that Pitt scored exactly 7 more goals than Atlanta alst year, not as great as one would think on paper is it?

2) Zach has the size to play in the NHL ie. get a more fair chance than Gols does at his slight size (if his PP game isn\'t going his value dramatically decreases).

3) Zach shoots right and has Hainsey blocking him, hardly a stud, where Gols has Gonchar blocking him, bit of a difference in terms of playing time.

4) Zach is much younger while Gols need to perfrom right now or he might get marginailzed.

I admit with Pitts signing Gols for that 3 year term at decent money, there is a strong arguemnt that he will get decent playing time.

Bottom line is that I think Zach is the safer and better bet for the long term ie 3 plus years from now and a pretty decent bet to outperform Gols as early as this year with the points listed above.

Of course an injury to Gonchar would make Gols value shoot through the roof but we can say that for alot of players can\'t we?
    Absolutely right that Zach is the safe pick here. He will see more PP time than Gogo (most likely). He will have more opportunity to step up as the number 1 man in Atlanta. Gogo doesn\'t have a shot at doing that in Pittsburgh. If you\'re a gambling man, then take Gogo. Gogo plays for the best offensive team in the league. They may not be there quite yet, but they will be. Gogo is nothing but offense. Bogosian is everything. Bogo will be counted on to be a top 2 guy in Atlanta whilst running the PP (or maybe Hainsey or Enstrom will). Bogosian is the safe pick as he will be playing in every situation and will see points because of this. Gogo is behind two dynamic offensive dmen who will both post pretty points. Then again Gogo could replace Letang as the number 2 offensive dman in Pitts if Letang slides at all. I think you take Bogo if you like the safe pick. If you like the guy who could blow you out of the water and rack up huge points playing a large role for the best offense in the league, then take Gogo. High risk, high reward. Although to me the worst you get is a 55 point dman in Gogo. We know the offensive skill is there and the opportunity is there. Gogo would have to do a lot wrong to not be a top 5 point producing dman at some point in his career. If Ilya doesn\'t stay in Atlanta (odds anyone) Bogosian will be hard pressed to be a 45 point dman on a bad Atlanta team.

Go Gogo.
    10tm Dynasty Lg - $96M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C: Barkov, Eichel, McDavid
    RW: P. Kane, Okposo
    LW: E. Kane, Couture
    D: Subban, Byfuglien, Faulk, Vatanen, Morgan Reilly
    G: Schneider, Gibson/Andersen
    UTIL: Kuznetsov, Kadri, Little, Stone

Farm
    D: J. Schultz, Sekera, Hanifin, Hamonic
    F: Spooner, Silfverberg, Konecny, Roussell
    G: F. Andersen/Gibson, Mason, Ward, Anderson

Prospect:
    F - D Strome, Burakovsky, Raantanen, Bjorkstrand
    D - Ryan Murphy

Dobber Sports Sage

ridinryan44 wrote:
    Hardyvan123 wrote:

Absolutely right that Zach is the safe pick here. He will see more PP time than Gogo (most likely). He will have more opportunity to step up as the number 1 man in Atlanta. Gogo doesn\'t have a shot at doing that in Pittsburgh. If you\'re a gambling man, then take Gogo. Gogo plays for the best offensive team in the league. They may not be there quite yet, but they will be. Gogo is nothing but offense. Bogosian is everything. Bogo will be counted on to be a top 2 guy in Atlanta whilst running the PP (or maybe Hainsey or Enstrom will). Bogosian is the safe pick as he will be playing in every situation and will see points because of this. Gogo is behind two dynamic offensive dmen who will both post pretty points. Then again Gogo could replace Letang as the number 2 offensive dman in Pitts if Letang slides at all. I think you take Bogo if you like the safe pick. If you like the guy who could blow you out of the water and rack up huge points playing a large role for the best offense in the league, then take Gogo. High risk, high reward. Although to me the worst you get is a 55 point dman in Gogo. We know the offensive skill is there and the opportunity is there. Gogo would have to do a lot wrong to not be a top 5 point producing dman at some point in his career. If Ilya doesn\'t stay in Atlanta (odds anyone) Bogosian will be hard pressed to be a 45 point dman on a bad Atlanta team.

Go Gogo.
    ****. No more posting after the 8th beer. Christ almighty.
    10tm Dynasty Lg - $96M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C: Barkov, Eichel, McDavid
    RW: P. Kane, Okposo
    LW: E. Kane, Couture
    D: Subban, Byfuglien, Faulk, Vatanen, Morgan Reilly
    G: Schneider, Gibson/Andersen
    UTIL: Kuznetsov, Kadri, Little, Stone

Farm
    D: J. Schultz, Sekera, Hanifin, Hamonic
    F: Spooner, Silfverberg, Konecny, Roussell
    G: F. Andersen/Gibson, Mason, Ward, Anderson