Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Western Conference: (2) Detroit vs. (8) Anaheim

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Western Conference: (2) Detroit vs. (8) Anaheim

sentium wrote:
    It was a head shot. That\'s all the information that\'s relevant in this case. Whether or not Hudler was ready for it doesn\'t matter. Head shots are suspension worthy, end of story.
    Not always according to the NHL.( see camalleri & Eagar )
    And damned if I can figure out when or when it\'s not a suspensionable offense??? Maybe they borrow Maggie the monkey from TSN and spin the wheel of fate?
    GO BRUINS

20 team Keeper - Protect 10
    Dress weekly 8 Fwds 4 D-men 1 Goalie
    Fwds 1pt - gl 1pt - asst
    Dmen 2pt - gl 1pt - asst FWDS & D-Men 1pt PPG / SHG / OTG
    Goalies 3pts-win 2pts-shutout

Dobber Sports Sage

I think Hudler was bent over a little. Either way, it was a cheap hit. Brown was trying to knock him out.

Banned

Scott wrote:
    Don\'t blog that often, but a Wing Nut all the way if you didn\'t figure that one out. And may be a newbie to blogging, but been a fantasy nut for about 8 years. No expert, but just enjoy the game. Agree, it will not be easy, but still think the Wings will pull it out. 4 games in the first round, 5 games in the second.
    yep definitely figured that out (the Wing Nut part ...I thought maybe you were posting under a alias but in any event welcome! I don\'t think either team was playing at the top of their game but they definitely don\'t like each other, not even a little bit, this is going to be a nasty series I can already tell

Dobber Sports Ninja

playmaker26 wrote:
    I think Hudler was bent over a little. Either way, it was a cheap hit. Brown was trying to knock him out.
    Meh, trying to knock a guy out with a shoulder check isn\'t cheap. I\'m torn a little on this one. Brown\'s job is to hit everything that moves in Red. Hudler was bent over a bit and didn\'t see Brown coming. I clearly saw Brown\'s shoulder make contact (not an elbow or stick) with Hudler.

The blood may have been from the visor, or so I heard from one of the announcers.

Like I said earlier, I think Brown gets a one game suspension due to the effect of the hit and the fact he is a nobody.:blink:
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Star

Brown has 3\" on Hudler, the fact that his head is down makes it impossible for Brown to hit him without catching some of his head.

This shouldn\'t get a game suspension even if it gets that, although since there was blood on the ice there will be a one gamer. If Hudler would have bounced back up like Eager did we\'d be talking about a 2 minute minor, not 5 and a game.

I\'m tired of how the result of the action is what defines how long a player may or may not be suspended. Heck Havlat got punched in the head, if that\'s not a clear head shot than I don\'t know what is, and Cammaleri didn\'t even get a penalty, or maybe it was just a 2 minute minor, and that was about as premeditated as it gets.

In the end Hudler has to shoulder some of the blame for this as well. He\'s been playing North American hockey for 5 seasons now, and is finishing his 3rd full season in the NHL. You should know that the NHL isn\'t a league that you can hotdog around watching your passes all the time... especially in the playoffs were the intensity is increased and guys are just flying out there. This is the NHL not the Czech elite league.
    [color=#008000]24 Team / 3 Tier Roto League
    G|A|+/-|PIM|PPP|SOG|Hits|BS
    W|GAA|SV

Tier 1
    C: Tavares, Duchene, JStaal, Marner, Grigorenko, Dubois, Barzal
    LW: Landeskog, Teravainen, Pearson, Wilson, Pulkkinen, Bittner
    RW: PKane, Gaborik, Virtanen, Rantanen, Stewart, Sprong, Chiasson, Vey
    D: OEL, Barrie, Bogosian, Larsson, McNabb, Oduya, Bigras
    G: Bobrovsky, Korpisalo, Hutton, Hellberg

Dobber Sports Apprentice

mapletreemarty wrote:
    Brown has 3\" on Hudler, the fact that his head is down makes it impossible for Brown to hit him without catching some of his head.

This shouldn\'t get a game suspension even if it gets that, although since there was blood on the ice there will be a one gamer. If Hudler would have bounced back up like Eager did we\'d be talking about a 2 minute minor, not 5 and a game.

I\'m tired of how the result of the action is what defines how long a player may or may not be suspended. Heck Havlat got punched in the head, if that\'s not a clear head shot than I don\'t know what is, and Cammaleri didn\'t even get a penalty, or maybe it was just a 2 minute minor, and that was about as premeditated as it gets.

In the end Hudler has to shoulder some of the blame for this as well. He\'s been playing North American hockey for 5 seasons now, and is finishing his 3rd full season in the NHL. You should know that the NHL isn\'t a league that you can hotdog around watching your passes all the time... especially in the playoffs were the intensity is increased and guys are just flying out there. This is the NHL not the Czech elite league.
    +1 to you good sir. That hit didn\'t come off dirty to me at all. And the fact that he got bloody......boo hoo.
    MFHL

F: Kovy, Stamkos, DSedin,PKane, Hemsky, Vanek, Gagner, Bergeron, Little, Gagne, Frolik, Backes
    D: Gonchar, JBo, Jovo, Yandle, Martin, Pronger
    G: Lundy, Turco
    B: Lupul, Kunitz, Filatov, Hornqvist, Moss, Coburn,Kulikov, Lee, Sekera, Price, Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Scott wrote:
    \"Move ahead to this series, and there is no reason to believe that Anaheim will have those difficulties mustering up an attack. Wings are deeper on offense, but I like Anaheims top line better. Second lines are a push.\"

Call the second lines a push? What are you smoking! I would take any 2 of Datsyuk, Hossa, Zetterberg or Franzen plus any other player over any second line the Ducks can muster. Because 2 are on the first line and the other two would be on the second line. I almost would take any 2 of Hudler, Samuelsson, Cleary, or Holmstrom (wings third liners) over anything the Ducks can throw out on their second line.

And I like any 2 of the top four over Perry and Getzlaf. Getlaf is a star, but I still think he is a hair below Datsyuk, Zetterburg or Hossa.

First comment I\'ll respond too....What am I smoking? Marijuana. And me personally, I wouldn\'t take any Wing over any Duck b/c I am a bonafide Red Wing Hater. I grew up in the suburbs of Detroit, as a Patrick Roy fan. So I rooted for les Habitants, and then I switched to the Avs. When Roy retired, I began to root for whoever played the Wings. Now I root for Luongo and Sid. That easy.

Second comment. I don\'t care if you\'re a Wings lover OR hater, but IMO, the only Wing I\'d take over him is Datsyuk. Just an opinion. Cheers.
    MFHL

F: Kovy, Stamkos, DSedin,PKane, Hemsky, Vanek, Gagner, Bergeron, Little, Gagne, Frolik, Backes
    B: Lupul, Kunitz, Filatov, Hornqvist, Moss, Coburn,Kulikov, Lee, Sekera, Price, Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Stud

and verdict is in.. no suspension! i can\'t believe everyone\'s crying bloody murder over this hit. the hit was in the same second as when he passed the puck (meaning it wasn\'t a late hit) and he used his shoulder not his elbow. if you play hockey at all you know to keep your head up at all times. Hockey is a physical sport, just because hudler forgot that and got absolutely rocked doesn\'t mean there should\'ve been a suspension.

\"the blood may have been from his visor\"
    bingo.
    The Ultimate Fantasy Hockey League. (Keep 17)
    3C 3LW 3RW 6D 2G 6BE.
    G,A,+-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG,FW,HIT; GS,W,L,GAA,SA,SV, SV%,SO
    (C) Kopitar, Kuznetsov, O'Reilly, Karlsson, Roslovic, Zacha
    (LW) Ovechkin, Forseberg, Bertuzzi(RW),
    (RW) Rantanen, Bratt(LW), Radulov
    (D) Josi, Burns, Pietrangelo, Karlsson, Heiskanen, Dunn, Boqvist
    (G) Gibson, Quick, Hart, Petersen
    (IR) Domi

10 Person Farm: (<200GP for F, <100GP for G)
    (C) Zegras(LW), Bourque
    (LW) Kaliyev(RW)
    (RW) Glass(C), Raymond(LW)
    (D) Power
    (G) Ingram, Knight, Levi, Primeau

Dobber Sports Sage

NHL says no suspension.

This call is right. I feel for Hudler, but I\'ve been hit like this a couple times in my career. I can think of hundreds of NHL instances where people got hit like this. It\'s just part of the game. You really have to have your head on a swivel if you are an NHL athlete. If you\'ve made it this far, you should know not to keep your head down or someone like Mike Brown will remind you.
    @tlucarelli on twitter

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

The Wings retaliate \&quot;under the radar\&quot; first chance they get:

http://blog.mlive.com/snapshots/2009...s_red_win.html
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Sage

jeffl97 wrote:
    and verdict is in.. no suspension! i can\'t believe everyone\'s crying bloody murder over this hit. the hit was in the same second as when he passed the puck (meaning it wasn\'t a late hit) and he used his shoulder not his elbow. if you play hockey at all you know to keep your head up at all times. Hockey is a physical sport, just because hudler forgot that and got absolutely rocked doesn\'t mean there should\'ve been a suspension.

\&quot;the blood may have been from his visor\&quot;
    bingo.
    I don\'t know how you can say it wasn\'t late. I don\'t think it was extremely late but it was still questionable in my opinion.

I don\'t think it warranted a suspension but it was borderline.

Dobber Sports Stud

playmaker26 wrote:
    jeffl97 wrote:

\&quot;the blood may have been from his visor\&quot;
    bingo.
    I don\'t know how you can say it wasn\'t late. I don\'t think it was extremely late but it was still questionable in my opinion.

I don\'t think it warranted a suspension but it was borderline.
    it looks borderline if you watch it in slow-motion but in real time speed not even a second goes by. that\'s why i don\'t consider it a late hit. the only reason people think its a dirty hit is because hudler gets cut afterwards. if you move that play to the boards instead of open ice it looks just like a regular hit with a guy who has his head down.

here\'s some good examples of the same type of hit:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVIn2O7wZEE oh gee is that hudler again??
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6LNIBkU1wU

neither of those are dirty/late in fact the hudler one is almost identical... gets hit while looking the other way same thing brown did.
    The Ultimate Fantasy Hockey League. (Keep 17)
    3C 3LW 3RW 6D 2G 6BE.
    G,A,+-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG,FW,HIT; GS,W,L,GAA,SA,SV, SV%,SO
    (C) Kopitar, Kuznetsov, O'Reilly, Karlsson, Roslovic, Zacha
    (LW) Ovechkin, Forseberg, Bertuzzi(RW),
    (RW) Rantanen, Bratt(LW), Radulov
    (D) Josi, Burns, Pietrangelo, Karlsson, Heiskanen, Dunn, Boqvist
    (G) Gibson, Quick, Hart, Petersen
    (IR) Domi

10 Person Farm: (<200GP for F, <100GP for G)
    (C) Zegras(LW), Bourque
    (LW) Kaliyev(RW)
    (RW) Glass(C), Raymond(LW)
    (D) Power
    (G) Ingram, Knight, Levi, Primeau

Dobber Sports Sage

Detroit wins Game 2 by the score of 4-2.

Dobber Sports Sage

What hands by Getzlaf. Impressive.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Ugggglllllyyyyyyyyy goal that Hiller lets in to tie the game at 2. Hiller\'s not making the saves to keep the lead like he did against SJ.
    MFHL