Thread: Datsyuk for Alfie, Fanzen, M.Koivu, Schnieder +++

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Datsyuk for Alfie, Fanzen, M.Koivu, Schnieder +++

Hello all, trade deadline is coming and I have too many keepers so I want to upgrade Koivu for Datsyuk.

I am offering

M.Koivu
    Franzen
    Alfredsson
    Schneider
    \'09 1st round pick

for

Datsyuk
    \'09 2nd round pick

What do you guys/gals think? Am I giving too much? Datsyuk is a difficult guy to let go so I have to give a lot to get him.

My team is below Thanks for commenting

Dobber Sports Prodigy

If I were you, I would not be interested in downgrading a pick in this deal. I think the players alone are sufficient compensation and, if anything, you should be the one to receive a pick upgrade

Dobber Sports Star

Big question: Is this trade going to leave you too thin in other positions and make it difficult for you to compete this year? I understand why you\'re doing this, but if it makes you less competative this year I would proceed with caution.

In particular, you don\'t want to leave your defense too thin, to protect yourself in the event of an injury.

I\'m also not crazy about your giving up your 1st round pick.

Could you do this trade without Schneider and the draft picks being exchanged?
    10 Team H2H Points-based Keeper League

G, A, PIM, SOG, +/-
    W, SO, SV, GA

C: H. Sedin, Stamkos, Backstrom, Duchene, Granlund
    LW: D. Sedin, Landeskog, B. Schenn, Tatar, Boedker
    RW: P. Kane, Voracek, Hudler, Silfverberg, Toffoli
    D: Ehrhoff, Edler, Franson, Del Zotto, Myers, R. Ellis, Hamonic
    G: Quick, Bishop, Holtby, Peters, M. Jones

Farm: Terevainen, Nurse, Raanta

League Champion: 2009, 2011, 2013 and 2014

12 Team Roto Dynasty League Champion: 2011 and 2013

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Yup i can do it without the picks and no Schneider, I just wanted to add them because this guy is really attached to Datsyuk because he is his best player. To lose a D man I picked up off waivers and 5 -6 pick positions is ok with me.

there are ample D men available on waivers, montador, kuba, camploi, for RW there is erat, sullivan and a couple others and he will drop a couple ok guys in the deal. Guerin, JP dumont etc... I actually just received Alfie in a deal so I\'m not to attached to him. And I picked Schneider off waivers when he got traded last week.

If I kept Alfie and Franzen I would have to drop them onto waivers and only gain their points for 20 games or so.

I am in 2nd now 4 points behind first. Keeping alfie and franzen could put me me in firt by the end of the season but I think this being the first year it would be best to get keepers organized I\'ll finish in the money for sure.

Regarding the pick its not a big deal because I\'ll lose 5 positions or so and I acquired first pick overall in a previous trade.

Alfie, Franzen, Schneider have not contributed much to my team yet. Loosing them will not affect my climb to the top.

I was lucky to have a guy ship me Markov and Alfie for IR Vanek.

So If I make this work, essentially I gave Vanek, Koivu and Franzen for Datsyuk and Markov

keep the comments coming thanks