Thread: Miller out, Giggy or Huet

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Miller out, Giggy or Huet

Im currently in 3rd place in my league, about 30 points out of 1st. Miller going down right now isn`t really great timing for me. Ive asked a couple other GM`s about their Giguere or Huet. Both have said they would want Cam Barker in return. Is this at least an ok deal for me, or should i try something else. My team is in sig below.

Thanks
    12 team keeper, 8 keepers, Points only(1 point G/A, 2W+3SO)
    $65M salary cap 12F 6D 2G active roster

Administrator

I guess it depends if you plan on keeping Barker beyond this season. If no, then a quick fix for the goaltending is not a bad thing at all, especially this late in the season. My preference would be Giguere over Huet.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Initiate

Right now Barker is on the bubble if he is a keeper or not. Its between him and Gilbert. It depends on how much he signs for and where.

Why do you say Giggy over Huet. I was kind of leaning the other way, taking into account that Chicago has a good team and that Huet should be there for a couple years presumably as the starter. As you can see my short term goaltending is a little weak.

My concern with Giguere is that in Anaheim loses the next few games they may start dumping players at the deadline leaving their goalies out to dry.

Would offering Gilbert instead of Barker be as attractive, and any projections as to what Barker may sign for.
    12 team keeper, 8 keepers, Points only(1 point G/A, 2W+3SO)
    $65M salary cap 12F 6D 2G active roster

Administrator

Well I\'d say Giggy for a couple reasons. First, Barker was a bubble keeper, so any goalie you brought in would be a bubble keeper too right? Giggy\'s a pretty good keeper option I\'d say, outside of this season he\'s been VERY good. If he gets dealt to someone like Washington or Detroit, even better.

Next, I think Huet is a bum and long-term will have ups and downs much like his teammate Khabibulin. He can easily win or lose a game for a team. I\'m a Habs fan and I\'ve seen both extremes from him.

I just think Giguere is more stable.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust