Thread: need advice quick

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default need advice quick

Which side would you rather be on in a long term keeper, points only, no resrictions on positions?

Stamkos
    Filitov
    Seabrook

FOR

Kopitar
    M. Koivu
    1st round pick (2nd overall)

Dobber Sports Expert

I prefer Kopitar, Koivu and 1st pick.

1. I believe Kopitar to be the best of all players mentioned. When he comes into his own, I expect Jagr-type numbers.

2. Kopitar\'s development is furthest along.

3. 2nd overall pick should be close to or equal to either Filatov or Stamkos, and should develop at around the same pace.

4. Mikko Koivu may have the lowest upside of all players mentioned (except Seabrook), but should be consistent at 75 - 85 points, depending on the season.

5. From a points only perspective, Seabrook ain\'t worth much.
    13 team Keeper, top 8F, 4D and 2G count. 1pt G/A, 2pt W/SO.
    Protect up to 500 points in a full season
    (K) denotes keeper

Keepers:

F: Draisaitl, Thompson, Thomas, Zuccarello, Konecny, Marchessault Ehlers, O'Reilly, Tarasenko, Perron, Coronato, Seguin, Atkinson, Rossi, Michkov
    D: Q Fox, Sergachev, Dobson, York, Hutson
    G: Vasilevsky, Jarry, Levi

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Jagr-like numbers? Don\'t get me wrong I own the guy myself but I think you might be getting a little carried away.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Stamkos Filatov side has more potential upside, but it is very long term upside... unless I was in a complete rebuild I\'d have to stick with the Kopitar Koivu side. Also if positions don\'t matter than Seabrook is a wasted roster spot? most forwards will outproduce him...
    "I mean technically, I could say that every defender's upside is 80 points and never 'lose my house.'"
    - lanky 522

Dobber Sports Initiate

I meant positions by lw/rw/c status. We count 12 forwards and 6 defenceman in the points totals

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Kopitar couldn\'t hold a candle to Jagr\'s ass

Administrator

In terms of overall value the kopitar side is the better one. You get a stud in kopitar, a solid producer in koivu and a shot at grabbing a good young player. It is most certainly the most established side of the deal.

Still I can\'t help but like the filatov/stamkos side. Filatov has the biggest upside of all players in this deal. while kopitar isn\'t far behind, neither is stamkos. still the chance at getting two potential hundred point guys in stamkos/filatov is very tempting. seabrook is a serviceable young dman whos game i happen to really like but realistically his fantasy point production caps out under 40.

To me it\'s too tempting to go after the young talent in stamkos/filatov. thats two potential superstars that are worth taking a chance on.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg