Thread: The ENIGMA

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default The ENIGMA

So, I was wondering how you all felt about Viktor Kozlov for this year. Being on Washington seems to be a great opportunity! What line do you think he will fit with best? I would think with his possible linemates, he will be much closer to 70 than 20 pts. But who know? He is all over the place in production and staying on the ice.

I took a shot on him with my last pick in my keeper but what do you think of him just for this year? Appreciate any opinions!
    08-09 (Before Ownership): DHL Stars
    Fisher, Fehr, Hagman, Stoll, Dubinsky, Zubrus, Brule, Boyd, Stempniak, Bergeron, HIggins, Nylander, Langkow, Bourque, Burrows, Pyatt, Crombeen, Hunwick Ohlund, Salo, Bergeron, Thomas, Quick, Ersberg, LaBarbera, Raycroft

12-13 (Present): DHL Capitals
    Heatley, Semin, Vanek, Roy, Ribeiro, Kessel, Couture, Turris, Kopitar, Marleau, Hossa, Pominville, Conacher, Nyquist, Silfverberg, Rajala, Arcobello, Karlsson, Green, Enstrom, Wisniewski, Ellis, Elliott, Murphy, Brennan, Benoit, Fleury, Bryzgalov, Elliott, Nabakov, Lehner

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re:The ENIGMA

I\'m curious too.

I asked about him in trade, and the other guy seems to want Boyes (no way), Stafford (maybe) and Pavelski (maybe).

Thoughts on this?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

id consider pavelski... both have value based on linemates and kozlov seems to have the better upside for this year.
    Fisher, Fehr, Hagman, Stoll, Dubinsky, Zubrus, Brule, Boyd, Stempniak, Bergeron, HIggins, Nylander, Langkow, Bourque, Burrows, Pyatt, Crombeen, Hunwick Ohlund, Salo, Bergeron, Thomas, Quick, Ersberg, LaBarbera, Raycroft

Heatley, Semin, Vanek, Roy, Ribeiro, Kessel, Couture, Turris, Kopitar, Marleau, Hossa, Pominville, Conacher, Nyquist, Silfverberg, Rajala, Arcobello, Karlsson, Green, Enstrom, Wisniewski, Ellis, Elliott, Murphy, Brennan, Benoit, Fleury, Bryzgalov, Elliott, Nabakov, Lehner

I...am your father.

I wouldn\'t trade any of those guys for Kozlov. Oh, wait - one year pool? In that case I would move Stafford or Pavelski for him.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Apprentice

yeah 1 year pool is the only time I would trade pavelski for him... but ya never know.

The Thornton lottery is a tricky one!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Geez, I thought the enigma was Zherdev! V.Kozlov should do well as a top six forward on Washington this year. I like his chances.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Kozlov is the elder enigma. Zherdev the apprentice.

AO can make an enigma a star though!

Dobber Sports Rookie

Kozlov, Stafford, Pavelski for me (this year, of course). Kozlov already racked up 70 pts with Bure (pavel of course) ... and Ovechkin has his speed and scoring potential for sure ! The worst scenario is Kozlov end with Semin which is not bad at all (in a weak division with poor, I mean very poor defense) Kozlov will at least repeat his last season performance.

Speaking about Pavelski, my ENIGMA is San Jose ... I don\'t see alot of San Jose game here in the east. Who is the safiest bet for 45-55 pts ? Clowe ? Pavelski ? Bernier ? ... So hard to tell. Even if we get the answer during training camp I\'m still thinking that there is like 80% chance that Wilson will jungle all year long

What would be the consequence of selecting the one who drop on the 3rd line ? ... in fact there is only 33% chance... maybe we should not worry too much, but we all know it makes a difference between 1st and 2nd line.