Thread: Goalie??

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Goalie??

Which goalie should I have on my roster for the rest of the season?

M. Smith
    B. Johnson
    P. Rinne
    C. Mason
    12 Team, CBS H2H league, compete each week in these categories (G, A, +/-, PPP, PIM) (Goalies - 0.2 per save, 3pts SO, 5pts W)

F - Datsyuk, Plekanec, Jagar, Ovechkin, Kadri, Gagner, Van Reimsdyk, M. Koivu
    D - Chara, Spurgeon, Green, Schultz, Kronwall
    G - Rask, Fleury, Bishop

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Goalie??

Pretty tough list.

1) Mike Smith - Tampa - He\'s a starter. He\'s done well with his opportunity.

2) Rinne - Is he really the starter? Dan Ellis died? I\'m not so confident that Ellis is going to be excited to ride his horse into the sunset.

3) B. Johnson - he\'s still backup in Washington as far as I\'m concerned. He\'s done well with the opportunity presented thus far this year.

4) C. Mason - Manny Legace is a professional. He\'ll be hard to fully displace.

Of all the tenders on the list, only Smith has a chance to be a 60 game starter (start 3 of 4). The remainders, if they are successful in their quest for playing time, are more likely to enter goaltender 1a) 1b) scenarios.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Goalie??

In a weekly starts league I would have difficulty making the move from Smith to one of these other guys - Rinne might be a good choice but it isn\'t clear he will grab the starting job as much as there is a lot of hype on this site to that end.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Goalie??

It\'s not a weekly start league. I can change goalie\'s in and out on a daily basis.

I like Smith as well, but he\'s on a crappy team and doesn\'t get much in wins. That\'s why I\'m considering one of the others listed.

Vokoun is also available in my league?
    12 Team, CBS H2H league, compete each week in these categories (G, A, +/-, PPP, PIM) (Goalies - 0.2 per save, 3pts SO, 5pts W)

F - Datsyuk, Plekanec, Jagar, Ovechkin, Kadri, Gagner, Van Reimsdyk, M. Koivu
    D - Chara, Spurgeon, Green, Schultz, Kronwall
    G - Rask, Fleury, Bishop