Thread: Turco v DET/NSH/PHO or Bryzgalov v MIN/DET/DAL?

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Turco v DET/NSH/PHO or Bryzgalov v MIN/DET/DAL?

I\'m starting Steve Mason, since he\'s playing 4 games this week.

Who would you start between Bryzgalov (playing the Wild and the Wings, both at home, and then the Stars on the road, with no back to backers) and Turco (playing the Wings at home and then on the road to play the Predators, back to back, and then the Coyotes later in the week).

I\'m tempted to go with Bryzgalov because, with no back to backers, he may very well play all 3 games. Otherwise, it\'s pretty even, both goalies are not playing all that well but I think Bryzgalov is coming off a decent start (3 goals on 32 shots) against Dallas last night. And both goalies have a similar schedule (each have a tough game against the Wings and each have 2 remaining games against relatively low scoring opposition).

Your thoughts are welcome!

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Turco v DET/NSH/PHO or Bryzgalov v MIN/DET/DAL?

I watched the Stars/Coyotes game last night and to be honest, both goalies looked pretty bad. You can tell they\'re off their game. They overcommit when someone fakes a shot, giving up big rebounds, and seem slow to get across the net. That said, I\'d start Bryz because Phoenix is finally starting to score some goals and Gretz seems determined to help Bryz get his confidence back (4th straight start tonight against Wild, played him the game after he gave up 7 goals, etc). Bryz has still shown flashes of great goaltending whereas Turco still looks washed up at this point.