Thread: Daniel Carcillo (karma for insight)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Daniel Carcillo (karma for insight)

i was just wondering what is up with this guy?
    i just picked him up off waivers cause im in need of pims in my roto league
    He had 24 pts in 57 games to go along with 324 pims. He was the perfect goon, this year he is struggling
    Is this due to Gretzky trying to tighten up the Coyotes?
    He was sent down a couple times last year, was it to try and control his pims?
    any help would be appreciated, im not too sure how to deal with pims in a roto league
    8 team 23 man roster ROTO, 1 year. 3C 3LW 3RW 4D 2Util 2G
    G/A/P/+ -/Pims/PPA/PPG/PPP/SHP/GWG/W/L/GAA/SV%/SHO

(C) Datsyuk, Roy, Toews, Ribeiro
    (LW) Zetterberg, Vanek, Sharp
    (RW) Hossa, Pominville, Kovalev
    (D) Lidstrom, Markov, Chara, Bouwmeester
    (G) Brodeur, Bryzgalov, Ward, Biron
    (IR) Gonchar, Whitney

Dobber Sports Expert

Carcillo\'s a wild card this year due to the fact that Gretzky wants his team to play a much more responsible brand of hockey...staying out of the penalty box. Gretzky doesn\'t mind the occasional penalty or fight provided it\'s at an opportune time that helps boost the energy of his team and/or takes away a prime scoring chance. I don\'t think Carcillo is has a track record of being a good judge of when to take penalties.

With this in mind your best bet may be to target players who do a bit of everything well...as opposed to grabbing a bunch of scorers and a couple of goons. Players like Morrow and Hartnell are good examples of this. Perry in ANA is also.

Barring that kind of a deal, look for fringe players on teams that exhibit a lack of discipline...where the coach isn\'t noted for punishing players for their PIM...some examples may be PHI, ANA, and CGY.

Just some thoughts.
    10 Team [keep 10 + 4 prospects]
    Scoring F=1[g/a]; D=2[g], 1[a]; G=2[w], -1[L], 1[OT], 2[SO] Top 12 F, 6 D, 2 G count

Forwards
    Crosby, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Wheeler, Byfuglien, Hornqvist, Simmonds, Ladd, Zuccarello, Ribeiro, Desharnais, Semin, MacArthur, Moulson, Purcell, Soderberg, Dupuis
    Defense
    Keith, Goligoski, Carlson, Krug, Trouba, Streit, Pouliot, Ceci, Nurse, Martinez
    Goalie
    Fleury/Price/Rask

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I wouldn\'t expect anything near close to 300+ this year for his PIM, but I still think he\'ll get up near 200 this year. They brought in McGratton this year to add some toughness to the line up and presumably to fight a few of the fights Carcillo normally would of last year. He has pretty good offensive upside so I think the idea was to try to get that increased at the expense of him taking less penalties.So far this year he has been horrible, and has even been a healthy scratch a few times in an effort to get him going. I still see him putting up a good amount of points while helping out with PIM\'s though.