Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dynasty League Suggestions

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Dynasty League Suggestions

New thread to capture rules/administration ideas.

I have two:

1 - lets ditch the dummy teams. Since they can\'t be used to block ALL players taken in other tiers, I don\'t know if they serve any value...is there something I am not considering?

2 - I would like to keep the 82 game limit for goalies, but add a second active spot. That way I could dress two goalies every day. This would help people who don\'t have the time or wherewithall to figure out when their goalies are starting and juggle their lineup accordingly.

I am sure there will be more as the season progresses
    Points Only Dynasty League - count top 6 F, top 4 D and top G

F: Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, Bergeron, R Smith, W Karlsson, Atkinson, Zuccarello, Radulov, Lee, Steel, Milano, Farabee, Batherson, Sprong, Heponiemi

D: Burns, Letang, Carlson ,Yandle, Green, M Matheson, Niko

G: Markstrom, Rinne, Samsonov

Dobber Sports Ace

Well I don\'t think the dummy teams really do any harm, haha and plus they will make my yahoo profile look better even if I come in last because I still came 10/20. But for next season it would probably save alot of work.
    12 team roto with 6 keepers, G A P +/- PIM PPP SOG, W SV% SHO
    C-Crosby Spezza Connolly
    L-Smyth Rolston Malone Sullivan
    R-Hemsky Ryan Ryder Backes Fleischmann Cleary
    D-Phaneuf Rafalski Whitney Pitkanen
    G-Lundqvist Bryzgalov Theodore Rinne

Dobber Sports Guru

for me, the goalie puzzle is part of the fun.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I\'m against the goalie rule you propose.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Noriculous wrote:
    I\'m not sure I understand the proposal. A second active spot for goalies? How would that work? I like the 82 gp for the goalie position.:huh:
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Stud

The Comish wrote:
    Noriculous wrote:
    I\'m not sure I understand the proposal. A second active spot for goalies? How would that work? I like the 82 gp for the goalie position.:huh:
    maybe he means 2 spots but only 41 games per pos so it is still 82 max

but im not a fan of this idea, i like the goalie guessing game

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Chinny wrote:
    The Comish wrote:
    Noriculous wrote:
    maybe he means 2 spots but only 41 games per pos so it is still 82 max

but im not a fan of this idea, i like the goalie guessing game
    The way I understand it, is that he could dress two goalies at the same time.

So lets say it was my team, I could dress Danis and MacDonald at the same time. And it would only count as 1 game of the 82 because one of them did not play. This rule would take away value to starting goalies.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I do not want to change the GP limit - leave it at 82 definitely, but it allows an owner to be a little less diligent with managing his roster...if I have Osgood and Conklin I can put them both in my active lineup and leave it for the season. Not sure how this takes value away from starters?

It would just be nice to not have to rush home after work and check on the starting goalies for that night. I agree it is a fun part of the puzzle but life seems to get busier every day... this would be a simplification, no?

F: Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, Bergeron, R Smith, W Karlsson, Atkinson, Zuccarello, Radulov, Lee, Steel, Milano, Farabee, Batherson, Sprong, Heponiemi

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Anonymous wrote:
    Well I don\'t think the dummy teams really do any harm, haha and plus they will make my yahoo profile look better even if I come in last because I still came 10/20. But for next season it would probably save alot of work.
    agreed they don\'t do any harm, but next year there is no real value in having them...if anything, they can screw up the rankings in +/- and make the online standings inaccurate, oh yeah, AND they save the Commish a ton of workB)

Dobber Sports Stud

pensfan wrote:
    I do not want to change the GP limit - leave it at 82 definitely, but it allows an owner to be a little less diligent with managing his roster...if I have Osgood and Conklin I can put them both in my active lineup and leave it for the season. Not sure how this takes value away from starters?

It would just be nice to not have to rush home after work and check on the starting goalies for that night. I agree it is a fun part of the puzzle but life seems to get busier every day... this would be a simplification, no?
    Fantasy hockey isn\'t simple

A part of fantasy hockey is watching a guy on your bench put up huge numbers, it will happen to us all!

The Magnificent One

so reading this post i have to say i didnt know we had a limit on 82 games a season for goalies? are there other limitations. is this set in our league only or is this all leagues?

so if i have 2 goalies, budaj and price. if i get say 60 games out of price and 40 out of budaj for the season how does that work for my totals? do the last 18 games just not count for my goalie stats? also do other positions have a limit?

and as for adding a second position it will hurt teams that dont have a goalie or 2 for that matter.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Ace

I wish that your rule was in place last night. I started Boucher instead of Biron and of course....Biron has a 35 save win with a great sv % and Boucher didn\'t do so good.

But, that is a part of fantasy hockey. Also, we all knew the ramifications and importance of goalies with the one goalie requirement.

So, you can mark me down as against this proposal.
    Comish Dynasty - 3 Tiers - 24 GMs (G A +/- PIM STP SOG HITS BLK W SV GAA / 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G) - $1130 SALARY CAP - Tier 1

C - Point $111, Horvat $67, Athanasiou $27 (C/LW), Mittelstadt $5, Lafferty $5 (C,LW,RW), Kupari $5, Coyle $40 (C/RW), Saarela $5
    LW - E.Kane $130, Bertuzzi $11 (LW/RW), Matt Martin $27, B.Lemieux $5, Haula (C/LW) $5, Motte $5,
    RW - Tarasenko $117, Keller $28 (RW/LW), Niederreiter $65 (LW/RW) , Tatar $57 (LW/RW), Kyrou $5 (C/LW), B.Ritchie
    D - Werenski $62, Pulock $57, R.Ellis $65, Ceci $36, T.Myers $59, T.DeAngelo $9, Bear $5, Witkowski, $5, Byram $5, Boqvist $5, T.Smith $5, Capobianco $5
    G - Grubauer $42, Rittich $27, Sorokin $5,

Dobber Sports Giant

newper114 wrote:
    so reading this post i have to say i didnt know we had a limit on 82 games a season for goalies? are there other limitations. is this set in our league only or is this all leagues?

so if i have 2 goalies, budaj and price. if i get say 60 games out of price and 40 out of budaj for the season how does that work for my totals? do the last 18 games just not count for my goalie stats? also do other positions have a limit?

and as for adding a second position it will hurt teams that dont have a goalie or 2 for that matter.
    It\'s clearly stated in the rules that we have a maximum of 82 game per position. I would suggest you to read them all over again.

I\'m also against the \"goalie\" proposal.

The Magnificent One

wait sorry good that i learn this now.. per position or per slot? so like we play 3 centers a night does that mean we have 82 for the season or 82x3? sorry new to all this.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Padawan

\'Tis 82 games per slot.

You can see at the bottom in Yahoo, it keeps track of your total games played and the pace you are on for each position.

It shows the totals for each postion, not each positional slot.

...if I might add, we are currently dating, and she is quite a handful in the bedroom...