Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Breaking News- Honzek is a fantastic dman!!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Breaking News- Honzek is a fantastic dman!!

That moment when you're prospect "guru" doesn't just list Samuel Honzek as a defenseman but goes on to wax philosophically about how great he is "great offensively and a very reliable defenseman as well..."- lmfao!!

Tell me you're making shit up off the top of your head without actually saying it... oh wait... you just did

This site man- what even happened???

https://dobberprospects.com/2024/04/...algary-flames/
    Weekly changes- protect 6-12 each year determined randomly- and the rest stay on board so.its like a pseudo dynasty. 2c, 3w, 1ff, 4d, 2g

The scoring is skaters: g4, a2, sog 1, pim 0.25, st+1, and +/- 1 for forwards and +/-3 for defense.
    Goalies: W6, L-2,sv0.3, SO 3 and player scoring for G and A.

Rebuilding
    C- Hughes, Carlsson
    W- Laf, Slaf, Michkov, Buchy
    D- Weresnki, L Hughes, Clarke, Xhekaj
    G- Swayman, Wolf
    B- Wright, Sharnagovich, Tolvanen, Mangiapane, Schmid, Other Junk
    Farm- Michkov, Holtz, Stankoven, N Robertson, Cristall[, Cossa

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Breaking News- Honzek is a fantastic dman!!

You've been here since January?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Ya that's pretty bad to mention the Flames 1st round pick last yr who is supposed to be a power LW as a defensman. And then to also not really mention that he missed a few months with an injury, then dipped production post WJC.

It seems like a mix up between Honzek and Poirier
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

The Seeker

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    You've been here since January?
    We all know this guy Axe. He’s been here and been a problem for a very long time. But the last time I called him out I got my hand slapped for some reason.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    We all know this guy Axe. He’s been here and been a problem for a very long time. But the last time I called him out I got my hand slapped for some reason.
    I hope whoever slapped your hand now realizes how wrong they were...
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Apprentice

To be fair I read that in the article too and thought what the heck is going on. But those dobber boys had 32 team write ups to do. A mistake here and there doesn’t need to be emu-nized….ohhh see what I did there?

Ohh ohh ohh that’s a good one DangerCat!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Prodigy

About Wolf " sure the numbers aren't there"- hes been the best goalie in every league hes ever played in outside the NHL where he had a smattering of games on a brutal rebuilding Flames team His numbers are borderline generational. Can you really call your self a prospect expert if ypure only commentary on one of the most exciting prospects in hockey is a cursory glance at his NHL numbers?? Oh I better shut up though- we all know what happens when you question the big dogs around here- not a great environment for discussion.

If you're going to ban people for challenging your writers here- maybe vet your writers better?
    Weekly changes- protect 6-12 each year determined randomly- and the rest stay on board so.its like a pseudo dynasty. 2c, 3w, 1ff, 4d, 2g

The scoring is skaters: g4, a2, sog 1, pim 0.25, st+1, and +/- 1 for forwards and +/-3 for defense.

Rebuilding
    C- Hughes, Carlsson
    G- Swayman, Wolf

Administrator

There is a full staff listing at DobberProspects with social media info for many of them. Did you try reaching out to the writer or one of the senior staff?

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Star

For no reason, I was thinking of this Theodore Roosevelt quote

“It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself in a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat.”

—Theodore Roosevelt
    Speech at the Sorbonne, Paris, April 23, 1910

Dobber Sports Prodigy

A better pun would have been "doesn't deserve such an emu-tional response"

And sure thats fair... as long as you're allowed to question those mistakes when they happen- and again thats sort of the whole point of my post. If you want to pretend your writers are beyond reproach you should at the bare minimum be vetting them. This is not an attack on whoever wrote that piece- im sure they're passionate and sincere but I challenge anyone here to tell me you couldn't write that with ZERO knowledge of the Flames, prospects or even hockey. Give me a football team and three hours with Google and I could wrote a piece with equivalent value about a sport where I barely understand how the rules work.... Again no offense to the guy who wrote it. This is amanagement issue. If that came accross my desk I'd at least check that he got the fruckin positions right and the reality is that my feedback would be to say kindly that hes probably just not ready yet- appreciate the effort but the depth of analysis is just not where it needs to be.Give him two three year more years immersed in this hobby and he could be fantastic!

That being said this piece is lower than Bush league and if you're defending it you're showing your true colors. The site used to be about content and the value of said content. Now the forum has become a place to prop a narrative about players that you guys are all invested in already. Said another way- it has no value anymore for anyone looking to discern informatuon/trends/opinions outside the scope of what the writers are saying.

If you decide in emu and ban me- im good with it- the forums here lost their value a long time ago. I guess pointing out that the sites quality is slipping would be a bannable offense too- lmao- not sure why that would be shocking.

Rebuilding
    C- Hughes, Carlsson
    G- Swayman, Wolf

Administrator

DobberProspects staff page: https://dobberprospects.com/about-our-fantasy-scouts/

Contact someone there

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by senryu View Post
    For no reason, I was thinking of this Theodore Roosevelt quote

“It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself in a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat.”

—Theodore Roosevelt
    Speech at the Sorbonne, Paris, April 23, 1910
    I actually love that quote- but are you really suggesting it fits here? I have nothing against the writer- my issue is a management team looked at this whole piece and decided it met their standards. A piece where a first rounder is not only mislabeled positional but where they went on to describe how masterful he is at that position... again the position he doesn't play... and it meant their standards.

Again I'm a passionate fan myself and love to see that same passion drive others to wrote- but how do you look at all of that- the Hinzek stuff, the Wolf stuff- and say " Yep- thats the dobber certified quality were looking for"

Further to the point how do you read this criticism and then turn it into a witch hunt? Why bother acknowledging the mistake , owning it and moving forward when you can pin it on the ghost of an emu. I get that it more fun an it can feel empowering winging around the ban hammer but i cant imagine it a great model for sustainability. Lol- its literally a comedy at this point...

Rebuilding
    C- Hughes, Carlsson
    G- Swayman, Wolf

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    DobberProspects staff page: https://dobberprospects.com/about-our-fantasy-scouts/

Contact someone there
    I appreciate the link- but my posting it here was not an accident- you reap what you sow- tc fellas...

Rebuilding
    C- Hughes, Carlsson
    G- Swayman, Wolf