Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: WHL Looking for One New Manager

Dobber Sports Titan

Default WHL Looking for One New Manager

The WHL is entering year #10.
    This is a league of really experienced, solid guys from here on the Dobber forums.
    In fact, we only consider new GMs if they have a good reputation here and over 100 posts (preferably over 1000 posts).

Here is a list of last year's standings, with Dobber members in parentheses:

Vancouver Voodoo (GoNucks)
    Royal-City-Leafs (Havanablast21)
    District-5 Ducks (evans334)
    Lake Valley Thunder (First Round Pick)
    Kootenay ICE (Hawkdog)
    Amsterdam Red Lights (rataylor22)
    Kings County Condors (Bobby4Ev)
    Sherbrooke Phoenix (Dr.Brad)

Toronto Fighting Turtles (Kofax)
    Victoria Dead Hookers (Loch)
    Maine Moose (GinFizz)
    Valley Wildcats (Axeman33)

Windsor Spitfires (Pengwin7)
    Glasgow Kiss (Magicstew)
    Edmonton Road Runners (Lemmy)
    South Carolina Stingrays (BlackhawksFan)
    Thornhill Rebels (Eskimo Brother)
    Sudbury Wolves (Butch)
    Montreal Canadiens (newfcollins)
    Fort Frances Muskies (Burgundy)
    Fresno Firebirds (Pit Bulls)
    Hamilton Steelheads (Dennis)
    James Bay Cougars (InForAPenny)
    *Montreal Bulldogs (xxx) --> Available team

The league is a H2H league run on Fantrax, with weighted scoring for different stats - but it is mostly Points-Heavy and favours general scoring.
    We have 23 regular season weeks where you play every opponent once, then a H2H playoffs.
    Of the $720 collected fee ($30 each), $130 goes to Fantrax Premium and the other $590 is paid out to: Top-3 regular season standings, top team in season scoring, plus the champion and runner-up in the playoffs.

Teams roster 40 players during season, 25 on their PRO roster and 15 on minors.
    Teams must manage their 25-player pro team on a $100.00M cap hit maximum.
    Each offseason, teams must keep 30 (of their 40 players).
    This promotes off-season trading during two drafts:

July 15th, we have a 5-round prospect draft (mostly of the current year's NHL entry draft players, but some past draftees)
    Sept 15th, we have a 5-round PRO redraft (mostly of those dropped players)

The available team finished last this past season, but wouldn't have if there was an active manager from mid-October and on. As a result of the inactivity, the team ended up with the sixth-best lottery odds for our draft lottery (tied to NHL teams, so this team is tied somewhat fittingly to the new Utah team).
    The team roster is listed in the following post.

The new GM may be doing a dispersal draft with the roster below and possibly other league teams. It is offered up that other WHL teams can put ALL their players and picks into the "pool" and join the redraft.
    So the roster below might be 100% or 50% (if another team joins the redraft) or 33% (if two teams join) of the players/assets to be drafted from, and on from there.

That's sort of a delicate wild card to consider.
    New GM would need to pay $30 immediately to join the league.

If necessary, the new GM will be taking part in a dispersal draft the last week of May to create their team.

If interested, post in this thread AND/OR send PM to me, Eskimo Brother, to express interest.
    We will be selecting the Dobber member judged as the best fit to join the league.
    We typically have 5-10 interested people every time there is an opening... so please don't feel bad if you aren't selected.

Looking forward to finding a new GM to join our WHL group!
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: WHL Looking for One New Manager

Roster posted here (apologies for my inability to format tables):
    Skaters:
    Yanni Gourde
    William Karlsson
    Evgeny Kuznetsov
    Anders Lee
    Ryan Lomberg
    Eric Robinson
    Nino Niederreiter
    Mathieu Olivier
    T.J. Oshie
    Blake Lizotte
    Ondrej Palat
    Tanner Pearson
    Jalen Chatfield
    Dylan DeMelo
    Noah Dobson
    Drew Doughty
    Josh Manson
    Ryan McDonagh
    Ryan Winterton
    Vincent Desharnais
    Matt Grzelcyk
    Alec Martinez
    Shane Wright
    Liam Ohgren
    Aydar Suniev
    Kasper Halttunen
    Fabian Lysell
    Jimmy Snuggerud
    Tyler Tullio
    Andrew Cristall
    Drew Helleson
    Tristan Luneau
    Ryan O'Rourke
    David Reinbacher
    Goalies:
    Scott Wedgewood
    Sam Montembeault
    Cayden Primeau
    Michael Hrabal
    Erik Portillo
    Antti Raanta
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

This is a great league! GM's are very active, in both conversation as well as trade talks. Being a deep salary cap league of 24 teams, it is super challenging and competitive. It's one of the most fun and realistic fantasy leagues I am in.As stated, it is made up of entirely all Dobber Forums members. I joined two years ago, and it has turned into my favorite league. There is always something going on in this league on a daily basis.

Dobber Sports Deity

Just finished my rookie season and I will say, it's a very well run league. It's active, that's for sure. Always lots of chat and chirps (in a good way) going on daily on the fantrax chat box and lots of teams willing to talk trade. I guess when you are paying to play, that's to be expected and it doesn't disappoint. Lots of GMs who are willing to help as well, which is always great. If you're coming in, bring your A game because all the GMs here are knowledgeable and you aren't pulling the wool over anyones eyes here.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Expert

I've had a lot of fun in this league. Great group of managers and failing in this league has helped me succeed in other leagues. I love the constant activity and chat and I'd be happy staying with the league even if I am never able to pull my team out of the basement.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Great league. Great guys (all Dobber forum guys).
    Big thanks to evans334, rataylor22, and EskimoBro for doing an enormous amount of commissioner duties over past 2-3 seasons!
    All three are just absolutely the best co-commissioner teammates that a league could ask for!

[Now - just to figure out how to get my own team out of rebuild mode... 5+ years now... we need dumber GMs... for my sake... not for the league, teehee]

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I have some interest. I don’t post a lot here but I post a lot on other sites like hockeysfuture.com. I also run my own league.

If you can, please email me the rules to:
    [email protected]

Thanks.

Dobber Sports Stud

As one of the original GMs, I can honestly say with confidence this league will not disappoint.

Great group of GMs, always willing to talk trade, provide assistance or simply chat. And, our co-commishes are the best in the business! Our GMs are also from all time zones in North America and even have one member from New Zealand so there is always somebody to chat with throughout the day and throughout the off-season.

In addition to our regular season and playoff matchups, this league offers some fun side bars - like each GM voting for the "Supersoft" GM of the year, and a tiered playoff system so all 24 teams have a chance at the big money or moving up (or down) in your draft lottery position.

And finally the WHL has maintained a Record Book since day-one so each GM has benchmark for how the best of the best has faired over the years.

So don't hesitate - throw your name into the hat!
    WHL - 24tm multicast salary partial keeper
    19 Active / 6 Reserve / 15 Minors
    3C/3LW/3RW/3F/6D/1G
    Skaters: G/ A/ +/- /PIM/SOG/PPP/Hit/Blk/FOW-C
    Goalies: GS/W/OL/GAA/SV%/SV/SHO/ShL/A

Dobber Sports Titan

Looking to finalize a new "hire" by the end of the weekend. There's some interest already, but if you want your name on the consideration list then get it in sooner than later.

Dobber Sports Titan

Thanks for the interest. We're reviewing the list with the league now, and we'll let the successful GM know on Monday.

Dobber Sports Master

good luck to those who tossed their hat into the ring

Dobber Sports Stud

I mean... Im in this league. Theres that.

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Great league. Great guys (all Dobber forum guys).
    Big thanks to evans334, rataylor22, and EskimoBro for doing an enormous amount of commissioner duties over past 2-3 seasons!
    All three are just absolutely the best co-commissioner teammates that a league could ask for!

[Now - just to figure out how to get my own team out of rebuild mode... 5+ years now... we need dumber GMs... for my sake... not for the league, teehee]
    I second this. Our leadership has built the foundation on which this league thrives. The people in this league are fantastic!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by GinFizz View Post
    I mean... Im in this league. Theres that.
    Don’t let this discourage anyone. ��

Dobber Sports Newbie

Still room? My email is [email protected]