GAS ONLY
    LX 2 WD
    LX AWD
    SPORT
    EXL

then , hybrid
    EXL
    TOURING

so where they are lacking is an bare bones LX hybrid in the 39 k range to compete with the Rav entry level LE hybrid

trim levels in USA
    The New Honda CR-V offers an impressive lineup of trim levels, including LX, EX, Sport Hybrid, EX-L, Sport-L Hybrid and Sport Touring Hybrid. Whether you choose a gas or hybrid model, the CR-V is prepared to deliver a highly responsive and efficient drive

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Buying a car?

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    2024 CRV EX-L = $46,411.00
    2024 CRV EX-L Hybrid = $48,906.50
    Difference = $2,495.50 for Hybrid.

Non-Hybrid: 27mpg/32mpg highway
    Hybrid: 40mpg/34mpg highway

Non-Hybrid cost/500km ($1.70/L): $74.05/$62.48 ----- avg $68.27
    Hybrid cost/500km ($1.70/L): $49.98/$58.80 ---------- avg $54.39
    Difference = $13.88

$2,495.50/$13.88 = 180 fill ups. But obviously changes based on your driving styles, as if you were city driving it would take 104 fill ups before it makes a difference.
    BTW, to make it easy, I'm calling 500km a fill up.

So it's funny always the talk on gas and the price jumps, but if we say it takes 104 fillups to make up the hybrid difference, with a fill up every 10 days (that's about what I get) that would be 36.5fillups/yr, so it would take 2.85years before you are saving money. Then, every yr you'd be saving like $506.62 per year ($9.75/week). Like I get that every dollar counts, but there's always a huge uproar when if gas was the only thing to manage, it's pretty manageable.

But it's not just gas but that's besides the point.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    I believe so
    GAS ONLY
    LX 2 WD
    LX AWD
    SPORT
    EXL

then , hybrid
    EXL
    TOURING

so where they are lacking is an bare bones LX hybrid in the 39 k range to compete with the Rav entry level LE hybrid

trim levels in USA
    The New Honda CR-V offers an impressive lineup of trim levels, including LX, EX, Sport Hybrid, EX-L, Sport-L Hybrid and Sport Touring Hybrid. Whether you choose a gas or hybrid model, the CR-V is prepared to deliver a highly responsive and efficient drive
    yeah as i stated earlier, if you want to get Hybird with standard trim you need to go to Toyota...im not sure anybody else offers it.

- - - Updated - - -

interesting , I didnt know rav's had an entry level hybrid thats only aprox 3,000$ more than the entry level gas only model
    i just got one in october but i also looked at getting one 3 years ago and again, toyota had closest price range between the 2
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Master

I just switched to 91 octane to help prevent a known issue with CRV's and the 1.5 turbo (oil diluted with gas ) . I follow a guy on youtube that sends in oil analysis for his CRV and his fuel in the oil ratio was 7.5% . After switching to 91 octane and doing a fresh oil change he sent in an another oil analysis (after putting on 5000 more miles)and it came in a 2.5% so a 5% difference .

so I guess my hybrid comparison verses gas model is going to be 2.07$ per litre for 91 octane , not 1.80 ish for 87 octane

Dobber Sports Wizard

I just switched to 91 octane to help prevent a known issue with CRV's and the 1.5 turbo (oil diluted with gas ) . I follow a guy on youtube that sends in oil analysis for his CRV and his fuel in the oil ratio was 7.5% . After switching to 91 octane and doing a fresh oil change he sent in an another oil analysis (after putting on 5000 more miles)and it came in a 2.5% so a 5% difference .

so I guess my hybrid comparison verses gas model is going to be 2.07$ per litre for 91 octane , not 1.80 ish for 87 octane
    I was reading about this Oil Guy. He went 30,000 miles between oil changes and oil was still good (regular oil testing). Not sure if it's the same guy.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    I was reading about this Oil Guy. He went 30,000 miles between oil changes and oil was still good (regular oil testing). Not sure if it's the same guy.
    probably not the same guy . I follow a handful of guys with the crv 1.5 turbo that have oil dilution just to see whats on the horizon for my 2020 crv 1.5 turbo . My oil gets diluted but nowhere near to the degree that the 2017/2018 CRV's did (first few years of the 1.5 in CRV's) . The fellow I mentioned earlier that went from 7.5% down to 2.5 % dilution by switching to 91 octane has a 2017 . Apparently by 2020 Honda fine tuned things and started using better quality fuel injectors - I guess thats why my oil dilution isnt as bad but still worth keeping an eye on . 91 octane and earlier than usual oil changes are cheaper than a new engine.

worth mentioning in regards to the youtuber . He's gone back and forth with testing things . He'll go 5000 miles with just 87 octane / change oil but send sample to blackstone labs only to prove to himself and his viewers that 91 octane makes a difference . Next 5000 miles he'll go back to 91 octane and sure enough he gets the dilution down to 1.5-2.5 % after another oil analysis . Just last month he received the dreaded PO200 code which means you need to change injectors . He did the job himself so he saved a lot of $$

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Holding your current car is likely the smartest decision financially (I suspect you meant 180,000, not 18,000 kms?). That said, I traded in a BMW 1 series (with the sweet inline 6) after 7 years and it only had less than 35,000 kms. I was bored with it. I wish I could follow my own advice and kept it...at least from a financial perspective> That car was good for another 10 years with likely only maintenance costs. That said, I'm happy with what I have now.

If you decide to get a new car, the best choice will depend on your situation. If you're in the city and are not concerned about charging, then electric is likely fine. I don't expect electricity costs to go down, that said, gas prices aren't going down either! If you're in the country or have/want to drive where charging is more difficult, then a gas/diesel powered vehicle might be the better choice. I would strongly recommend not to buy a used electric vehicle. If you have to replace the battery, it is essentially the price of a low end gas powered car.

I will be the last person to get an electric vehicle, so I might not be the best guy to get advice from, lol! I am currently driving my last V-8 powered car (bought new in 2020), but she is a thirsty beast! I never complain about gas prices because I made my choice knowing that gas prices would never go down. My next car will likely be an all-wheel drive small to mid-sized gas powered car. Something I can drive all year round without having to take snow days off from driving (like I do now).

When I was trying to decide what to buy, I made a spreadsheet with all the vehicles I was considering, noting all the positive and negative points on what was important to me. I ended up with the least expensive car, but it checked way more boxes than the others that were quite a bit more expensive. I was lucky and got some money off for COVID and zero percent interest. If you need to finance, it might be better to wait until interest rates come down or until dealers offer interest rate deals.

Good luck with your decision!
    I agree with Comish. I made the mistake on trading in my F150 to a Tacoma. Value wise I had to pay and extra 20 grand or so and now I'm having problems with it starting sometimes. Even the dealership cant 'figure' it out lol. Thought the Tacoma would be more reliable and look cooler lol.

If one can get by without having a car payment weigh them down then that would be the smartest decision one can make financially. If I were to get a car it would be a honda civic personally.