Poll: Stars vs Knights

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Western Conference First Round: (1) Dallas Stars vs (WC2) Vegas Golden Knights

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Western Conference First Round: (1) Dallas Stars vs (WC2) Vegas Golden Knights

Dallas in 6. I think Vegas is expecting to get better as the playoffs continue but Dallas will win the first 3 games before Vegas wins games 4 and 5.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Western Conference First Round: (1) Dallas Stars vs (WC2) Vegas Golden Knights

Stars in 7. Too deep.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Dallas Oett to win in 7.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I can see one game in this series going for a very long time.

1-0 Quadruple OT game.... just please be on Friday or Saturday night!!!!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Pro

Dallas is too deep and has the edge at every position. Vegas has the experience but they've simply not been good over their last 60 games (just over .500). Stars in 7.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Lol screw this. Of course Stone scores...

Dobber Sports Immortal

I hate Vegas

Dobber Sports Immortal

I really.... Hate... Vegas.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I really.... Hate... Vegas.
    Sucks for Dallas. They have done everything right and they have to play a team that manipulates recovery timelines so they can ice a team that would be illegal in the regular season. This loophole diminishes the integrity of the league.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    Sucks for Dallas. They have done everything right and they have to play a team that manipulates recovery timelines so they can ice a team that would be illegal in the regular season. This loophole diminishes the integrity of the league.
    The 19 players they had on the ice last night have a cap hit of ~$81M. It's really not as egregious as everyone is making it out to be.

Vegas has definitely looked in past like they were fudging the LTIR system, but a spleen injury like Stone had this year isn't something you make up or plan around. It happened at a time where he was done for the season, and probably still shouldn't even be playing, but he is back. Vegas made the best of it by filling in his cap hit with Hertl, and even if Stone had returned in the regular season, all they had to do was waive a few scratches and they would be icing a fully healthy, cap-legal team.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    The 19 players they had on the ice last night have a cap hit of ~$81M. It's really not as egregious as everyone is making it out to be.

Vegas has definitely looked in past like they were fudging the LTIR system, but a spleen injury like Stone had this year isn't something you make up or plan around. It happened at a time where he was done for the season, and probably still shouldn't even be playing, but he is back. Vegas made the best of it by filling in his cap hit with Hertl, and even if Stone had returned in the regular season, all they had to do was waive a few scratches and they would be icing a fully healthy, cap-legal team.
    Well they do have Martinez on LTIR with undisclosed injuries. That trick isn't old -- aka Robidas Island.

Dobber Sports Titan

Well they do have Martinez on LTIR with undisclosed injuries. That trick isn't old -- aka Robidas Island.
    Sorry to break it to you, but Martinez played 15 minutes last night
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Sorry to break it to you, but Martinez played 15 minutes last night
    Wow. Well....ill shut up.

Still hate them.

Dobber Sports Titan

Wow. Well....ill shut up.

Still hate them.
    That's allowed haha.
    Sorry I can't hate them with you because they were my cup pick.

Dobber Sports Immortal

But it is still egregious. "Players on the ice" I guess doesn't include a $5 million backup goalie. I have no clue who was in the press box but I count $87 million dressed.