Poll: Oilers vs Kings

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Western Conference First Round: (2) Edmonton Oilers vs (3) Los Angeles Kings

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Western Conference First Round: (2) Edmonton Oilers vs (3) Los Angeles Kings

Oilers in 6, but LA won't be an easy out. Hoping Edmonton's tenders are slick.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Western Conference First Round: (2) Edmonton Oilers vs (3) Los Angeles Kings

I got Oilers in 5....

Talbot is not Jonathan Quick...

Oilers will have too easy of a time scoring on Talbot.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Pro

Funny how everyone seems to believe the Oilers will be the most motivated team because it's time for them to at least go to the Finals with McDavid. Meanwhile, the Kings are facing the threat of losing to the same team 3 playoffs in a row...that to me, is highly motivating!

Oilers are my pick but I'm going 7, no way the Kings make it easy.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Oilers in 5. Fairly one-sided series with Kings stealing a game at home.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Superstar

Great start for the Oilers.
    That was a very one-sided game.
    Oilers offense was full press and dominant and while some of the goals were softies Talbot also had some big saves.
    Skinner was solid early and the goals he let in were a couple tough deflections.

Love what you saw as an Oiler fan.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Bouchard had one of the most low-key 4 points games I've never seen last night.
    12-Team Yahoo H2H Keeper League (Salary cap for keepers only)

3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1 UTIL, 2G (6 BN, 6 IR+, 1 NA)
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, HIT, BLK / W, GAA, SV%, SHO

C - S. Aho, M. Beniers, S. Crosby, B. Jenner, L. Stankoven
    LW - C. Caufield, J. Hughes, T. Moore, J. Slafkovsky, O. Tippett
    RW - D. Batherson, C. Keller, A. Lafreniere, S. Reinhart
    D - E. Bouchard, B. Dillon, M. Roy, M. Seider, C. York
    G - J. Binnington, J. Saros, J. Swayman

IR+: T. Demko, T. Hertl, K. Johnson, G. Landeskog, J. Trouba
    NA: B. Othmann

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Heartbreaker in OT. Oilers just couldn’t get a lead. Kings played the kind of hockey they need to be successful. Oilers were significantly sloppier maybe got a bit complacent after the 7-4 drubbing. Gonna be one heck of a series that game kept me on my toes all night!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Kings to start Rittich…I think this is a mistake. I don’t blame Talbot, if I’m the kings, he let a few soft ones in but honestly some of those scores should’ve been a lot higher he made some fantastic saves. The oilers are too good for the kings defence. As good as doughty has been at times he’s no spring chicken and Roy, Anderson and England aren’t exactly a blue chip shutdown trio. My prediction is my Oilers are going to light up Rittich tonight and here’s to a series win in 5!

Dobber Sports Icon

honestly thought this would be closer..KIngs in 7 looks foolish now lol
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    honestly thought this would be closer..KIngs in 7 looks foolish now lol
    Well, if you remove all the special teams scoring this series has been very tight, lol

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Wow was I wrong. Not that Rittich even got tested but what a defensive game. Skinner was good but to be honest the kings almost had no real high danger chances. The shot differential makes it look like Skinner was a beast, but I give the Shutout to the defence of the oilers! they played a fantastic game. Forwards made too many cutesy passes and gave up the puck a lot. And as much as I rag on Bouchard’s defensive game he was unreal last night defensively.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    Well, if you remove all the special teams scoring this series has been very tight, lol
    Maybe in score. Oilers have dominated 5v5 play.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Maybe in score. Oilers have dominated 5v5 play.
    As much I would like to say YES, these 2 teams have been locked in a 5v5 stalemate this series. Oiler PP running at 50% and LA's PP running at 0% has been the standout difference.

The Great One

Kings are well balanced and deep. That's really great for the regular season, but you need stars to stand on their heads in the playoffs. No one on the present iteration of the team is capable of doing so, as they're too used to winning based on the sum of their parts.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Ninja

Edmonton was the better team in this series but the Kings got worked over bad by the refs in this series.