Poll: Bruins vs Leafs

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Eastern Conference First Round: (2) Boston Bruins vs (3) Toronto Maple Leafs

The Great One

Default Re: Eastern Conference First Round: (2) Boston Bruins vs (3) Toronto Maple Leafs

One thing I think we can all agree is this makes Boston very open to listening to offers for Ullmark this offseason, and I for one do not envy the team which overpays for him, since he was not a great goalie before coming to Boston and not even once has played more than 41 games in a season. A team pinning their hopes on him being a true #1 is going to be in for a rude awakening, at least from where I sit.

EDIT - oops, he played 49 once, plus 41 in a shortened season, so that does lessen the arguments against him.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Eastern Conference First Round: (2) Boston Bruins vs (3) Toronto Maple Leafs

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    One thing I think we can all agree is this makes Boston very open to listening to offers for Ullmark this offseason, and I for one do not envy the team which overpays for him, since he was not a great goalie before coming to Boston and not even once has played more than 41 games in a season. A team pinning their hopes on him being a true #1 is going to be in for a rude awakening, at least from where I sit.
    Ullmark was already "Traded" to LAK at the deadline but were blocked when Ullmark didn't waive his NTC.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

The Great One

Ullmark probably would like nothing more than to stay and then hit the market in 2025 as a UFA and get paid, rather than go somewhere else for 2024-25 and risk being exposed as not as good as he's cracked up to be and, in doing so, costing him big $$. Still, he can only name 15 or 16 teams on his M-NTC, so the Bs likely can find a suitor if half the NHL is in play.
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Titan

Ullmark probably would like nothing more than to stay and then hit the market in 2025 as a UFA and get paid, rather than go somewhere else for 2024-25 and risk being exposed as not as good as he's cracked up to be and, in doing so, costing him big $$. Still, he can only name 15 or 16 teams on his M-NTC, so the Bs likely can find a suitor if half the NHL is in play.
    I meant it as the team already tried to move him mid season and were successful in terms of finding a partner and value they liked. I think it's very safe to say Ullmark is shopped and traded in the offseason.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I meant it as the team already tried to move him mid season and were successful in terms of finding a partner and value they liked. I think it's very safe to say Ullmark is shopped and traded in the offseason.
    I'm not so sure. It's pretty easy for him to land on 16 teams that don't need a goalie. Of course that's what three team trades are for. But I think Ullmark knows he's got it good and is probably not eager to put himself in a position to lose $$. It really is remarkable that he's never played more than half the games in any season, and has a Vezina!

EDIT - oops, he played 49 once, plus 41 in a shortened season, so that does lessen the arguments against him.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I'm finding myself cheering for the Leafs right now. Weird feeling but it is what it is!
    Me as well.

I constantly feel like I am in need of a shower!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'm finding myself cheering for the Leafs right now. Weird feeling but it is what it is!
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Me as well.

Welcome to Leafs Nation fellas. Home of the bandwagoners. All aboard!

Dobber Sports All-Star

I do kind of feel like this is a battle to see who gets chewed up and spat out by the Panthers.......
    Agree, and they will be tired after a tough 6 or 7 games.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Woah woah woah now. Let's not get too hasty here. I still have my Oilers to cheer for and there's no telling when the Leafs spell will wear off!

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Me as well.

Ew guys. Ew.

Dobber Sports Deity

LOL!

I cant bring myself to do it. It's the same for the Habs. Cant do it. I typically cheer for whoever they are playing against.

Go B's!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

What's the status on AM34? Any news?

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    What's the status on AM34? Any news?
    No real news but reporters at Leafs practice yesterday said he was practicing harder than he was prior to game 5.

Dobber Sports Titan

He's now not on the ice for morning skate. Doesn't sound positive.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    He's now not on the ice for morning skate. Doesn't sound positive.
    Was just coming to say this. He skated this morning but isn't on the ice with Leaf teammates for the formal morning skate.