Poll: Bruins vs Leafs

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Eastern Conference First Round: (2) Boston Bruins vs (3) Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Eastern Conference First Round: (2) Boston Bruins vs (3) Toronto Maple Leafs

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Marner and Tavares are untradeable, so consider them untouchable.
    Tavares should be fine after next season when his contract can get reduced.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Eastern Conference First Round: (2) Boston Bruins vs (3) Toronto Maple Leafs

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    Tavares should be fine after next season when his contract can get reduced.
    Who is trading for an $11M 2C who is 34? What is Toronto getting back that it is worthwhile to eat $5.5M? Where is full NMC Toronto-native Tavares saying yes to a trade to?

Who is trading for an $11M RW who repeatedly disappears in the playoffs? Who is a UFA probably looking for a raise? Where is full NMC Toronto-native Marner saying yes to a trade to?

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    I agree. If Calgary doesn't lower their price on Markstrom, I can't see him being moved. Plus, I know the stats looked good for him this season but I just never have confidence in that guy. Personally, I'd look for someone like Kahkonen or Nedeljkovic to pair with Woll and go cheap on goalie hoping that one of those guys break out. You can always trade for someone during the season.
    Markstrom would probably love a chance to play for Toronto instead of Calgary.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Wizard

Who is trading for an $11M 2C who is 34? What is Toronto getting back that it is worthwhile to eat $5.5M? Where is full NMC Toronto-native Tavares saying yes to a trade to?

Who is trading for an $11M RW who repeatedly disappears in the playoffs? Who is a UFA probably looking for a raise? Where is full NMC Toronto-native Marner saying yes to a trade to?
    No one, which is why I said after next season - when his (Tavares) contract ends and he's no longer 11m.
    No way he should be signing for that much again, and with how much he loves the Leaf's he should be showing it with a hometown discount.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    No one, which is why I said after next season - when his (Tavares) contract ends and he's no longer 11m.
    No way he should be signing for that much again, and with how much he loves the Leaf's he should be showing it with a hometown discount.
    ….how does that help them next season? How does that contribute to Blayze’s point?

Dobber Sports Wizard

….how does that help them next season? How does that contribute to Blayze’s point?
    It doesn't help them next season. They will be in the same boat as they were this season.

But it's not unfathomable, for them to be able to build a Cup contending roster as short as two years.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Markstrom would probably love a chance to play for Toronto instead of Calgary.
    IIR correctly, reports were that Calgary wanted a #1 draft pick, a significant roster player, and would not retain when New Jersey was interested. Goalies have never historically returned that much value. Calgary signed Markstrom as a free agent so getting any return, let's say a low 1st, and the cap space is tidy piece of business if you ask me. If I were the acquiring GM, I'd only make that trade with retention.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Immortal

This....is the dilemma.

And it's beautiful.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    This....is the dilemma.

And it's beautiful.
    I think this has been the dilemma the last couple offfseasons. You weren't trading Matthews and Tavares (NMC, contract, value) and Nylander and Marner are wings who have the least value positionally and then add in Marner's NMC. People yell "split up the core" but the reality has been it was probably the best move to just hope they could figure it out in the playoffs as opposed to making some trade they'd likely lose just to change up the mix. Plus, except for the Montreal series they've played close series against very talented teams. There's a lot of blame to go around starting with the core's playoff performance, Dubas's team construction and contracts, and Treliving having a poor first season and making the team worse than last season.
    Last edited by Daydream Nation; April 30, 2024 at 7:12 AM. Reason: typo
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Titan

The only piece of the core that's moving would be Marner and it's if management goes to him and both sides agree that it's time to move on. Then you start looking at a trade where an extension is involved. Then the return is diminished because of this all.

Then it's finding a roster that has that space, the pieces, and where Marner wants to go. You'll get an Eichel level of return maybe. Which was an NHL player (Tuch), a prospect (Krebs), Conditional 1st, Conditional 2nd. That's what you would be looking at for a return for Marner. Then you would likely then need to flip those pieces for NHL players to help them in their window.

Leafs are in a tough position...unless they back the Brinks truck up for Cooper.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

How long before Matthews asks for a trade?

Like Oiler fans have never heard that one before LOL!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    How long before Matthews asks for a trade?

Like Oiler fans have never heard that one before LOL!
    I think you legit have 2 years before it's serious.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I think you legit have 2 years before it's serious.
    LOL! I'd say it's a fair question now, even after he just signed his new deal. Even HE has to be tired of losing in the 1st round.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    LOL! I'd say it's a fair question now, even after he just signed his new deal. Even HE has to be tired of losing in the 1st round.
    If he requested a trade I don't think I'd be super shocked at all at this point in all honesty. I just don't think many people would sign an extension especially after the turnover management had in the offseason, then ask for a trade.

What I can see more is Matthews demanding change around him.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    If he requested a trade I don't think I'd be super shocked at all at this point in all honesty. I just don't think many people would sign an extension especially after the turnover management had in the offseason, then ask for a trade.

What I can see more is Matthews demanding change around him.
    This ain't Jr hockey. Isn't that what Nylander yelled at Marner on the bench the other night? LOL!