Poll: Bruins vs Leafs

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Eastern Conference First Round: (2) Boston Bruins vs (3) Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Re: Eastern Conference First Round: (2) Boston Bruins vs (3) Toronto Maple Leafs

I feel like stuff has been missed on both sides. In game 2, Boston should have had a 5-on-3 in the third, but had just a 5-on-4.

One thing not being discussed enough, is that was a weak goal allowed by Samsonov during that play in the second. Sure, there could be penalties called, and that's what much of the focus was during the replays. But that's not a good goal to allow at that time of the game.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Eastern Conference First Round: (2) Boston Bruins vs (3) Toronto Maple Leafs

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    I feel like stuff has been missed on both sides. In game 2, Boston should have had a 5-on-3 in the third, but had just a 5-on-4.

One thing not being discussed enough, is that was a weak goal allowed by Samsonov during that play in the second. Sure, there could be penalties called, and that's what much of the focus was during the replays. But that's not a good goal to allow at that time of the game.
    Sammy is not a 1A goalie. I can't deal with him. Guy lets that in but makes other saves? Wild. I don't know if I can deal with another season with him being the 1A again.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Stud

I wholeheartedly agree - Leafs (especially Samsonov) need to play hard to the whistle and stay focused on the prize. You don't stop playing because you think there should be a penalty.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Chili con Carne View Post
    I wholeheartedly agree - Leafs (especially Samsonov) need to play hard to the whistle and stay focused on the prize. You don't stop playing because you think there should be a penalty.
    I agree, but I know mentally it's hard to play to the whistle when you never get a call when you play through high elbows, holds and slashes, and the opponent snaps their heads back and get stuff.

But whatever, it is what it is. I'd be more upset if we had a 30% PP, but getting a PP for the Leafs just eats 2min off the clock, that's it.

Dobber Sports Ninja

The press conference was pitiful. Keith needs to stop bitching about Marchand... I mean the guy's been doing that since forever - if you haven't prepared your team to deal with it then that's on you.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Im just about to hit 50 and i watch and cheer for just about any team sport and bunch of individual sports asl well. I dont think once in my life i said that officiating has cost anybody a game but i think Refs won that game for Boston last night. Im not naive enough to say it was on purpose cause we all know it wasn't but oh man did they made many dumb calls all against Leafs last night.

Yes other 2 games there were blown calls both ways, but yesterday was just brutal and one way for most parts.

Watch Leafs get all the calls on Saturday lol.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    Im just about to hit 50 and i watch and cheer for just about any team sport and bunch of individual sports asl well. I dont think once in my life i said that officiating has cost anybody a game but i think Refs won that game for Boston last night. Im not naive enough to say it was on purpose cause we all know it wasn't but oh man did they made many dumb calls all against Leafs last night.

Yes other 2 games there were blown calls both ways, but yesterday was just brutal and one way for most parts.

Sad thing is it's Game 4, and since 2020 for some reason, halfway through Game 4 refs stop calling things. Games 1-3 there's a ton of calls, and halfway through Game 4 something changes and nothing is called.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    Not sure how many more would be called. Toronto had a 5-3 advantage in powerplay opportunities, had four straight powerplays, and spent about 17 percent of the game with the man advantage.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Titan

Not sure how many more would be called. Toronto had a 5-3 advantage in powerplay opportunities, had four straight powerplays, and spent about 17 percent of the game with the man advantage.
    Well you call all the penalties that's how. You don't manage powerplays.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Well you call all the penalties that's how. You don't manage powerplays.
    100% agree with this. Yes they had lots of calls, they should have probably 5 more and a very bad non call directly resulted in goal against which is bigger issue then number of PPs.

Again, just one of those games, refs did win this game for Bs imo...but i also know refs won games for Leafs in the past. I do think they got screwed last night.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Titan

So after about a week of secrecy, the media finally has broken the Nylander news. EF said Nylander is dealing with migraines.

A part of the secrecy around it was the Leafs medical staffs were having trouble hammering down what was actually causing the migraines, including testing for a concussion. Nylander has had migraine issues in the past, which he did tell reporters in 2022 was the reason why he switched to a tinted visor.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    The press conference was pitiful. Keith needs to stop bitching about Marchand... I mean the guy's been doing that since forever - if you haven't prepared your team to deal with it then that's on you.
    Marchand is loving that he’s in the Leafs heads rent free. He owns the Leafs and they keep giving him attention. No excuses, Leaf’s should’ve won that game but Marchand played them not the refs.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I understand Leaf fans haven’t seen any success in the playoffs, but to pretend like they didn’t know the game is called differently in the playoffs is a whole new ready-set excuse for the upcoming 2024 failure that I never saw coming.
    B2B Champ. Dynasty Pot Winner - only champ the league has ever had.
    32 Team Dynasty~NHL cap using AAV
    2400+ players owned
    12F 6D 1G 4Bench, 57 Minors
    Scoring Cats: - Skaters 1G, 1A, 0.1 for (each SOG, H, Blk) - Goalies 1W, 1Shutout, .05 save
    12F - Panarin~Batherson~Kadri~Verhaeghe~
    Marchessault~Barbashev~N.Roy~Bjorkstrand~Sharangov ich~
    Pacioretty~Drouin
    6D - Carlson~Borgen~Ferraro~Middleton~Benoit
    1G - Shesterkin
    Minors:
    Fwd:Kovalenko~Berggren~Dufour~N.Foote~Rousek~ Posposil~McMann~Lavoie
    D: Tucker~Z.Jones~Kaiser~A.Hirose~Mermis
    Livingstone~Korczak~J.Poirier~Ahcan~Emberson
    G: Hofer~Sandstrom~Annunen~Prosvetov~
    Stevenson~Tolopilo~Clang~Chrona~Fedotov

Dobber Sports Titan

So apparently Matthews was battling an illness on Wednesday. How the FRIG can this team still be battling illnesses? It's legit been since November this teams been sick, wtf.

The Great One

Growing up in Boston, prior to the "Curse of the Bambino" being broken, I thought I knew fandom and frustration. But apparently Leafs fans take it to a whole other level, and this despite it nowhere near 75+ years since they won a Cup like it was with the Sox and the World Series. Note - this is not a dig. I'm just pretty amazed is all.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/