View Poll Results: Which 5 are most comparatively underrated in points only leagues?

Voters
52. This poll is closed
  • Mathew Barzal

17 32.69%
  • Oliver Bjorkstrand

7 13.46%
  • Noah Dobson

15 28.85%
  • Vince Dunn

15 28.85%
  • Joel Erikkson Ek

18 34.62%
  • Filip Forsberg

19 36.54%
  • Brandon Hagel

12 23.08%
  • Zach Hyman

13 25.00%
  • Roman Josi

11 21.15%
  • Patrick Kane

3 5.77%
  • Nazem Kadri

9 17.31%
  • Jared McCann

8 15.38%
  • Sean Monahan

1 1.92%
  • Josh Morrrissey

12 23.08%
  • Valeri Nichushkin

6 11.54%
  • Artemi Panarin

9 17.31%
  • Mikko Rantanen

8 15.38%
  • Dylan Strome

12 23.08%
  • Robert Thomas

23 44.23%
  • Carter Verhaeghe

28 53.85%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: ROOS LETS LOOSE POLL: Most Underrated in Fantasy

The Great One

Default ROOS LETS LOOSE POLL: Most Underrated in Fantasy

I'm sure some of you correctly surmised that with last month's poll focusing on overrated players in fantasy, I'd pull a 180 for the next poll to focus on those who are underrated. For the record, it was a lot more difficult to decide upon 20 legitimately underrated players. But hopefully I landed on the right players, although I'm sure I missed a couple.

Remember that we're talking about underrated as of right now, and only in points only fantasy leagues, as all 20 players are skaters. Real life and/or multicat value is not a factor. As usual, it is ultimately up to you to decide how to assess whether (and, if to, to what extent) a player is undervalued versus another, but a good barometer is those whose name value unjustifiably lags behind their actual value, or who are just under-appreciated given how good/great they are.

And your task is to vote for the five skaters who are most underrated from this group of 20. So it is relative, meaning that a player on this list who is held in higher regard than another still might be more underrated if he's not given enough credit for what he does versus the other player. Really though, you want to look at all the choices and ask yourself which five among them stick out to you as being more underrated than the other 15.

As usual, please post who you voted for and why, to provide added insight.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

The Great One

Default Re: ROOS LETS LOOSE POLL: Most Underrated in Fantasy

My votes went to:

Dunn - He's gone out and proven himself by showing last season was not a fluke, yet I still feel he's wrongly not considered to be elite
    Forsberg - Arguably overrated for portions of his career, many - myself included - thought he had a great 2021-22 to get paid as a UFA, but he's showing now that he's a true star, yet not getting the credit he deserves
    Kadri - Like Forsberg, folks felt he only showed up in 2021-22 to get a UFA payday, but he's been rock solid for nearly all this season and has turned into a true top line center
    Panarin - Yes, he's a star, but he's arguably even better than he's perceived, and, as he's showing this season, might still have even more in his tank
    Thomas - He's so good that St. Louis had no choice but to move away from its three line approach to ensure he gets the ice time he needs to shine, yet I feel he's not been given his proper due
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Stud

Nick Schmaltz never gets recognized.. maybe for the best but...

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by GinFizz View Post
    Nick Schmaltz never gets recognized.. maybe for the best but...
    Eeeesh, bad omission on my part, but I'm sure he's not the only one more deserving of a spot here

Dobber Sports Initiate

Vincent Trochek comes to mind as someone always overlooked or seen as someone who likely will get a lesser role the upcoming season. Then he outscores most of the stars on the team. ..but can't fit them all in one poll. Just deserves an honorable mention.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by loppantorkel View Post
    Vincent Trochek comes to mind as someone always overlooked or seen as someone who likely will get a lesser role the upcoming season. Then he outscores most of the stars on the team. ..but can't fit them all in one poll. Just deserves an honorable mention.
    He was on the short list, but I went with JEE as the multicat guy I feel is really underrated, since Trocheck has had similar success previously while I feel people are sleeping on JEE more despite him being on pace to see his scoring rise for the fifth straight season.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I voted for:

Dobson
    Dunn
    Forsberg
    Kadri
    Thomas

Not much formal analysis on my part. Just the names that jump out to me that I tend to observe are typically valued by poolies about 15-25 points below where their production indicates they should be.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar/Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand
    D: Dobson/Trouba/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Edvinsson/York
    G: Saros/Demko/Askarov