Thread: UPL vs Philly and Skinner vs Colorado; Thoughts?

Dobber Sports Sage

Default UPL vs Philly and Skinner vs Colorado; Thoughts?

My opponent is starting Georgiev and we are tied with 1 W and he has 3 losses and I have 1. We are split in GAA and SV% with each having rather poor results. Would you start both UPL and Georgiev?
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Re: UPL vs Philly and Skinner vs Colorado; Thoughts?

I think you mean Skinner, if so I would start both. Skinner v Georgiev might tip this one either way, I like your chances. 2 top teams playing each other, it’s either going to be a gunfight or a tightie. As for UPL, I think Buffalo can give him the offense to win. Good luck.

The Great One

Edmonton has been shut out three times this season, including in their most recent game. The following games after that occurred previously, the scores were Edmonton winning 8 to 4 and winning 5 to 2. So a win is a good bet, but perhaps not with great peripherals. UPL seems to be getting figured out or tiring or both, with two really bad starts in his last five games after going a month without one and two months since the one before then.

As always I must include my standard disclaimer. I am notoriously bad at giving "which to start" goalie advice, so take all of this with a big grain of salt.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Sage

Good stuff guys- thanks. Started Skinner and only started UPL in my Roto league. 8-4 lead in my finals and am hoping I can hang on due to a lot of close matchups.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov