Thread: Start UPL, Allen, or Both Tonight?

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Start UPL, Allen, or Both Tonight?

Tied in the playoffs where Ws and Ls will probably be the deciding factor. I'm up 2-1 in wins and down 0-1 in losses. I have both Allen and UPL. If I start both against each other tonight, I am guaranteed a W and most likely a loss. Should I just start 1? Is Buffalo going to come out fired up due to their embarrassing loss a couple nights ago? Allen has been great so should I start him and bench UPL? GAA and SV% probably won't be a factor thanks to UPL's and Buffalo's performance on Tuesday. I have Edmonton's net against Anaheim on Saturday so I should get a win there. My opponent has a hodgepodge of backups and can only get 2 more wins for the week. So what would you do?
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Start UPL, Allen, or Both Tonight?

I'd be surprised if UPL gets the start after the debacle against the Sens the other night and in fact both Cap Friendly and The Goalie Post are indicating Levi. Which leaves you with Allen. I actually don't mind that, even if UPL was in the crease I like the Devils to win this one, I'd prefer the win without the loss. It's risky, but I think it is considerably more beneficial for you than taking "the split". Take all this with a grain of salt though, it's likely that the chances of me being wrong on this are 51%.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba55 View Post
    I'd be surprised if UPL gets the start after the debacle against the Sens the other night and in fact both Cap Friendly and The Goalie Post are indicating Levi. Which leaves you with Allen. I actually don't mind that, even if UPL was in the crease I like the Devils to win this one, I'd prefer the win without the loss. It's risky, but I think it is considerably more beneficial for you than taking "the split". Take all this with a grain of salt though, it's likely that the chances of me being wrong on this are 51%.
    Thanks. I saw that after posting. At least typing it out made me think about the matchup more. If this wasn't the playoffs I wouldn't care as much.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Superstar

Whatever you decide to do, good luck.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf