Thread: Jake

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Jake

Eh Guys.

Is he anywhere near this good?....8pt/5g 1.60 ppg?...since going to Carolina. I don't think so but how good can he be? Oh, ya, it's a 1 year league, points are G-1, A-1.

He has 3 ppg+ seasons (including the 2 shortened seasons) and is above ppg this year.

I can make one more "trade" this year, on Saturday, to improve my team for 2 weeks of PlayOffs (March 31 - April 6/ April 7 - 13) and have been contemplating Jake, Scheifele, Nichuskin and a few others. The March 31-April 6 week is important as a win puts me in the Finals and these 3 guys all have 4 games that week. The next week Carolina has just 2 games the Jets and Aves have 3.
    Thanks for your thoughts on Jake
    ================================================== =======================================

Hopefully this will explain how I have so many good players to choose from during the season when I ask you guys for help.
    One year pool. We are 12 teams and have a 3 round draft of 2 Forwards and 1 Dman. These 36 drafted players can only go on the drafter’s team.
    Our full ROSTERS are 19 F, 4 D and 2 Rookies. As we have drafted 2 Forwards we need 17 more. These 17 Forwards can be any undrafted
    Forward from any team in the NHL (we can call this our waiver wire). From this waiver wire all 12 teams COULD put the same player on their team (something you rearely see). Hopefully this explains how it is that I have so many good players available to add to my team through the season. Dmen are the same...draft 1 and add 3 more from the waiver wire. We do get 6 moves per year when we can drop a total of 6 poor performing F/D from original roster and replace them with players from our waiver wire.
    SOME POOL RULES. Points only (G-1, A-1). One year Hybrid Pool. 3 round draft with balance of roster selected from any undrafted NHLer.. 19F 4 D 2 Rooks SALARIES AND POSITIONS DO NOT MATTER (other than being a F or D). NO Inter-Team Trading, Bench or Minors. Our WAIVER WIRE is ANY player in the NHL who is not Drafted in our league's 3 round draft. Each manager gets 6 ADD/DROPS (TRADES) for the year...any player on roster can be TRADED for any unDrafted F/D/R from ANY NHL team. INJURY RULE "IR". A hurt player can be replaced by another F/D from HIS NHL team and this is NOT considered a trade.. Injured player can be put back on team any time.

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Jake

Guentzel?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Guentzel?
    Yes.
    SOME POOL RULES. Points only (G-1, A-1). One year Hybrid Pool. 3 round draft with balance of roster selected from any undrafted NHLer.. 19F 4 D 2 Rooks SALARIES AND POSITIONS DO NOT MATTER (other than being a F or D). NO Inter-Team Trading, Bench or Minors. Our WAIVER WIRE is ANY player in the NHL who is not Drafted in our league's 3 round draft. Each manager gets 6 ADD/DROPS (TRADES) for the year...any player on roster can be TRADED for any unDrafted F/D/R from ANY NHL team. INJURY RULE "IR". A hurt player can be replaced by another F/D from HIS NHL team and this is NOT considered a trade.. Injured player can be put back on team any time.

Dobber Sports Deity

Sure, he's this good. Playing in one less game won't matter as much as the cost to acquire him vs some of the others.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Sure, he's this good. Playing in one less game won't matter as much as the cost to acquire him vs some of the others.
    Thanks for your thoughts Axeman. To pick up one of these guys I have to drop a Forward from my current roster...so costs the same to pick up any of the 3 mentioned above. I was contemplating dropping Debrincat with his 2 points in last 10 games so of course he pops for 2 points tonight making that decision on who to drop a bit harder. Glad I still have a couple of days left to decide on who to Drop/Add

Sorry Axe. not able to REP you.