Thread: Curious One....

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Curious One....

Just curious what people think...

FORMAT MATTERS ON THIS ONE- LOL!!

Weekly starts- we only start 6 forwards weekly. On the backend we start 6 total as well between 4-5 D and 1-2 G- with the total ending up at 6. The reality is that depth does not come into play that often imho- its taken me a lot of years to get this figured out but this is an extremely STAR powered league!

Maybe more importantly sogs are worth 1fpt to a goal at 5 and an assist at 3- just about as sog heavy as I've ever seen- lol!

The Trade:

B Tkachuk, Saros, a mid 2nd, and third- the picks will likely be in the 24 and 42 range.
    For
    Kyrou, Ersson, Hofer and a very late 1st- looks to be 15th (of 18)

I don't want to skew the answers so I want to be careful with the data but just for context I imagine a lot of people will say that Tkachuk has the edge in a sog heavy format and to quantify that hes scored on average 120 fpts more than Kyrou whose actually no slouch in the sog and goal department either. Said another way Tkachuk was the 14th best winger you could own and Kyrou was 47th.

I'm really looking for.unbiased responses so I'm gonna stop with the context there... karma/rep Kannon ready to fire...
    Weekly changes- protect 6-12 each year determined randomly- and the rest stay on board so.its like a pseudo dynasty. 2c, 3w, 1ff, 4d, 2g

The scoring is skaters: g4, a2, sog 1, pim 0.25, st+1, and +/- 1 for forwards and +/-3 for defense.
    Goalies: W6, L-2,sv0.3, SO 3 and player scoring for G and A.

Rebuilding
    C- Hughes, Carlsson
    W- Laf, Slaf, Michkov, Buchy
    D- Weresnki, L Hughes, Clarke, Xhekaj
    G- Swayman, Wolf
    B- Wright, Sharnagovich, Tolvanen, Mangiapane, Schmid, Other Junk
    Farm- Michkov, Holtz, Stankoven, N Robertson, Cristall[, Cossa

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: Curious One....

Hes scored on average 120 more fpts over the last 3 years. If it helps the average star forward in our format will score between 450-600 to give a better indication of the impact of 120 fpts...
    Weekly changes- protect 6-12 each year determined randomly- and the rest stay on board so.its like a pseudo dynasty. 2c, 3w, 1ff, 4d, 2g

The scoring is skaters: g4, a2, sog 1, pim 0.25, st+1, and +/- 1 for forwards and +/-3 for defense.

Rebuilding
    C- Hughes, Carlsson
    G- Swayman, Wolf

Dobber Sports Wizard

No bias comes on place here fo anybody I would assume. This is as close to slam dunk deal as I seen in a while. Tkachuk and Saros are by far 2 best players here….don’t overthink this one
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Stud

Yep as Belexus said - easy decision.
    And as you said, star-driven league.
    Brady and Saros are the brightest stars here.
    RHRS, Yahoo, 12-team, Roto
    PQMC, Yahoo, 12-team, Keep 11, H2H
    Taro Tsujimoto Draft League, Fantrax, 6-team, pts-only (*2018 draftees or later only)
    Hanson Bros., Fantrax, 10-Team, Keep 8, weighted scoring
    Black & Blue, Fantrax, 12-Team, Dynasty, H2H weighted
    The Dream Team League, Fantrax, 14-Team, Dynasty, H2H
    On Frozen Ponds, Fantrax 10-Team, Dynasty, Roto

​"When I do not know who I am I serve you, and when I do know who I am, you and I are one." - Hanuman-ji

Dobber Sports Veteran

I concur with Belexus75 and YzermansLegacy.
    I’d accept that offer for Brady & Saros in a heartbeat. Two best players in the deal.
    Yahoo! 10 Team Keep 6, H2H - 1 win
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FOW, H, B, Wins, GAA, Sv%, SHO
    4 weekly goalie appearances minimum
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 1Ut, 4D, 3G, 6Bench, 2-I/R+, 1NA

C: Bennett
    LW: E.Kane, Kaprizov
    LW/C: Draisaitl, Stutzle
    RW: Marner
    RW/C: T.Thompson, Necas
    RW/LW: Svechnikov
    D: Dahlin, Bouchard, Sergachev, Gudas
    G: Vasilevskiy , Skinner, Gustavsson

When I say nothing, I say everything. J.White

Dobber Sports Superstar

Well, hell ya, the BT/Saros side here is, well it's not close.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Another very clear vote for Brady and Saros. I'd never even consider the other side here.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Thank you guys- this was helpful- spread rep already and will continue when I'm refreshed lol!

Rebuilding
    C- Hughes, Carlsson
    G- Swayman, Wolf

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Brady’s side wins big. Not enough coming back, especially since Saros is also involved. Drop Saros out of it and maybe it’s close but I’d be hesitant to give up Brady in this format.
    ESPN H2H 12-Team Keep 10 (max 2 goalies) - 24 Player roster - Start 9 F, 6 D, 2 G,7 BN, 1 IR
    G A PIM STP SOG FW HIT BLK | W SV SV% SO

F: Robertson, Eichel, Trocheck, Rust, Bratt, Malkin, Boldy, Danault, Zacha, Bennett, Nishuskin
    D: Dahlin, Montour, Gudas, Harley,
    G: Jarry, Bobrovsky, Daccord, Grubauer
    IR: Eriksson Ek

Yahoo H2H Keep 14 - 26 player roster - Start 10 F, 5 D, 2 G, 9 BN, 1 IR, 1 IR+
    G A PIM PPP SOG FOW HIT | W SV SV% SO

F: Robertson, Barkov, MacKinnon, DeBrincat, Batherson, Kyrou, Caufield, Lafreniere, Tippett, Dubois
    D: Josi, Nurse, Trouba, Montour, Larsson
    G: Shesterkin, Oettinger, Grubauer, DeSmith
    IR: Hamilton

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by pieceofschmidt View Post
    Brady’s side wins big. Not enough coming back, especially since Saros is also involved. Drop Saros out of it and maybe it’s close but I’d be hesitant to give up Brady in this format.
    I sort of agree.

To clarify- this is a sog heavy- star driven league so I dont see any real reason to move Tkachuk for kyrou plus to begin with- and thats coming from a guy who really likes kyrou- lol! Its just that you're giving up an asset you have almost no shot at replacing (not by the pieces your getting back at least)and this wasn't a rebuild or blowing it up- this was just a trade to "shake things up". My argument is that trading a gamebreaker/cheat code (in our format anyways) for a guy who just doesn't have that gear in his arsenal is not a great way to get shaking - lol! I started a new league with very similar scoring (actually exactly the same just more active roster spots)- and BT went 3oa!!!

However if most of these pieces had went for just Tkachuk at least it makes some kind of sense. The way it is now is non-sensical-lol! Again im a huge kyrou fan but there's no way to write that up other than a surefire player downgrade... AND somehow you massively upgrade your G and added the best goalie in our format over the last three years??? Where does the other team make a single gain? And the only legit argument is the pick but even thats problematic because he not only gives up a 2nd and a 3rd for a 1st but the 2nd is set now and its 24th compared to the pick hed be receiving which will be between 14th and 18th. Ita not even really adding a first- its more like moving up ten spots and on top of all the value in this deal already he STILL had to pay a 3rd for that. The only thing crazier than the trade was listening to the GM who made it (great guy ftr though) try to frame it as "fairly close" and "not a big deal". I know i have my own player biases but it was nutty hearing guys like ersson and hofer casually mentioned in the same tier as Juicy....

In any case this was helpful- I dont like to bring stuff like this to the board often but I was one of the louder voices in having our trade council take a second look at this and it did end up getting overturned right before playoffs. Like I said- the GM in question- both of them actually- are great guys without a history of lop sided deals so I just wanted to quadruple check i had this one right. Thanks guys- more rep coming...

Rebuilding
    C- Hughes, Carlsson
    G- Swayman, Wolf

Dobber Sports Icon

Unless it's a 30+ team league, I don't see Errson or Hofer having much value at all. Also the pick difference between 15 and 24 + 42 likely favors the two picks over the first rounder.

These are all clear signs that the Tkachuk side wins this deal by a large margin.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Again agree but from talking to one owner bias is creeping in like crazy- the idea presented is that hofer and ersson can come out ahead of saros moving forward. I know it sounds ridiculous but thats the idea being put forth in our league. I back my own guys too but thats delusional...

Rebuilding
    C- Hughes, Carlsson
    G- Swayman, Wolf

Dobber Sports Recruit

So this isn't an offer you received?

I think in dynasty you have to be careful about speaking in absolutes- a lot can happen over a players career and when it happens it happens fast- especially in regards to how we evaluate players. I get nervous when people pull.out their crystal balls and start saying what a ayer will and won't do...

Looking at the specifics here I do tend to agree with the majority here but there are some exceptions. Right out of the gate the Kyrou/Tkachuk swap is troubling- especially when you consider the scoring for shots on goal. The difference there is kyrous 200 or so to Tkachuk 300 to 350. I mean isnt that the equivalent of like 20 or 30 goals?? Even if there scoring was similar- and thats certainly not the most projectable outcome- the shots cause a problem. It looks rough on paper but kyrou is young too- there's at least a chance this ends up closer down the line. If he gambled on Kyrou here and got the upper hand on the second part of this deal- I might be ok with it...

Losing Saros settles the debate for me. I think I might be higher on Ersson and Hofer than others on here- but having been short a starter for the last several years and owning a laundry list of guys who were supposed to be "for sure" starters that never panned out I can tell you for a certainty- there's no such thing as "for sure" with goalies- lol!

That being said I do think both guys look like eventual top 20 guys- with top 10 being within their reach. Its not impossible they end up as valuable as Saros but what are the realistic odds that happens? 5% between them? Not good. I think they're quality adds- just dont belong in this particular offer I guess....