Thread: Seth Jarvis

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Seth Jarvis

A owner in my league is hoping to move Jarvis today before our deadline. He told me he's looking for picks and a prospect and offered my 1st 2nd and Korchinski but I won't be trading Korchinski. If I can offer another one of my prospects plus the picks would that be worth it? Jarvis seems like a good multicat guy in a banger league but would he be worth that much for him?

Thanks!
    16 Teams H2H Dynasty Cap League 27 - 29 roster spots (12 bench, 1 IR), 8 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups

Skaters: G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, PPG, PPA, SHP, HIT, FOW
    Goalies: W, GAA, SVs, SHO

C: Hughes, Norris, Jenner
    LW: Kaprizov, Peterka
    RW: Rantanen, Tom Wilson
    D: Hedman, Matheson, Gudas, Heiskanen
    G: Daws, Ersson
    BENCH: Tomasino, Annunen, Leinonen, Lundkvist,
    Samsonov, Vejmelka
    PROSPECTS: Alnefelt, Lucius, Othmann, Reichel, Korchinski, Gushchin, Guhle

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Seth Jarvis

Your post is a tad confusing when I read

He told me he's looking for picks and a prospect and offered my 1st 2nd and Korchinski but I won't be trading Korchinski.
    Is this an offer he came at you with?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Rookie

Yeah sorry. He came to me with the offer when I asked what he was looking for. I'm not wanting to move Korchinsk, I'm just wondering what a fair price for Jarvis would be and if he's worth trading for.

Dobber Sports Deity

16 teams. Is the 1st and 2nd round picks for the upcoming draft in 2024? Where do you think that 1st round pick lands in the draft order? That's important to know when it comes to valuing that pick.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Rookie

The 1st would be in 2026 and I'm hoping to be a contender with my team come that year. The 2nd is for this year's draft and it's an earlier pick so it would be 18 or 20th overall

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by harr1son56 View Post
    The 1st would be in 2026 and I'm hoping to be a contender with my team come that year. The 2nd is for this year's draft and it's an earlier pick so it would be 18 or 20th overall
    Perfect. Good info to know.

I am fine with his offer and would be willing to part with probably any of your other prospects if you arent willing to part with Korchinski. See if anyone else interests him. Jarvis is a nice piece to add on your end so there has to be value going out too if you want this to happen.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Update he's only willing to move Jarvis for Korchinski. If it changed to Jarvis for Korchinski a 2024 2nd and 2026 2nd would it be worth it or just hold on to Korchinski?

Dobber Sports Superstar

It seems to me that you're building and not looking to contend until next year or the year after. That being the case, I'm not moving Korchinski for Jarvis. Typically D are more valuable than F in most leagues, that's a factor, and IMO Korchinski has a very real chance of being considerably more value as a fantasy asset than Jarvis will be in 2 years' time. I'm keeping my picks as well thank you very much. BTW, Hedman is not getting any younger, Korchinski could very well be your replacement for him (it's sure looking like Lundqvist is not the answer) thus, another reason to hold Korchinski. Pass for me.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Rookie

Thanks for the input Axeman and Bubba! I didn't follow through with the trade. I would like Jarvis but I'd rather keep Korchinski for now. I'll rep when I'm on my PC I can't figure out how to do it on my phone haha. For some reason my signature never updated but I actually don't have Hedman anymore I made a move to get Dahlin and sent Hedman away.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Would you still say No on this trade with my team already having Dahlin and Heiskanen? He's really pushing hard and changing up the picks to try to make it work.

Dobber Sports Wizard

i think Jarvis is better own than Korchinski...people are so worry about Bedard effect..does not work that way all the time....

both good players but Jarvis is just about fully developed
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Superstar

It would be useful to see your full D here, but with both Heiskanen and Dahlin rostered it would seem that Korchinski could be considered expendable if the right deal came along. I do like Jarvis, so as long as the picks are withing reason I'd be good with this. If he's backing off a bit on the 1st and 2nd rounders, well, that's even better. Good luck.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Initiate

I have both Jarvis and Korchinski on the same roster and am planning to keep Jarvis over Korchinski if that means anything. I do also have a glut of defensemen as well that are ahead of Korchinski on my depth chart in that I'm planning to keep Bouchard, Seider, L. Hughes - and I do have Hits/Blks as categories, so I do have to consider filling those stats up with another player as Korchinski does not move the needle here. I agree Korchinski may ultimately win here in the long run but I don't think that will happen until at least 2+ seasons in the future. Let's not kid ourselves in that Chicago isn't going to be that good next year or maybe even the year after, and Jarvis has been having a great year and likely more valuable player in at minimum the next 2 seasons. If you're looking to win next year or the year after, I think Jarvis is the better own... especially already having Dahlin and Heiskanen who are both entering their prime years as well and align better with Jarvis' development path than Korchinski's path.

Dobber Sports Stud

Jarvis is really popping right now with 7 goals in his last 7 games. Next year will be his fourth season. The progression arc is really interesting.