Thread: Wild keeping MAF

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Wild keeping MAF

I mean, once the deadline passes I'll completely believe it but that's what they are saying for now.

https://twitter.com/hockeywildernes/...grm9MNxtw&s=19

The Wild are reportedly going to be keeping Marc-Andre Fleury, and will not trade him before the deadline. #mnwild   
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Default Re: Wild keeping MAF

My guess is Minnesota was fully ready and willing to trade MAF, but the most obvious suitor - New Jersey - is not looking poised to go deep. Also, they probably realize that although MAF is the only UFA goalie to be who has a pedigree, due to his age, performance of late, and lack of teams who "need" him, there is not as much market for him as hoped. Of course this could be a tactic to try and induce better offers. I still think there is a non-zero chance he gets moved, although that likelihood is dropping by the day.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Maybe to Colorado
    18 Team H2H, 24 team roster with 21 active, 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 1Skt, 10IR, 20 Prospects with 100/50goalie games before pro.
    Cats: G, A, TP, H, BL, SH, W, Saves, S%
    F: Lowry, McDavid, Zibanejad, Hyman, Kucherov, Stamkos, Lafreniere, Tolvanen, Tuch , Jenner, Kent Johnson, Foegele, Tucker, Vatrano, Rust
    D: M. Anderson, Lindell, Ristolainen, Trouba, Oleksiak
    G: Kuemper, Vasilevskiy, Hart
    Prospects: (G) Askarov, Barlow, Howard, Ohgren, Stranges, Kemell, Morozov, (D) Duda, (D) Hutson

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I imagine Fleury decided he didn't want to be traded.