Thread: Small Move

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Small Move

So I'm at least a year out from cintending- although it was still a spicy year for making big gains- lol!

Anyways- along the way I saw Burakovsky get dropped in an 18 teamer where were forced to roster some pretty debatable assets at points I thought landing him was a coup- lol! He was good for 60 usually, he had seasons where he flirted with a ppg, he seemed like a bright spot on Seattle but the reality is things look pretty bad this year- and im not just talking about injuries!

Hes skating around 13 minutes and has spent almost no time.in the top six being a feature on the third line and may have even spent majority timeshares on the 4th line at points if im reading right. Nobody is going to do much for fantasy with that deployment- I'm thinking its finally time to cut the cord on my big "free asset"- lol!

Problem is the options are bad- haha

My best bet is probably Amadio- hes sort of an i Trigun guy amd I get Marchment vibes from him. Never crazy good production but always been consistently good and now he's been scoring at a decent clip from the third line- until recently where hes gotten a shake in the top six and Yada Yada yada- small sample size- but he's making the most of it! Hes an u derrared goal scorer and Vegas is sort of famous for giving underrated/unheralded guys key riles on the team if they earn them. Can he be a guy?

Another option is Rasmussen. Pros he remi do me of Zacha last year- just a big man slowly giggling out the position and although it's creeping along at a snails pace we ARE seeing success in terms.of integration if not production (his 30ish points isn't that bad tbh tho). His new contract shows faith from the team.and is expensive enough that I dony think he's going to get relegated to strict bottom six duty from here on out. The negative/knock is that like Zacha he just does not like to shoot lol! Thats a death knell in this league. Is he worth holding onto with the hopes he can add that element or just a pass?

Logan O'Connor seems like an Amadio ituation but my fear is that Colorado will almost surely add a top.sixer and hes not nearly entrenched there.

Ryan Strome has been all.over the map this season- I think he was an anchor at one point- but with a history of 55 point seasons in his back pocket and at 30 years old- he could be the type of low maintenance add that helps strengthen my bench for a run next year.

Last one is a crazy lomgshot BUT if Martha can go to a team where he plays on minutes a night (his average this year is 13:49)- I really feel like there's 30 goals and probably a TOn of shots lol!

Options are slim and on top of that Burakovsky has a 28% ownership which is a monster upgrade from these guys who are usually 10 or less. That being said I just do NOT see a turn around for Burakovsky with this deoyment but as a contender low on forwards I also don't see them.moving him anytime soon.

Its a small problem- lol- would.love to hear a BIG solution!!!
    Weekly changes- protect 6-12 each year determined randomly- and the rest stay on board so.its like a pseudo dynasty. 2c, 3w, 1ff, 4d, 2g

The scoring is skaters: g4, a2, sog 1, pim 0.25, st+1, and +/- 1 for forwards and +/-3 for defense.
    Goalies: W6, L-2,sv0.3, SO 3 and player scoring for G and A.

Rebuilding
    C- Hughes, Carlsson
    W- Laf, Slaf, Michkov, Buchy
    D- Weresnki, L Hughes, Clarke, Xhekaj
    G- Swayman, Wolf
    B- Wright, Sharnagovich, Tolvanen, Mangiapane, Schmid, Other Junk
    Farm- Michkov, Holtz, Stankoven, N Robertson, Cristall[, Cossa

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Small Move

Out of all the players you mentioned Burakovsky sadly is the best bet. I like Amadio as he’s been good in small deployment. Rasmussen has been slowly slowly coming along nicely but I see a tops of 50 points. O’Connor is not a breakout guy in my opinion he was a career AHLer before injuries and I’ll admit has done well with his limited deployment but I’m not taking him over Burakovsky. I think I hold onto the B man. He’s the best of the rest and unless there’s a better option stay put man.

At this point Mantha has proven he’ll never be fantasy relevant I mean if he can’t get good deployment in WAS where will he. Steal clear my man. As for strome he’s a Burakovsky to me. To me I’m still taking Burakovsky but it’s a toss up.