Thread: Beniers vs Rossi vs Hayton

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Beniers vs Rossi vs Hayton

The sophomore slump is hitting Beniers hard, so much so that the 10th place team dropped him and he's been available as a free agent for the last four days. I'm looking at Rossi as the drop to make room for him. Rossi's stats are better overall, but he's done hardly anything over the past month. I've mainly been holding him because his low salary is great in this league as we use a salary cap for keepers.

One sticking point is that in order to add Beniers, I'd also have to drop Hayton as he's on my IL while healthy, but Hayton has been having an even worse season than Beniers, so maybe that's not a major loss.
    12-Team Yahoo H2H Keeper League (Salary cap for keepers only)

3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1 UTIL, 2G (6 BN, 6 IR+, 1 NA)
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, HIT, BLK / W, GAA, SV%, SHO

C - S. Aho, M. Beniers, S. Crosby, B. Jenner, L. Stankoven
    LW - C. Caufield, J. Hughes, T. Moore, J. Slafkovsky, O. Tippett
    RW - D. Batherson, C. Keller, A. Lafreniere, S. Reinhart
    D - E. Bouchard, B. Dillon, M. Roy, M. Seider, C. York
    G - J. Binnington, J. Saros, J. Swayman

IR+: T. Demko, T. Hertl, K. Johnson, G. Landeskog, J. Trouba
    NA: B. Othmann

The Great One

Default Re: Beniers vs Rossi vs Hayton

The list of centers as short as Rossi who became fantasy successes is very.....well.....short. I think he's overhyped. I'd take Berniers over him without hesitation. I like Hayton and feel he has talent, as was shown at the end of last season. But Cooley being in the picture is not ideal for him, whereas Berniers doesn't have that issue. This is tough, and when it's a close call like it is here, I usually like to stick with what I have, meaning hold Hayton.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/