Thread: Keeper Decision Help before trade deadline

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Keeper Decision Help before trade deadline

10 Team H2H Yahoo Keep 3 + 2 Rookies (under 83GP)

G, A, PPP, SOG, FOW, HITS, BLKS, W, GAA, SAVES, SV%

Our trade deadline is coming up in a few weeks so I知 looking to nail down my keepers for next year. We keep 3 + 2 rookies if you have them. I知 weighing my options and would like some advice from the list below with their current rank in our setup-
    JT Miller (2)
    Pasta (4)
    Crosby (11)
    Demko (13)
    Dobson (19)
    B.Tkachuk (23)

rookies: Bedard, Levi

At the start of the year I was leaning Miller, Pasta and B.Tkachuk, but I知 seriously considering keeping Dobson as there aren稚 nearly as many elite D. I致e been offered 1st round picks for Brady and Crosby so I could offload one of them. Any advice would be great. I知 currently in 1st and going for the win, but also looking ahead to next year!
    10 Team H2H Keep 3 + 2 Rookie (under 82GP)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, HITS, BLKS, FOWS, W, SAVES, SV%, GAA

C: ​Bedard (rookie), Crosby, Thomas

LW: B.Tkachuk, Forsberg, Debrincat (RW)

RW: Pastrnak, Miller (C), Pavelski (C)

D: Dobson, Seider, Pietrangelo, Chabot

G: Shesterkin, Demko, Talbot

NA: Levi

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Keeper Decision Help before trade deadline

Miller
    Pastrnak
    Tkachuk

If you're in 1st place, I wouldn't be dealing any of your potential keepers. Even if Crosby isn't a keeper for you, I wouldn't trade him. If anything, you should be trading next year pieces to solidify your run this year. I wouldn't trade away key pieces like Crosby for next year. That makes no sense. Why downgrade your current team for picks?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Superstar

Whoa .... if it ain't broke don't fix it!! Ya, What Axe said. I'm also not keeping Dobson over any of Pasta, Miller or Tkachuk! Dobson is having a hell of a year. Is that repeatable?? Go ask Montour owners ... too much risk, those three forwards, no risk IMO (:
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

The Great One

It seems you can ill afford to deal any of them. Often winning comes at a cost of having to hold players you know could fetch you value and you can't keep. In those cases, tell yourself you built a winner once so you can do it again. Hold pat. Yes, you'll lose some guys for nothing, but winning is most important. Don't risk it.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/