Thread: Sharangovich

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Sharangovich

Just wondering what people are making of him these days? I assume the general feeling is the same waiver level piece hes always been but when you dig a little deeper'I feel like there may be more to the story here.

We open free agency after the first period every year and for me he went from the top.of my add list to the bottom based mostly on how he was deployed early on. He was used mainly on the 4th line and played only around 12 mins a night- nil on the pp.

In those first 10 games- he predictably had 2 points.

At game 11 he climbs to 18:43 and spends the bulk of that time with Lindholm and Huberdeau- a dramatic shoft in assignment from fourth line checking center and one that he holds onto with both hands. Although there are still.growing pains from here- and more bench time than you'd like.to see- you can see a tangible split between when he recorded that promotion. Consider that his atoi climbs from 14:12 to 19:30 between quarters one and two- a difference of more than five minutes!!

And the result? Again predictable- as he accrued 33 of his 35 total points in just 40 games- including an astounding 20 goals off the back of a January where he was in the debate for league leaders in goal scoring (10th!!!). To clarify thats a goal heavy 68 point pace...

I'm not suggesting hes a star player but he did all that BEFORE the massive trade with Van. Through that lens- his tenure in Calgary actually looks pretty solid!! I happen to think a defensively capable, play driving center is just waht the doctor ordered between Huberdeaus playmaker and Kuzmenkos goal scoring. I know he's unproven as a center on a scoring line but if he can find a way to make a home here I think Yegor can actually prove to be a rock solid depth piece for most fantasy teams.

So yea- before I get to enamored with him I wanted to post that here and see what other Gms are thinking. Again not saying hes a superstar- just wondering if we could see him graduate from favored streaming asset to bonafide scoring line player??

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Sharangovich

It all depends on various factors like league size, categories, roster sizes, positions, cap league, etc.

He's a top six forward in Calgary who gets over 2mins of PP time per game, so he's definitely serviceable in a lot of points only fantasy leagues. 20 goals in 50 games this year is nothing to sneeze at but if your league is multi-cat, he loses value because he doesn't get many dirty categories. I just looked and so far he has 4 PIMs on the season and 7 hits, total. He's got a lot more blocks than hits which is odd. Probably just in the wrong place when the shot came in.

Is he a top 50 player in most fantasy leagues? Not even close. He's probably not even a top 20 LW in most leagues if we are talking positions, but he's right in that discussion. I own him in a couple leagues, but they are all 24 team leagues or larger so you can sometimes struggle to find viable roster options and he is definitely one of those in leagues that size. If you are in a 10 team multi-cat league, he's probably borderline waiver fodder.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I own him and I nearly drop him at the begining of the season, but as you said, he gets a better deployment as the season go and since december, I putted him in my lineup every week and never regret it.
    I am not already convince he will keep this up but I hope so.
    As axe point out, his value is in a point only league.
    10 team dynasty (salary cap), start every week 12 fowards, 6 defenses and 2 goalies
    Fowards: G, A
    Defense: G, A, short handed time (0,25 pt / 2 min)
    Goalies: W 2 pt, OT lost 1pt, Shootout lost 1pt, shutout 1pt

F: Gaudreau, Matthews, Malkin, Eichel, Fiala, Zibanejad, Pavelski, Rust, Nelson, Suzuki, Eriksson Ek, Sharangovich
    D: Karlsson, Josi, Heiskanen, Montour, Theodore, Ekholm
    G: Sorokin, Bobrovsky
    Bench: Skinner, Mittelstadt, Couture, RyJo, Lehkonen, Coyle, Yamamoto, Barbashev, DeBrusk, Coronato, Luostarinen, Provorov, Lindell, Spurgeon, Orlov, Korchinski, Fleury, Samsonov, Blackwood, Husso, Vejmelka, Ersson
    Farm: Snuggerud, Miroshnichenko, But, Brisson, Rosen

Dobber Sports All-Star

I picked him up a couple of months ago and he hasn't disappointed. However, losing his center, playmaker Lindholm and bringing in another sniper in Kuzmenko, may hurt him.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

My only input is Sharangovich has so far proven over his career (both Calgary and New Jersey) that he’s quite terribly defensively, rather than defensively capable, and he was unable to drive play as a wing so it’s unlikely at best that he will be able to drive play at C.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    My only input is Sharangovich has so far proven over his career (both Calgary and New Jersey) that he’s quite terribly defensively, rather than defensively capable, and he was unable to drive play as a wing so it’s unlikely at best that he will be able to drive play at C.
    His multiple short-handed goals and consistent SH TOI this year may prove otherwise.
    B2B Champ. Dynasty Pot Winner - only champ the league has ever had.
    32 Team Dynasty~NHL cap using AAV
    2400+ players owned
    12F 6D 1G 4Bench, 57 Minors
    Scoring Cats: - Skaters 1G, 1A, 0.1 for (each SOG, H, Blk) - Goalies 1W, 1Shutout, .05 save
    12F - Panarin~Batherson~Kadri~Verhaeghe~
    Marchessault~Barbashev~N.Roy~Bjorkstrand~Sharangov ich~
    Pacioretty~Drouin
    6D - Carlson~Borgen~Ferraro~Middleton~Benoit
    1G - Shesterkin
    Minors:
    Fwd:Kovalenko~Berggren~Dufour~N.Foote~Rousek~ Posposil~McMann~Lavoie
    D: Tucker~Z.Jones~Kaiser~A.Hirose~Mermis
    Livingstone~Korczak~J.Poirier~Ahcan~Emberson
    G: Hofer~Sandstrom~Annunen~Prosvetov~
    Stevenson~Tolopilo~Clang~Chrona~Fedotov

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by BloodSport View Post
    His multiple short-handed goals and consistent SH TOI this year may prove otherwise.
    Being good defensively and being good killing penalties are entirely different skill sets and one day people will maybe understand that.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Muir View Post
    I own him and I nearly drop him at the begining of the season, but as you said, he gets a better deployment as the season go and since december, I putted him in my lineup every week and never regret it.
    I am not already convince he will keep this up but I hope so.
    As axe point out, his value is in a point only league.
    Yes thats what I'm talking about! His deployment was so brutal as a 4c and 1wminutes atoi- lol! It would have been easy to miss that he really turned that on its head about 10 games in!