Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 DobberBaseball League

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: 2024 DobberBaseball League

Just a heads up, we're at 30 days before game 1 (March 10th).

Our draft last year ran from March 13th - March 21st with the first game of 2023 was March 30th. With the same timeline of 8 days to draft, ~1 week of buffer before the season, that would have us drafting the week of February 23rd.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Just a heads up, we're at 30 days before game 1 (March 10th).

Our draft last year ran from March 13th - March 21st with the first game of 2023 was March 30th. With the same timeline of 8 days to draft, ~1 week of buffer before the season, that would have us drafting the week of February 23rd.
    Season starts March 21 though. With only 2 games. The main slate starts March 28.

The Wolverine

I know this goes without saying, but for anyone new joining they will need to be active on the forums for the draft. We can't afford too many delays chasing people or those not sending PMs to keep the draft moving. Still plenty of time but if we want to include the early games then we should probably aim for the beginning of March to start drafting, to give us a buffer at the end. If we're not including the early games, then starting the second week of March should be ok.

Hopefully we'll get the final two confirmed soon so we can decide on the draft / season start date. Axe - is your friend joining the forums? I have also just seen someone reply to the Classifieds thread.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    I know this goes without saying, but for anyone new joining they will need to be active on the forums for the draft. We can't afford too many delays chasing people or those not sending PMs to keep the draft moving. Still plenty of time but if we want to include the early games then we should probably aim for the beginning of March to start drafting, to give us a buffer at the end. If we're not including the early games, then starting the second week of March should be ok.

Hopefully we'll get the final two confirmed soon so we can decide on the draft / season start date. Axe - is your friend joining the forums? I have also just seen someone reply to the Classifieds thread.
    I'll find out for sure. He wont be active on the forums but I can keep him on his toes when it's his pick.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post

Axe's friend joined.

Waiting to hear back from the guy on the forums.

Dobber Sports Deity

Ok, my buddy is in here as wcain284

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Immortal

Alllll right we have 10.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Alllll right we have 10.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Immortal

Alright good stuff. 10 confirmed now.

I don't think there were any outstanding issues or requests to be added from last year
    So now... We wait. I imagine we'll aim to start early March.

Dobber Sports Deity

Draft order done randomly through a online draft generator?

The Wolverine

Alright good stuff. 10 confirmed now.

I don't think there were any outstanding issues or requests to be added from last year
    So now... We wait. I imagine we'll aim to start early March.
    Are we going to include the early games?

Dobber Sports Immortal

I'm on the side of waiting (as usual). 2 games isn't going to adjust my draft strategy on the elite players that play on LAD and SD. I'm always in favor of taking the route that avoids preseason injuries affecting already drafted players.

But....if people are opposed then we'll include them.

Dobber Sports Deity

I'm on the side of waiting (as usual). 2 games isn't going to adjust my draft strategy on the elite players that play on LAD and SD. I'm always in favor of taking the route that avoids preseason injuries affecting already drafted players.

But....if people are opposed then we'll include them.
    The sooner we can do the draft order, the sooner I can start to figure out my list and do up some mock drafts.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    The sooner we can do the draft order, the sooner I can start to figure out my list and do up some mock drafts.
    I love knowing my draft order as well.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

The Wolverine

Are we sticking with the same schedule format as last year: twice against everyone, then playoffs and an early finish?