Thread: GMs who probably arent the GM

Dobber Sports Deity

Default GMs who probably arent the GM

So after thinking more about the recent Canucks-Flames trade, and seeing Jim Rutherford doing most of the talking, it got me wondering about Allvin, who really is the GM of the Canucks but safe to say we all know who's really making the personnel decisions in Vancouver, and it most likely isn't Patrik Allvin.

So it got me wondering, who else is a figure head GM and probably doesn't really make the decisions that most GMs do. Off the top of my head, here's some of the teams I can think of where this is probably the case more so than others. Who do you think I am missing, or do you disagree with the ones I have posted.

The biggest one other than Vancouver Canucks that I can think of is probably the Toronto Raptors. Bobby Webster is the GM by title but really, we all know it's Masai Ujiri who runs the show there.

How about the Montreal Canadiens. Is Kent Hughes really the one making the trade calls, or is it former Rangers GM and current Habs Executive Vice President of Hockey Operations, Jeff Gorton?

Jays? Is Ross Atkins steering that ship or does Mark Shapiro control the wheel?

I am really starting to wonder if Ken Holland is still making decisions in Edmonton or has Jeff Jackson pulled the carpet out from under him there.

Who am I missing that you can think of? Disagree with some of the names listed?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: GMs who probably arent the GM

Kevyn Adams seems to have a longer leash than Botterill did but from what many Sabres fans have said Adams still needs the Pegula's permission to use the bathroom

Dobber Sports Titan

It's a bit different, but Shanahan is definitely moving whoever the GM is thoughts in the direction Shanny wants. He's the overarching driver, but the GM gets to choose what fast food place to stop at.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Sage

I read that Toronto has a more complicated structure.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Immortal

I saw the name Ross Atkins and I slammed my fist down on my desk. Hate that guy.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Definitely in the Raptors realm the decisions are made by Ujiri. And who the hell knows who’s in charge for the blue jays, was thinking like Krusty the Clown but dunno.