Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking: charges coming for 2018 WJC

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Breaking: charges coming for 2018 WJC

https://twitter.com/rwesthead/status...iV3a53L6A&s=19

That's the link to a Rick Westhead tweet about the charges and the Court Documents.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Grand Master

https://x.com/rwesthead/status/1753152038853316827?s=20

Rick Westhead @rwesthead

New: Court documents obtained by @TSN_Sports and @CTVNationalNews confirm Dillon Dube, Alex Formenton, Carter Hart, Michael McLeod and Cal Foote have all been charged with sexual assault. "Dillon Dube on or about the 19th day of June in the year 2018 at the City of London in the Southwest Region did commit a sexual assault on E.M., contrary to Section 271 of the Criminal Code of Canada." The document repeats the same allegation against each of the other four players and says McLeod is also facing an additional charge of sexual assault for "being a party to the offence." All of the players have said they will plead not guilty and the allegations against them have not been tested in court. The players were arrested on Jan. 26 and their next appearance date is Feb. 5, according to the documents.
    https://x.com/rwesthead/status/1753188697095406047?s=20

Rick Westhead @rwesthead

One takeaway of the documents filed in court is confirmation that police in London, Ont. believe that the 2018 World Juniors player who E.M. says she initially had consensual sex with also sexually assaulted her. Again, lawyers for the five players have said they all will plead not guilty. The allegations against them have not been proven. Will be on @SportsCentre tonight to discuss.
    Sorry just posting this for those who haven't seen and to clear up confusion. All 5 have been formally charged with sexual assault, with McLeod also being charged with "being party to the offence". Also the player who initially had with consensual relations with the victim is being charged. Tying all these points together, the initial consensual party (presumably John Doe #1 but unconfirmed) is 1 of the 5 facing charges, presumably (but unconfirmed) for actions after the initial consensual act. Presumably (but unconfirmed) McLeod is the player who texted others to come to the hotel room, which theoretically makes him John Doe #1 or #2 (but unconfirmed).

Dobber Sports Demi-God

^Very clear. Thanks.
    (ps. I'm trying to learn about this... in parts through speculating... in parts through discussing heavily to see how people interpret it. That was a very good reply rataylor22 - seriously - I got it now... I think).
    (two daughters for me... so... yeah...)

Dobber Sports Stud

Excellent article by Rick Westhead (TSN) about the behind the scenes legal battles brewing in this case against the 5 players. It's a bit lengthy but worth the read.

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/with-players-...wing-1.2070822
    WHL - 24tm multicast salary partial keeper
    19 Active / 6 Reserve / 15 Minors
    3C/3LW/3RW/3F/6D/1G
    Skaters: G/ A/ +/- /PIM/SOG/PPP/Hit/Blk/FOW-C
    Goalies: GS/W/OL/GAA/SV%/SV/SHO/ShL/A

Dobber Sports All-Star

The sexual assault case of five former members of Canada's world junior hockey team has been put over to the end of April.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Titan

From Rick Westhead:
    During a 15 minute hearing, lawyers for four current and one former NHL players spoke to the justice of the peace in a London, Ont., court about next steps in this case.
    The justice of the peace ordered a publication ban on the identity of the alleged victim and two witnesses in the case.
    Crown attorney Heather Donkers told the court that "substantial" paper and audio evidence collected by London police in connection with the case - known as disclosure - would be sent today by courier to the players' lawyers.
    The next hearing date in the case was scheduled for Apr.30, at which time lawyers will discuss and review disclosure in the case.
    It's just the next step in the process.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Yeah, if the amount of evidence collected by the crown is "substantial" then the defense lawyers need to be given sufficient time to review it all. This really isn't surprising.
    12-Team Yahoo H2H Keeper League (Salary cap for keepers only)

3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1 UTIL, 2G (6 BN, 6 IR+, 1 NA)
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, HIT, BLK / W, GAA, SV%, SHO

C - S. Aho, M. Beniers, S. Crosby, B. Jenner, L. Stankoven
    LW - C. Caufield, J. Hughes, T. Moore, J. Slafkovsky, O. Tippett
    RW - D. Batherson, C. Keller, A. Lafreniere, S. Reinhart
    D - E. Bouchard, B. Dillon, M. Roy, M. Seider, C. York
    G - J. Binnington, J. Saros, J. Swayman

IR+: T. Demko, T. Hertl, K. Johnson, G. Landeskog, J. Trouba
    NA: B. Othmann

Dobber Sports All-Star

Not a huge fan of Jeff Marek but do appreciate him on his show taking some time to talk about this case and reviewing the LPD news conference.

Dobber Sports Titan

In the presser, the London Police dismissed the involvement of hockey culture in the legal proceedings, and anything that they will do with the case. Then the London Police chief blamed the media for it's "protrayal of women" in why the Canadian Juniors allegedly raped the victim. He was talking about sexualization of women in media somehow contributed to violence against women. Then Journalist from Blackburn Media asked "do you think taking 6 years to prosecute this has had an impact" and the Police Chief froze.

I have no idea why the Police Chief paused questions to say that long winded statement either. Weird choice.

London Police essentially wouldn't say anything. But I wasn't expecting much. But they really wouldn't take any blame on why it took 6yrs for them to do their work. Next was they said they haven't spoken with the NHL in months. Which, again not a surprise.

Dobber Sports Deity

I watched the news conference, and let me say, the reporters asking the questions, for the most part, are idiots.

They are told they are allowed one question and one follow up question. I dont know how many asked the same question that was already asked, and were told by the Chief and Detective Sgt, that they weren't going to answer it. Reporters wasted one of their two questions asking the same thing in different forms, only to be told they would not be answering that question because of the ongoing trial. Are they all 6 year old kids who think if they keep asking their parents for a cookie that the police will finally give in to get them to stop asking?

Morons.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I watched the news conference, and let me say, the reporters asking the questions, for the most part, are idiots.

They are told they are allowed one question and one follow up question. I dont know how many asked the same question that was already asked, and were told by the Chief and Detective Sgt, that they weren't going to answer it. Reporters wasted one of their two questions asking the same thing in different forms, only to be told they would not be answering that question because of the ongoing trial.

Morons.
    I think a lot of that is they want to use their own quote instead of collectively sharing. I'm also thinking a bit of it is hope they trip up and say something else.

Dobber Sports Titan

I also don't know why it ended so abruptly. I know they said "we have time for 1 more question" then answered like 5 more. But when Rick Westhead asked about whether anyone from Hockey Canada tried to interfere with the original investigation, LPS just stopped the presser.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I also don't know why it ended so abruptly. I know they said "we have time for 1 more question" then answered like 5 more. But when Rick Westhead asked about whether anyone from Hockey Canada tried to interfere with the original investigation, LPS just stopped the presser.
    They probably werent going to answer that one either because it is one investigation, not two, and that question is tied to the ongoing trial. Even I know the police statement before the question is even asked.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

They probably werent going to answer that one either because it is one investigation, not two, and that question is tied to the ongoing trial. Even I know the police statement before the question is even asked.
    Ya just seemed like not the question you don't want to answer and be the final thing in a presser. Like I would have at least said to answer that generically, and then end the presser.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

They are told they are allowed one question and one follow up question. I dont know how many asked the same question that was already asked, and were told by the Chief and Detective Sgt, that they weren't going to answer it. Reporters wasted one of their two questions asking the same thing in different forms, only to be told they would not be answering that question because of the ongoing trial. Are they all 6 year old kids who think if they keep asking their parents for a cookie that the police will finally give in to get them to stop asking?

Morons.
    This is typical reporting nowadays.

You see it during the NHL playoffs all the time.

Reporter 1 - Is Player A hurt?
    Coach - No comments.

Reporter 2 - Is Player A injured
    Coach - no comment

Reporter 3 - Is Player A going to play tonight or is he injured?
    Coach - no comment

And a half hour later - the same question has been asked a dozen times and no one has anything useful.

Yes - morons!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​